Nebrich has to start next week. Let the Nebrich era begin. | The Boneyard

Nebrich has to start next week. Let the Nebrich era begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your conclusion, but he looked completely lost in there. And there are a lot of other parts of the game such as handoffs, pitches and fakes that are not going to go well with a freshman QB.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your conclusion, but he looked completely lost in there. And there are a lot of other parts of the game such as handoffs, pitches and fakes that are not going to go well with a freshman QB.

Dude he was in there for 3 plays. Run for no gain. Dropback that was ALMOST a TD grab(slightly overthrown but great decision with the ball), and a 5 yard completion on a crossing pattern.

So for you to say he looked lost is completely crazy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dude he was in there for 3 plays. Run for no gain. Dropback that was ALMOST a TD grab(slightly overthrown but great decision with the ball), and a 5 yard completion on a crossing pattern.

So for you to say he looked lost is completely crazy.

It wasn't a little overthrown. He missed a wide open receiver by 5 yards because he didn't put any air under the ball.

We get the same kind of moronic arguments on the hoops board, where every freshman will be the next Ray Allen/Donyell Marshall/Rip Hamilton/Emeka Okafor. There is a reason why coaches don't just start their entire recruiting class. You want to see what a freshman/sophomore starting lineup looks like, watch a replay of FIU/Louisville. And those recruits were much higher rated than ours.

Reaction Score
Nebrich looked completely lost? He played one series.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I understand the angst... but people will be seriously disappointed when Mike Nebrich turns out not to be the next Peyton Manning.

Reaction Score
Nelson

He made a good decision(the guy was open, no safety help), he made the throw. You hit some deep balls and you miss some. But fundamentally, it was the right play.

If you disagree with that you don't know football.

Poor Johnny Mac had a horrific day. But to say both that Nebrich looked lost and to infer that I made Nebrich out to be Ray Allen makes you look really, really silly.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson

He made a good decision(the guy was open, no safety help), he made the throw. You hit some deep balls and you miss some. But fundamentally, it was the right play.

If you disagree with that you don't know football.

Poor Johnny Mac had a horrific day. But to say both that Nebrich looked lost and to infer that I made Nebrich out to be Ray Allen makes you look really, really silly.

Listen clown, your posts about a college kid are way out of line. And step back from the personal attacks on me because a) they are inappropriate and unnecessary and b) I know MUCH more about both football and basketball than you do.

Reaction Score
We have to play Nebrich next week and let him start for rest of the year. Win or loss we need to stick with Nebrich. I think tonight he could easily run out of some of that pressure. We just need to teach him to hold on to the ball and not fumble it. We can't do worse than what MAC did tonight. Johnny Mac should go back to the Scout QB or 3rd string.

Reaction Score
?? What posts about a college kid are out of line?? I said "Poor Johnny Mac had a horrific day."

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Listen clown, your posts about a college kid are way out of line. And step back from the personal attacks on me because a) they are inappropriate and unnecessary and b) I know MUCH more about both football and basketball than you do.
chill out

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We have to play Nebrich next week and let him start for rest of the year. Win or loss we need to stick with Nebrich. I think tonight he could easily run out of some of that pressure. We just need to teach him to hold on to the ball and not fumble it. We can't do worse than what MAC did tonight. Johnny Mac should go back to the Scout QB or 3rd string.

As I was trying to say before the asshat attack, there is a lot more to being QB than just making throws. Lorenzen was great at everything BUT making throws, and it made him almost passable as a QB. Something struck me watching the Louisville game. Like McEntee, Stein just doesn't have the physical tools to be a D1 QB, but Bridgewater can't do anything out there. He was completely lost. And he is one of the top prospects in the country with the same OC that got Alex Smith first round money. We got Nebrich with Deleone and Moorhead. I can see Pasqualoni's reluctance to play Nebrich.

Reaction Score
Its abundantly disappointing that we have a weapon like Griffin but won't be able to utilize his talents without a competent QB.

Reaction Score

you tub sucks, go play div 2 ball,,,and i know more than you

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that with 120+ Division 1 programs (most? All of whom offer scholarships) there was a plausible reason why JMcEntee was a walk on?

Nope, he was just a wrongly-ignored gem, like all the hidden gems of Canada.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that with 120+ Division 1 programs (most? All of whom offer scholarships) there was a plausible reason why JMcEntee was a walk on?

You could say that about 1/3 of the roster.

Reaction Score
As I was trying to say before the asshat attack, there is a lot more to being QB than just making throws. Lorenzen was great at everything BUT making throws, and it made him almost passable as a QB. Something struck me watching the Louisville game. Like McEntee, Stein just doesn't have the physical tools to be a D1 QB, but Bridgewater can't do anything out there. He was completely lost. And he is one of the top prospects in the country with the same OC that got Alex Smith first round money. We got Nebrich with Deleone and Moorhead. I can see Pasqualoni's reluctance to play Nebrich.

You strike me as a combatative dude who may be a bit worked up by the loss, so i'm not even going to comment on your insult.

But what does Bridgewater looking lost have to do with this? Your comment was "nebrich looked lost". Myself and several other people questioned how you could feel that way due to the fact the kid was in there for 3 snaps, and looked "ok". He didnt' trip over himself, or have a delay of game, or puke on the field. He had a three and out, it happens.

and I am out of line for saying that "poor johnny mac had a horrific day"? i mean get a grip bro

Reaction Score
you tub sucks, go play div 2 ball,,,and i know more than you

I was just thinking it would be great if Belichick trolled these internet boards just to say stuff like this and mean it unlike this ridiculousness.

Reaction Score
Nelson / Waylon: You're one of my favorite posters. I like your mind.

Are you drinking? Ok if you are.

Reaction Score
You're wasting your time trying to rationalize with someone who still argues that Stanley Robinson isn't a Big East-caliber athlete.

Reaction Score
They've already burned his redshirt, so might as well get Nebrich more playing time even if it's splitting time with McEntee .

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson / Waylon: You're one of my favorite posters. I like your mind.

Are you drinking? Ok if you are.

This is a very tough spot. We have a walk on that might be barely capable of playing at this level. We have a solid recruit that may be good, but starting a freshman could lead to an 8 loss year, which I am not prepared to do. And then we have McCummings. about whom I honestly don't have the slightest idea.

And 80% of this board would like to bench QB's every time they make a mistake. There are people on this board actually arguing Frazer was a competent QB. What am I to think of such posters?

The next QB has to be "the guy" unless he totally melts down. Rotating QB's is a terrible idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom