Nebrich has to start next week. Let the Nebrich era begin. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nebrich has to start next week. Let the Nebrich era begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
They've already burned his redshirt, so might as well get Nebrich more playing time even if it's splitting time with McEntee .

Totally agree - put the kid out there and let him get his bearings now. Couldn't hurt - might help...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Silly post, most of us would settle for adequate 1A QB.
Hey, I would too, but if Nebrich gets tossed to the wolves and can only do barely better than JMac/Box/injured Lorenzen/Frazer/DJ/Bones, I rather doubt any of the "NEBRICH MUST START" crowd will realize the irony of the situation when they dump on Nebrich, possibly as early as Friday night.

Ideally, Nebrich starts, throws 2 TDs and no INTs and we beat Iowa State handily, and he keeps a stranglehold on the starting job. Or JMac stops locking in on one receiver, moves his feet a bit and progresses in his reads to the point that the coaches and fans feel comfortable with him starting. Either one is fine with me. But I am not optimistic that either one is realistic for this year.

Reaction Score
Now, I wasn't able to watch the game today (for your information, driving from New Hampshire to Cincinnati takes 15 hours...and it sucks the whole way) but judging from the numbers and what my friends were saying, I think there'd be validity to the statement about JMac being a walkon for a reason. He didn't produce at all. I feel like Frazer's worst games were even better than this one! He's clearly not our guy if he can't put any semblance of offense against one of the worst SEC teams.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hey, I would too, but if Nebrich gets tossed to the wolves and can only do barely better than JMac/Box/injured Lorenzen/Frazer/DJ/Bones, I rather doubt any of the "NEBRICH MUST START" crowd will realize the irony of the situation when they dump on Nebrich, possibly as early as Friday night.

Ideally, Nebrich starts, throws 2 TDs and no INTs and we beat Iowa State handily, and he keeps a stranglehold on the starting job. Or JMac stops locking in on one receiver, moves his feet a bit and progresses in his reads to the point that the coaches and fans feel comfortable with him starting. Either one is fine with me. But I am not optimistic that either one is realistic for this year.

Great post.

Reaction Score
As much as I am ready to see the Nebrich or McCummings era start after tonight's performance, you can't start either one of them against Iowa State. That would be throwing them to the wolves and could ultimately end up hurting their development in the long run. Let's see what happens next week and grin and bare it with the revolving QBs and then start Nebrich or McCummings against Buffalo where the likelihood of success is much higher. After witnessing tonight, I'll take 3-2 coming out of OOC play, with someone cemented as the starting QB going into BE play.

Reaction Score
If McEntee gets benched next week, it does not mean his career is over. Each of the last two seasons Frazer was benched for poor play and later came back a better QB. He learned by watching from the sidelines. McEntee can do the same.

Nebrich deserves a shot because he is an unkown quantity right now and we need to find out if there is some hidden upside to his game. Endres surprised us with his play when he started against Baylor 2 years ago. It's Nebrich's turn to show us what he's got. If that decision costs us the Iowa State game so be it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If McEntee gets benched next week, it does not mean his career is over. Each of the last two seasons Frazer was benched for poor play and later came back a better QB. He learned by watching from the sidelines. McEntee can do the same.

Nebrich deserves a shot because he is an unkown quantity right now and we need to find out if there is some hidden upside to his game. Endres surprised us with his play when he started against Baylor 2 years ago. It's Nebrich's turn to show us what he's got. If that decision costs us the Iowa State game so be it.

If we are ready to go another direction, than the fact that Iowa State looks semi-decent shouldn't matter. Go with Nebrich. I think I am there too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we are ready to go another direction, than the fact that Iowa State looks semi-decent shouldn't matter. Go with Nebrich. I think I am there too.

I might be as well. But I was also ready for Box @ Louisville last year, so as frightening as it sounds, it can be worse.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Watching McEntee lock onto receivers all night was hard to watch. He could of had another 3 or 4 picks. I like McEntee but he looks like his confidence is gone or going.

I would rather UConn start Nebrich and see what he can do with a half at the very least. You don't know until he plays more than a few plays here and there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You're wasting your time trying to rationalize with someone who still argues that Stanley Robinson isn't a Big East-caliber athlete.

Lmao. I remember that.

Idk how Nebrich looked 'lost' in 3 plays. However McEntee looked like he sucked over the course of the game, save a few plays. Start Nebrich Friday. It's time for UConn to groom a QB and not just have a stop gap rotation.

Reaction Score
I hope someone from the horde asks Coach P the following:

"If you don't lose your spot due to injury, why isn't Shoemate getting any snaps? And if the main factor in QB play is production, then why isn't Nebrich getting more snaps?"

Either both of them are injured (and in Shoemate's case, it's worse than they are letting on), or Coach P sees something in practice that we aren't seeing in the games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're wasting your time trying to rationalize with someone who still argues that Stanley Robinson isn't a Big East-caliber athlete.

No, I just didn't agree with you that he was the best athlete in UConn history.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
bump

I thought I saw something that was 2 games in the first 3 weeks of the season? So he could technically still be red shirted?

Not sure though, someone else want to confirm?

Reaction Score
If you are going to make up my position, I will make up yours.

You already do that to posters anyway.

You did make that argument, repeatedly. You can try and block it out of your mind, but anyone around long enough remembers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You already do that to posters anyway.

You did make that argument, repeatedly. You can try and block it out of your mind, but anyone around long enough remembers.

I made the argument that he was not a great athlete by Big East standards. And he isn't, because the Big East is the best basketball conference in the country and had athletes that frequently made Sticks look foolish. He was a great leaper with long arms that could do nasty dunks. That is not a great athlete. People with triple digit IQ's understand the difference between a great dunker and a great athlete compared to other top athletes playing at the highest level.

As I say every time this comes up, how is Sticks doing at the next level? He was the best athlete in UConn history or the Big East or whatever you mouth breathers thought. So where are his NBA All Star game appearances?

Why am I arguing with you? One of us understands complex, multidimensional, abstract concepts, and one of us can only remember nasty dunks.

Reaction Score
this sounds like semantics. best athlete and most athletic are two different things. whatever.
go to sleep, it's clearly past a lot of people's bedtime.

Reaction Score
I made the argument that he was not a great athlete by Big East standards. And he isn't, because the Big East is the best basketball conference in the country and had athletes that frequently made Sticks look foolish. He was a great leaper with long arms that could do nasty dunks. That is not a great athlete. People with triple digit IQ's understand the difference between a great dunker and a great athlete compared to other top athletes playing at the highest level.

As I say every time this comes up, how is Sticks doing at the next level? He was the best athlete in UConn history or the Big East or whatever you mouth breathers thought. So where are his NBA All Star game appearances?

Why am I arguing with you? One of us understands complex, multidimensional, abstract concepts, and one of us can only remember nasty dunks.
LMAO

At least you've finally admitted you have to make up the other person's argument in order to validate yours.

THC

Reaction Score
NelsonCuntz is clearly hammered. He is one of the most unlikeable posters ever.

Reaction Score
None of these guys are going to produce much more than Mac straight out of the gate. We start Nebrich, we'll get a similar result and then people will screaming for McCummings.

Reaction Score
None of these guys are going to produce much more than Mac straight out of the gate. We start Nebrich, we'll get a similar result and then people will screaming for McCummings.
Right on !!

Reaction Score

I missed out on this discussion on the basketball board, but I totally agree that Sticks was not a great player in the Big East. I think he had wonderful athletic ability in terms of running and jumping, probably great measurables, you know, but in terms of bb IQ, or coachability, whatever it was, he just disappeared out there on the floor. I think it was all in his head, but I'd take any one of the current players over sticks. Even Giffey.

Reaction Score

Right, just like with Michael Box. Everyone wanted Box. Box was going to be the savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom