New 2019 UConn Football roster up | The Boneyard

New 2019 UConn Football roster up

Reaction Score
Is Douglas Wardlaw any relation to THE Doug Wardlaw from Wilbur Cross/Loyola-Chicago in early 60s?

Reaction Score
Is Douglas Wardlaw any relation to THE Doug Wardlaw from Wilbur Cross/Loyola-Chicago in early 60s?
More than likely you're probably right.. Doug appears to be a firefighter in New Haven..

Reaction Score
Well, we all know what coaches tend to do with these rosters, but let's hope this is at least indicative of progress.

Would be really nice if Rose is right around 250.

Would also be nice if we have some LBs that can run!

Reaction Score
Take a look at the roster bro. Rose is at 248lbs!!!
Donovan Williams is at 240lbs...

Solid improvements

I looked at the roster bro. What I'm saying is that coaches........ummm..........take liberties with those numbers. Like I said, if Rose is really up around 250 he might be very effective.

Reaction Score
I looked for two things in metrics in these numbers

TE

Rose above 240 & Williams above 240. CEdsall TE Coach etc did not bring on new plugs to the roster when there were a bunch available. I like that they’ve got veterans & former QB athletes. Hope they’ve got great blocking skills & mindset.

LB

Love to see Today’s depth chart. You have 4 intriguing LBs in Harris & Hahn & Webb & DJ in mid 220s. Good angles & speed & aggression is what we are used to.

Turns out Diamond ain’t 6-3. Love to see a hitter added to Coyle in Safety spot.

I like Swenson

Reaction Score
Uguak and Pace 270+. Both should move into the DT rotation along with Travis Jones and the kid from Texas whose name escapes me.
Caleb Thomas is the kid from Mansfield TX also at DT with T Jones...

Nice to see the gains our DL has made across the board.

PLUS, not only was K Jones moved to DL, TJ Gardner (now up to 244lbs) has been moved there as well.

Interesting rotation we'll have ...

Justin Moore up to 273lbs (30 plus lbs up from when 1st got here)

The long pass rushing DEs made gains:

P DeVaughn @ 251lbs
Watts up to 244lbs

Pace & Uguak maintaining their 270 ish weights...

Gotta believe we might potentially have something going here...

Reaction Score
Long Snapper?

The only surprise on the new roster

And I’m guessing. But Kevin Cahill was a highly regarded C/LS at Summit NJ HS. Went to Penn State. Now on a UCONN roster & not on Penn State.

Reaction Score

PLUS, not only was K Jones moved to DL, TJ Gardner (now up to 244lbs) has been moved there as well.

P DeVaughn @ 251lbs
Watts up to 244lbs

We have ...

A ton of Youth. Good solid depth - imho - in quality & sizes & skills. Moore & Gourdine & Woods all have opportunity early if they’re good enough.

The DLine is a total rehab from the Disco Diaco days. And I’m thinking Coach Dott is a very valuable guy.

Reaction Score

P DeVaughn @ 251lbs
Watts up to 244lbs

Coach Dottin-Carter, was the only guy whose unit on Defense improved as the year went on. I'm high on him as a coach.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Couple of observations:

19 DB
12 LB
12 DL- no giant LB- they are no more than 227 and the Husky or Star is around 200lbs - 196-206
3 Kickers
3 Snappers
15 DL - weight loss is good(Leone, Haynes, Hubbard and Holmes) and in Van Demark's case- the gain is good.
2 punters
5 QB -- Beaudry listed at 6'5" 250lbs and a grad student!
8 RB- no one over 198 unless you count Banton
5 TE - Donovan WIlliams up to 240! Rose at 248
14 WR - including the 2 PWO. Good mix between 5'9" guys and long guys at 6"2 and up.

The roster is almost to the position breakdown Edsall likes. Also, in looking at the size of the players and the eye test- this looks like a football team. The DL was too weak last year- you can see the gains made. Now the questions become play making ability and coaching. I am saying at least 5 wins.

Reaction Score
I looked for two things in metrics in these numbers

TE

Rose above 240 & Williams above 240. CEdsall TE Coach etc did not bring on new plugs to the roster when there were a bunch available. I like that they’ve got veterans & former QB athletes. Hope they’ve got great blocking skills & mindset.

LB

Love to see Today’s depth chart. You have 4 intriguing LBs in Harris & Hahn & Webb & DJ in mid 220s. Good angles & speed & aggression is what we are used to.

Turns out Diamond ain’t 6-3. Love to see a hitter added to Coyle in Safety spot.

I like Swenson

Our play at LB last season was just awful. We really have to hope that Harris and DJ can play and that at least one or two of the guys carrying over have really progressed.

Reaction Score
Our play at LB last season was just awful. We really have to hope that Harris and DJ can play and that at least one or two of the guys carrying over have really progressed.
Also the Webb kid. I agree with you. Our LB play had to be seen to be believed. If you tried to explain that to someone they would think you were lying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom