NCAA Tournament Week 2 of 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament Week 2 of 3

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They are showing the big Carolina vs st Peter's game on the center screen here at coliseum. Got me in a bad mood 50 minutes before tipoff. :mad:

Hope it's a competitive game... Not gonna say who I'm rooting for.
Looks like Armagedon is coming! (Unfortunately - really wanted St Peters.)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like Armagedon is coming! (Unfortunately - really wanted St Peters.)

Guess I'll write my doctor tomorrow to check on the possibility of getting anxiety medication :oops:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If I counted correctly, this is Tara's 14th Final 4. First consecutive appearances since a string of 5 straight ending in 2012. Not bad. If it wasn't for a couple characters named Geno and Pat, that number would be fairly phenomenal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
South Dakota opened the season at #17 on my BY Top-25 ballot. After some early losses I couldn't justify continuing to give them a vote, but it was so awesome to see them live up to their potential at the season's end. Does Plebe do postseason rankings?
In previous seasons I polled voters to see if they wanted to do a postseason ranking, and the majority sentiment was no.

Reaction Score
Apparently the Texas Coaches aren’t too happy with Tara right now :eek:

The first play of the game, or one of the first, Gaston put two hands on Jones twice and was whistled for a foul right away. It almost seemed planned to where Texas was setting the tone of physicality, and the rest of their one hand hand checking wouldn't look as bad in comparison. They do get away with a lot of pushing and then on the other side as much as I love how hard Harmon and Warren play they are floppers. And why are these assistants talking smack on Twitter? Tara clearly responding to a question in a press conference. They have not accomplished one iota or what she has, so have some respect. If its head coach to head coach and Vic said something then whatever. I don't wanna hear from Vic's kid who wouldn't even have that job if it wasn't for her dad.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The comments to her tweet are LOL. Texas got whistled for 24 fouls, Stanford for 22. The Hull sisters are a lot of things, but "soft" is not one of them. Why take the high road when the low road practically unfolds itself before you in the form of 280 characters?

(BTW- Tara uses the football/rugby analogy All. The.Time. She's probably said it 5 or 6 times just this season.)

Reaction Score
I thought there was a fair bit of contact being let go on both sides yesterday. It was going to be a physical game no matter what was said before the game.

At the same time, haven't there been similar comments have been made by other coaches in the Big 12 about their style of play (e.g. Fennelly)? Don't recall seeing her go to Twitter to respond when it's happened.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The comments to her tweet are LOL. Texas got whistled for 24 fouls, Stanford for 22. The Hull sisters are a lot of things, but "soft" is not one of them. Why take the high road when the low road practically unfolds itself before you in the form of 280 characters?

(BTW- Tara uses the football/rugby analogy All. The.Time. She's probably said it 5 or 6 times just this season.)

And Texas was intentionally fouling at the end so is there a chance Stanford had more fouls called than Texas before that?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Apparently the Texas Coaches aren’t too happy with Tara right now :eek:

From a poster on our board, who has some screen capture delights...

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 2.10.15 PM.png

Q.E.D.

Reaction Score
The first play of the game, or one of the first, Gaston put two hands on Jones twice and was whistled for a foul right away. It almost seemed planned to where Texas was setting the tone of physicality, and the rest of their one hand hand checking wouldn't look as bad in comparison. They do get away with a lot of pushing and then on the other side as much as I love how hard Harmon and Warren play they are floppers. And why are these assistants talking smack on Twitter? Tara clearly responding to a question in a press conference. They have not accomplished one iota or what she has, so have some respect. If its head coach to head coach and Vic said something then whatever. I don't wanna hear from Vic's kid who wouldn't even have that job if it wasn't for her dad.
I am a fan of Vic but his teams are always like this going back to his days at MSU. They get away with a lot. This team they do especially between Ebo and Gaston bulldozing defenders posting up and going over the back.

There was flopping on both sides. But that is a issue across basketball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:oops: dag State... I feel for yall :(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm not sure if I can handle watching the State press conference :(:(:(
I'm sure they're as devastated as Notre Dame and Ivey were on Saturday. Sports can be cruel like that
Fall Over Oh No GIF by UEFA

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Insane game for UCONN/NC State. Both teams blew so many opportunities in regulation but fought like heck in OT/double OT. One of the best games of all time. Bueckers is just ridiculous. She maybe has the best pull up midrange jumper I've ever seen, her consistency at nailing the elbow jumper dribbling off a screen is uncanny. It seemed like a lightbulb finally went off and she just took over. Felt awful for Juhasz--she looked like she was in a lot of pain. Losing her depth will make things difficult matching up with Stanford's plethora of bigs. If there is foul trouble, Westbrook being forced to defend Brink or Belibi likely wont go well for UCONN.

NC State battled hard and made some huge plays down the stretch. Missed FTs late cost them dearly as well as an abundance of unforced travels and all of the offensive rebounds they gave up. They also should've been more aggressive going at ONO/Edwards when they were in foul trouble. They did all the leg work to force 4 fouls but should've taken the ball right at them every time down. Incredible shot by Brown-Turner and some really guts play all around. Sad someone had to lose but this was one of the better NCAA games of all time. Reminded me a LOT of the 2006 Georgia/UCONN game. Regional matchup in Bridgeport with a home crowd, back and forth battle with several late lead changes, and the game ending on a crazy off balance 3 by Turner to win the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought this was close.. Guess I wasn't the only one

How was it not 5 seconds? Let's see, my wild guess is that the official who was doing the counting hadn't yet reached the 5 count at the time the ball was in-bounded? Just a guess.

Of all the gripes I've heard, this ranks among the lamest.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How was it not 5 seconds? Let's see, my wild guess is that the official who was doing the counting hadn't yet reached the 5 count at the time the ball was in-bounded? Just a guess.

It was close though

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

The lamest. Haters are left saying the refs counted to 5 too slowly. Okay.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I thought this was close.. Guess I wasn't the only one

Didn't notice it in game, but per several trials of my very unofficial cell phone timing, it was 5.2-5.3 seconds. Not sure how this qualifies as a lame gripe, it's a cut and dry textbook rule of college basketball that you have 5 seconds to get the ball inbounds, and if you aren't able to inbound the ball in under 5 seconds, you lose possession. If the Huskies went over 5 seconds (which it appears they did) and the call was made, NC State would've had the ball back down 2 with 10 seconds to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom