ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Tennessee's lack of a point guard is GLARING.. Cooper is just not good enough yet. Reynolds and Carter are NOT point guards in any way.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee's lack of a point guard is GLARING.. Cooper is just not good enough yet. Reynolds and Carter are NOT point guards in any way.
Not only that, their lack of offense, chemistry, and team play is also glaring. Defensively they play great for about 10-15 minutes each game. So much fun watching them self destruct....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Tennessee rally will give false hope to Margo and some of their supporters.
It's a false hope.
The team has impossibly simplistic schemes; or none at all.
They can play as hard as they can...and they did especially in the second part of the 4th quarter, but it simply doesn't matter.
And when they let up, they can easily lose to unranked teams.
What a horrible situation.
They're derided on National TV all night.
Surely the Admin will begin to take note.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
ND had the opportunity to put UT away and couldn't. Not a good sign if you're a ND fan.

UT is not that good. Inconsistant offense at best - a lot of run down and chuck it up. Defense - they look disinterested much of the time. I don't care if you have 7 MacDonald's AA's. It mean nothing on the college level.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I covered some junior college games with opponents who offered that same, disinterested attitude and the body language that confirmed it. They knew they weren't going to win and they weren't about to get too excited about it. This LV edition isn't even an average basketball team.

And for those who follow recruiting: How much more proof do you need that the prep "star" system is really a shot in the dark? UT put a fist full of McDonald's AA's on the floor tonight.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The game was functionally over. They have a bad habit of letting up in that scenario. It was still never close to being close.
Just like ND's game against UCONN. ND's defense is not really all that good.

Reaction Score
What good is Mercedes Russell if they're not going to give her the ball. They showed she was 3 for 5. Five shots and they were well into the third quarter.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The game was functionally over. They have a bad habit of letting up in that scenario. It was still never close to being close.
Blew my prediction, though. I hope you're resting easier.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Agree, many of the 4th Quarter points were scored against Notre Dame's bench. Kind of reminded me a few years ago when Geno took out his starters and all of a sudden a 30+ point lead end up to less then 20. :) Notre Dame took their foot off the gas. Westbeld impressed me the most of the Notre Dame players. I thought the rest of them played their usual game. Box SCore: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400842375

The Tennessee rally will give false hope to Margo and some of their supporters.
It's a false hope.
The team has impossibly simplistic schemes; or none at all.
They can play as hard as they can...and they did especially in the second part of the 4th quarter, but it simply doesn't matter.
And when they let up, they can easily lose to unranked teams.
What a horrible situation.
They're derided on National TV all night.
Surely the Admin will begin to take note.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Blew my prediction, though. I hope you're resting easier.

I am indeed. I expected a low double-digit win and that's what I got. Just not in the fashion I expected.

Was pleased with how they played in the second and third quarters. Arike and Westbeld looked particularly good.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I am indeed. I expected a low double-digit win and that's what I got. Just not in the fashion I expected.

Was pleased with how they played in the second and third quarters. Arike and Westbeld looked particularly good.
Sort of sounds like Turner is still less than 100 percent.

Reaction Score
I was happy TN lost but I was impressed with TN's defense against the 3. They did a better job of defending the 3 than we did. But their inside defense was ineffective. I also was surprised at how critical Doris Burke was of TN, mostly honest but pretty strong !

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I also was surprised at how critical Doris Burke was of TN, mostly honest but pretty strong !

Scripted by ESPN production...like the half-time piece on Turner in advance of her participation in the game.

ESPN has apparently decided to support Vol Nation and others in denigrating the program's direction in order to to facilitate Holly's ouster.

It is not in the network's interest for UTenn to be permitted to field such an uncompetitive team and for the program to sink into a black hole.

Reaction Score
We can all laugh at UT now, but there is a decent chance our program looks the same when Geno leaves.

Reaction Score
Do you believe Tennessee's fan base blame of Warlick rightfully warrented and are they overreacting by wanting her fired?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Scripted by ESPN production...like the half-time piece on Turner in advance of her participation in the game.

ESPN has apparently decided to support Vol Nation and others in denigrating the program's direction in order to to facilitate Holly's ouster.

It is not in the network's interest for UTenn to be permitted to field such an uncompetitive team and for the program to sink into a black hole.

ESPN has become such a giant force in sports that a recent article was published about its new prez that was entitled "The Fifth Commissioner." It is too vast to be bothered with the LadyVols' deterioration.

As for Doris, her stature and credibility are high enough that she calls 'em as she sees 'em. This game was booked long ago, before Tennessee became merely an internet legend (as they remain in weekly polls).

Reaction Score

I don't buy this conspiracy theory.

I'm a big Doris Burke fan and what I love about her is that she's knowledgable and speaks her mind. No one is whispering in her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom