NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A lot of body.
Since when is Iowa a Pac-12 team?

Creighton clearly did something right if you were complaining about the refs. Got that box checked early I see.

Big East wins! Haters lose! Another day starts out well.

Napoleon Dynamite dance 02 gif.gif

Reaction Score
Congrats to Creighton. Strange game, started out at an incredible pace, but somehow turned into a grinder, with 2 high scoring teams. Both teams shot in the mid 30s. Brutal day for Clark, just couldn't find her shot. Even Czinano missed a bunch of shots she's usually money on. And nobody other than the Big 2 stepped up for Iowa today. Offensive rebounding and second chance points were huge for the Blue Jays.
I also saw Creighton miss couple easy layups. Congrats to the Blue Jays for an incredible game under that sold out home court for Iowa.

Reaction Score
Clark seemed really frustrated by how physical Creighton was in the opening quarter, and was complaining a lot about not getting any calls. But I feel like so much of her offense is out of rhythm. I think her greatest asset is her court vision.

Creighton hit a shot every time they needed to, even though both teams missed some easy looks down the stretch. A really entertaining game and great win for the big east.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I also saw Creighton miss couple easy layups. Congrats to the Blue Jays for an incredible game under that sold out home court for Iowa.
Both teams missed a ton of shots, thus the 35% shooting. Creighton hit twice as many 3's, that was also huge.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Clark seemed really frustrated by how physical Creighton was in the opening quarter, and was complaining a lot about not getting any calls. But I feel like so much of her offense is out of rhythm. I think her greatest asset is her court vision.

Creighton hit a shot every time they needed to, even though both teams missed some easy looks down the stretch. A really entertaining game and great win for the big east.
I can definitely see why Muffet really wanted her at Notre Dame. Her skill at shooting is matched only by her penchant for flopping and complaining to refs.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Big East goes to 4-1 with 3 upset wins against Big10 champ, Pac12 fifth place, and the WCC self proclaimed top10 team.

Excluding 8/9 games, upsets are now:
SEC and Pac 2 each
ACC, Big10 and WCC 1 each

8/9 upsets add another for each the Pac and Big10

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Credit for the Blue Jays for winning a game in such an hostile environment, but man I was hoping to see flagship vs land grant next week. I feel bad for all of the hotels and restaurants here in Greensboro, just lost a ton of money. Instead of Iowa fans coming to town... 13 Creighton fans are coming instead. :(

I get the feeling that Georgia is gonna get the victory tonight.... can't wait for that Blue Jay vs Bulldog battle next friday night.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
13 Creighton fans are coming instead.
There were enough Creighton fans there to make their presence known today. Overwhelmingly outnumbered, but some definitely traveled.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was the most nervous I've felt for a early round game WBB not involving Duke in my life. :confused:

There were enough Creighton fans there to make their presence known today. Overwhelmingly outnumbered, but some definitely traveled.

Yeah, but Iowa fans run deep.. I was pleasantly surprised on how much yellow and black I saw back in 2019.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That was the most nervous I've felt for a early round game WBB not involving Duke in my life. :confused:
So sorry Creighton didn't cooperate with your wants and desires.

Sometimes there's just a taste of justice in the world, and it tastes very sweet.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So sorry Creighton didn't cooperate with your wants and desires.

Sometimes there's just a taste of justice in the world, and it tastes very sweet.

View attachment 74672

I had a feeling either Iowa or ISU wouldn't hold up their part of the deal... that matchup was too good to be true. :oops: Now I would be really disappointed if its a Arizona-Miami-UGA-Creighton lineup next friday. 450 people inside of the Coliseum :confused:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did I say before the Tourney started that results of conference tourneys don't matter? SEC Champ out in 1st Round and Big 10 Champ out in 2nd Round. Conference tourney results DON'T MATTER.

edit--w/ the caveat, it matters for 1 bid leagues, or bubble teams who play their way in or out

Plebe

Reaction Score
The two games in the books so far today couldn't have gone better.

Creighton delivers yet another smackdown to the arrogance of the p5 fawners. And a short time earlier, my Houston Cougars sent home another Big Ten team.

If only their dirty millions could buy them wins in March.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The South Carolina-Miami game is taking me back to the 1990s.
I have zero interest in watching. Looking at the box score, Miami shooting 17.6% and South Carolina shooting 26.1%. Gross! Nobody should win this game.

edit--Boston is 3-14 from the floor...and 0-4 from the FT line

Reaction Score
I have zero interest in watching. Looking at the box score, Miami shooting 17.6% and South Carolina shooting 26.1%. Gross! Nobody should win this game.

edit--Boston is 3-14 from the floor...and 0-4 from the FT line
At first I enjoyed watching how poorly SC was playing but now it’s just depressing. Horrible, horrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom