ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did Tennesse really have to hire Summit look-a-like?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This is the point of the game that UTenn has a tendency to throw in the towel.
Let's see.

Towel has flown. After this, #18 UT should move up to around 12th. Yeah, I know.

Reaction Score
Why can't ND play this way against UConn?
if Notre Dame is #3 then it is a very weak year
No criticism here just say'n....Having played a lot in the day as they say and a decent amount of time volunteer coaching, basketball is one of the games that teams can tend at times to play down to the competition. This is where coaching should take its place.
Everyone brings their best vs UConn....ND took TN lightly until the half time chewing....:)

Reaction Score
Any word on DD?
I don't understand how they're not talking about DD on the bench. She came in about 6 min into the 3rd quarter and then went right back out, and neither moment was noted by the broadcasters.

Reaction Score
How is ND playing poorly? They are 52% from the floor, 43% behind the arc and 83% at the line. Holding opponent to 39 pts(13 a quarter) for three quarters. What game are you folks watching?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I shouldn't have said that. Truth to tell, I really feel for Margo, and for once I am not being sarcastic. Remember how we felt back in, what was it, 05?, when we lost five games?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
If Tennessee loses by more than 20 I think they drop out of the top 20... If they lose by more than 25 I think they drop further, possibly out of the top 25... :):)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Switching over to Clemson-VA Tech now. Should be better basketball than this garbage.
ND not playing bad - much better in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Also having fun watching them break the
Tenn press. Tenn is leaving too many players to press which leaves on offensive player wide open. ND took advantage of that a few times.

Tennessee's problem is the same old. They simply have no offense. Cooper and Deshields are too selfish and they have no idea how to run offense. What has Holly been teaching them for the past 2-3 years???

But I quoted your post because I disagree - this is great! Seeing Tennessee get their asses kicked is a great game any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is ND playing poorly? They are 52% from the floor, 43% behind the arc and 83% at the line. Holding opponent to 39 pts(13 a quarter) for three quarters. What game are you folks watching?
ND usually runs a crisp, clean offense by controlling the tempo and getting high percentage shots. That the shooting percentage is good in the first half means that the ND kids are too smart to take dumb shots but, boy, the first half offense looked nothing like the impreesive machine we're used to seeing.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I don't think Texas is really afraid of UCONN...

Yeah, they did such a spiffy job against the Huskies in the tournament last year. I am sure they will draw confidence from that one and quiet their fears. Ahem.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Lady Vol fans will not stand for this. Trust me.

They're playing the way they play, the way they've been playing.
the game is no different from all the others.
I can't understand (aside from the National TV)
Why this game should be signaled out for special attention.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What can they do, LV9? Holly is under contract until 2019 and Hart apparently loves her work.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The waters part and Allen walks in plus one

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Lady Vol fans will not stand for this. Trust me.

What are they going to do? Boycott? Stand at games and turn their backs to play? Turn on their orange jerseys?

Reaction Score
ND not playing bad - much better in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Also having fun watching them break the
Tenn press. Tenn is leaving too many players to press which leaves on offensive player wide open. ND took advantage of that a few times.

Tennessee's problem is the same old. They simply have no offense. Cooper and Deshields are too selfish and they have no idea how to run offense. What has Holly been teaching them for the past 2-3 years???

But I quoted your post because I disagree - this is great! Seeing Tennessee get their asses kicked is a great game any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

Is UT pressing? It looks more like they are just slow to get back.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
AT 3;56 left in the game, Tennessee has their first player in double digits. DD makes a jumper.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
From all the positive things that I have heard about DeShields, she is not that good. Perhaps, she is not coached that good.
Problem is, her stats at Tenn are very similar to her stats at North Carolina - so, is it coaching, or is this really who Diamond is? I'm in the "it's who she is" camp - an over-touted, flashy-looking, volume shooter, who is careless with the basketball, and somewhat disinterested in playing a high-level of team-first basketball.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A little rally for UTenn, uncharacteristic.

Reaction Score
Tenn looks horrible. Holly may be part of the problem, but from what im watching, the players dont mesh well yet and they are individually overated. I cant put my finger on whats wrong. The players look limited skill wise. Russell,Cooper and Deshields are good so maybe they need time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom