Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Attendance last night in Greensboro 8,811

Attendance this afternoon in Bridgeport 8,502

huh.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sort of OT, but last night while I was scrolling thru live game options, I stumbled upon the Division II Championship. Watched a little bit of that. Western Washington from Bellingham, WA and the mighty GNAC came up short and was the runner up. Too bad.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Attendance last night in Greensboro 8,811

Attendance this afternoon in Bridgeport 8,502

View attachment 74870
Bridgeport only holds 'up to 9,000' for basketball, and there were zero tickets available from the arena a few days ago - but some on the reseller sites (at premium prices.) Not sure whether the 8,502 was capacity in the set-up for the NCAAs or if there were no shows and the numbers are based on fannies in seats rather than ticket sales.

The ESPN capacity numbers are inaccurate for all sites I think - they use arena general numbers which are always higher for concerts, etc.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Louisville takes care of business and beats Tennessee. Van Lith and Engstler both w/ 20+.

Some pretty poor FT shooting by both teams, but that might've been mostly Key and Engstler.

Reaction Score
if Hailey Van Lith could play the way she plays 4th quarters she'd be talked about national player of the year. Hoping Michigan gets their rematch.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
TN rebounded 51% of their missed shots while Louisville got 33% of theirs. Seems TN is following in the tried (not to say tired) tradition of chuck it and rebound. And an assist/TO of 0.5 - wonder if they will ever get a good PG.

Reaction Score
TN rebounded 51% of their missed shots while Louisville got 33% of theirs. Seems TN is following in the tried (not to say tired) tradition of chuck it and rebound. And an assist/TO of 0.5 - wonder if they will ever get a go

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Kim Barnes Arico wears the #11 T-shirt?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think overall it was a successful season. Had some good wins and made the S16. Too bad the injuries happened. Thanks seniors Burrell, Green, and Dye. Looking forward to next season.

Reaction Score
Well TN strength not on offense.... LVs had a good year.... team needs to work on fundamentals.... TOs a big problems for a decade. for my money, HC most valuable position in WCBB ... after that. it falls to a PG who can secure the basketball KJH will always be a big step up from Holly

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One thing new this season, I assume because of the women being included in the March Madness branding is during breaks in the action they showed the last few minutes of the Texas/OSU and Purdue/St Peters games on the Big Screen. When the game ended, the majority (?) of the crowd stayed around to watch the last part of the Purdue game.. and a round of applause and yells rang out when the clock hit zero. I'm just glad that game didn't go into overtime... I'm just saying :eek::oops::confused::oops::confused:

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Kim Barnes Arico wears the #11 T-shirt?
There was a story about it at one point. It's in memory of her brother, I believe. You can probably Google it to learn more. You don't want my poor recollection.

Reaction Score
Wow, great win by Michigan, great effort by South Dakota. It went down to the last shot.

Figured this was going to be a tight game. Michigan was able to stay in and not lose their composure when SD had their runs. Happy to see Naz getting further than last season with this being her final year. The family support she has is awesome.

South Dakota have nothing to hang their heads over either. They showed great heart, commitment to their gameplan and grit. I really hope they get more recognition next season. They've earned it in my opinion.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
South Dakota opened the season at #17 on my BY Top-25 ballot. After some early losses I couldn't justify continuing to give them a vote, but it was so awesome to see them live up to their potential at the season's end. Does Plebe do postseason rankings?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
South Dakota opened the season at #17 on my BY Top-25 ballot. After some early losses I couldn't justify continuing to give them a vote, but it was so awesome to see them live up to their potential at the season's end. Does Plebe do postseason rankings?
I had South Dakota on my pre-season ballot...and considered them for a slot on my final BY ballot of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They are showing the big Carolina vs st Peter's game on the center screen here at coliseum. Got me in a bad mood 50 minutes before tipoff. :mad:

Hope it's a competitive game... Not gonna say who I'm rooting for.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma go ahead and predict tonight's attendance. 5,800.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom