OT: - Need some advice from yall Yankees (food related) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Need some advice from yall Yankees (food related)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tip for anyone traveling to Hilton Head, SC or Savannah, GA areas. The Sugaree, a Bluffton, SC bakery about 25 minutes from both towns, makes both styles of lobster rolls with toasted, locally baked hot dog style buns, and they are as good as any in New England. Owners come from Maine.

I was in the Hilton Head area for a few days last week, and based on your suggestion I made it a point to stop by The Sugaree for a Lobster Roll. It was wonderful, and my friend thought so as well. We both had the Maine Style...the buns were outstanding. Friendly customer service. My only regret was not stopping back by on the way out of town and getting 2 or 7 of those Cheese Danishes to bring back to NC. Thanks for the recommendation.

lob2.jpg
lobster.jpg

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Looking for COLD(Maine style) Lobster rolls in the Waterbury area. Does anyone know a place or two?

Reaction Score
I live in BAR HARBOR , MAINE. So.........
Also, we get our Lobsters at $ 5.99 a pound .....
in the WINTER !!!
Don't believe all the stuff about a lot of Mayo, etc. on the usual Maine Lobster Roll.
Maybe on the "TRUCK" to improve their profit margin, but not if you know where to
buy them in the PINE TREE STATE.
Sometime get to P.E.I., Canada, and try their LOBSTER. Definitely a different taste
(from all those lobsters already written about on the blog). Go to a Church Supper on PEI and ENJOY!!. Just don't buy
a "submarine sandwich" on PEI. Ours came on a hot dog roll!
Have a good trip and enjoy the lobster! Our lobster rolls were still running
about 37 dollars each ( but we make our own ). The prices will come down a bit,.... the lobster boys and girls are not
yet " pulling" as many as they are capable of doing during the " high" season. Law of
supply and demand?? CHEERS, From DOWN EAST MAINE
EDIT: you'll probably love both types. I used to get the CONN variety, hot with toasted roll, with butter
when I lived in the LOWER CAPE in MA. It's like REALLY GOOD ICE CREAM, just serve up A LOT !

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I live in BAR HARBOR , MAINE. So.........
Also, we get our Lobsters at $ 5.99 a pound .....
in the WINTER !!!
Don't believe all the stuff about a lot of Mayo, etc. on the usual Maine Lobster Roll.
Maybe on the "TRUCK" to improve their profit margin, but not if you know where to
buy them in the PINE TREE STATE.
Sometime get to P.E.I., Canada, and try their LOBSTER. Definitely a different taste
(from all those lobsters already written about on the blog). Go to a Church Supper on PEI and ENJOY!!. Just don't buy
a "submarine sandwich" on PEI. Ours came on a hot dog roll!
I’m so glad you mentioned the PEI church lobster dinners! Some of the best meals I’ve ever had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom