New 2019 UConn Football roster up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2019 UConn Football roster up

Reaction Score
We played Travis Jones & Uguak & Pace & DeVaughn ON critical Downs last year as True Freshmen. Should never happen. Maybe one phenomenal Ed Oliver. But these guys got roasted early. Often. By OLine guys on a bunch of Teams year will fight to be Pros.
In 2019 & 2020

The LBs are related to this. But the worst look since FCS Days. Edsall knows how to manage a roster. Kevon Jones & Gardner goes the Julius Williams Route.

Reaction Score
Methinks ...

They like Krajewski. But Marvin Washington also. They wouldn’t have been sanguine about Washington Walk if they didn’t believe Beaudry really could fill the role.

To me, this feels like Tyler Lorenzen’s arrival. They say competition. But they’ll be surprised if Beaudry doesn’t grab the brass ring. From film? He’s been schooled by good HS & College coaches; he’s brave & has an arm. He can run.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Couple of observations:

19 DB
12 LB
12 DL- no giant LB- they are no more than 227 and the Husky or Star is around 200lbs - 196-206
3 Kickers
3 Snappers
15 DL - weight loss is good(Leone, Haynes, Hubbard and Holmes) and in Van Demark's case- the gain is good.
2 punters
5 QB -- Beaudry listed at 6'5" 250lbs and a grad student!
8 RB- no one over 198 unless you count Banton
5 TE - Donovan WIlliams up to 240! Rose at 248
14 WR - including the 2 PWO. Good mix between 5'9" guys and long guys at 6"2 and up.

The roster is almost to the position breakdown Edsall likes. Also, in looking at the size of the players and the eye test- this looks like a football team. The DL was too weak last year- you can see the gains made. Now the questions become play making ability and coaching. I am saying at least 5 wins.

Good summary.

Seems like with K Jones and TJ Gardner moved to DL and all our LBs on the lighter side we are likely to be playing more 4-3 than ever with two of the LBs as "traditional" guys and perhaps the third as the so called "star" LB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Perhaps the LB unit could end up looking like this: - I left Eli Thomas out because of his unknown medical status.

SLB10DJ Morgan (GD 2for2)Eddie Hahn (RS)Terrence Ganyi (RS)Jackson Mitchell
MLBDillion Harris (JR/JUCO)Hunter Webb (RS)Ryan Gilmartin (RS)Justin Bryant (soph-pwo)(Edsall)
Star LB (weak side LB?)Omar ForttIan SwensonJordan Morrison (RS)

Reaction Score
Our play at LB last season was just awful. We really have to hope that Harris and DJ can play and that at least one or two of the guys carrying over have really progressed.
I believe, and definitely could be wrong because of youth, that Jackson Mitchell will surprise some at LB. I even believe Webb will be in the mix. And if Ganyi figures things out he is a solid athlete to put at the second level. Opinions of course. Hopefully Hahn improved and got faster. Didn’t run fit too well last season

Reaction Score
BTW, nice to see the gains our DBs made in the off season.. kudos to them... they were quite LIGHT in the hiny... But now, looks like we have some much needed size back there...

Reaction Score
Gonna be interesting to see how our Safety positions pan out... We've got Coyle, Robinson, Harrell, and, IMO, Jaylen Jones, back there that will push for time early... others are Banks, King, and Turner... That's a nice group to have...

Reaction Score
Methinks ...

They like Krajewski. But Marvin Washington also. They wouldn’t have been sanguine about Washington Walk if they didn’t believe Beaudry really could fill the role.

To me, this feels like Tyler Lorenzen’s arrival. They say competition. But they’ll be surprised if Beaudry doesn’t grab the brass ring. From film? He’s been schooled by good HS & College coaches; he’s brave & has an arm. He can run.
I can see MB “competing” for the position but it won’t be handed to him as you believe. With Krajewski being the only returning QB he should have a pretty good grasp of the offense. He did get some minimal playing time last year and knows the speed of the game. With him playing two seasons under Rush Probst, and his experience at UCONN, it would seem like it is his job to lose. Just my opinion. Let the games begin!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can see MB “competing” for the position but it won’t be handed to him as you believe. With Krajewski being the only returning QB he should have a pretty good grasp of the offense. He did get some minimal playing time last year and knows the speed of the game. With him playing the past two seasons under Rush Probst, and his experience at UCONN, it would seem like it is his job to lose. Just my opinion. Let the games begin!

Next time I will be more specific with my words and syntax. For you. It is a competition. Any of the 5 guys could step up.

But I (MY VIEW) bet they are more comfortable with Beaudry today than before he arrived in early June.

Reaction Score
Gonna be interesting to see how our Safety positions pan out... We've got Coyle, Robinson, Harrell, and, IMO, Jaylen Jones, back there that will push for time early... others are Banks, King, and Turner... That's a nice group to have...

You look at this today ... makes you realize how thin we were (and inexperienced) a few short years ago. Same on the DL - where I think we have improved, with depth. And LBs ... we haven't seen the key newcomers play at all here in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
And Torres-Silva & Harrell are NOT Freshmen. I haven't scrutinized the entire roster for eligibility; but I expect there are some missed details.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We have ...

A ton of Youth. Good solid depth - imho - in quality & sizes & skills. Moore & Gourdine & Woods all have opportunity early if they’re good enough.

The DLine is a total rehab from the Disco Diaco days. And I’m thinking Coach Dott is a very valuable guy.
Woods is apparently transferring.

Reaction Score
Some notes specific to the roster from Press Conference:

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 51s
Eli Thomas is not cleared to play. Won't be cleared this year. Career over, at least playing.

Mike Anthony @ManthonyCourant
Eli Thomas, who sustained a stroke in winter, will not play football again at UConn but is a captain and will remain with the program.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe
Thomas, who’s recovering from a stroke, is home in Elmira awaiting the birth of a child. He will remain a vital part of the team, according to Edsall.

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman18s
Jeff Woods, a freshman defensive lineman, told Edsall an hour ago that he will transfer. The Huskies have 79 scholarship players (and 99 total) at this moment but plan to add one more. (He texted Edsall he was transferring a short time before start of press conference)

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 1m
Another addition will be coming to #UConn football roster

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
Randy Edsall expects to make it official in next day or two

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1m
Edsall casually slips in that Ryan Carroll and Khyon Gillespie will not play this year because they didn't meet academic standards.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
77 scholarship players with one coming wheeeeeeeee

Reaction Score
And Torres-Silva & Harrell are NOT Freshmen. I haven't scrutinized the entire roster for eligibility; but I expect there are some missed details.
The person who updates the roster always does this... They add guys on (just to make sure they're on the list) then later on, they update their eligibility status, along with other stuff (photo, weight height position)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
@Exit 4 is this the one you were hinting at yesterday or should we be expecting another...
I am aware of another. Been on the road this afternoon - maybe the other is out there now. Still catching up.

Reaction Score
More than likely you're probably right.. Doug appears to be a firefighter in New Haven..
He’d be at least 75 now. May have been WC ‘59, and played on 1963 Loyola national champion team. Don’t hold it to me, just from memory.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Update, like I said, was out of pocket this afternoon and didn’t monitor twitter. The “other” player was Eli Thomas who is no real surprise. So - yeah that’s it - no other roster changes at this hour.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’d be at least 75 now. May have been WC ‘59, and played on 1963 Loyola national champion team. Don’t hold it to me, just from memory.
Then I say it's gotta be his grandson...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom