NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA Softball Tournament

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plain is terrific but that offense.... as an LSU fan I feel their pain to watch good pitching go to waste at times. LSU has been hot this weekend but I know how rough that can be.
:oops: They have some good hitters, they just haven't been producing lately. Really bad time for a team wide hitting funk.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Michigan showed they are legit. Will be interesting to see if they go with Beaubien or Storako in the first game tomorrow.

In other news, Tennessee joined ASU as the only other seeded team to be eliminated so far. #13 Duke is doing their best to avoid that fate in a scoreless battle against Western Kentucky heading into the top of the 12th (!!!!) inning.

UCLA and Oklahoma both survived scares today... It would have been incredible to see one of the top seeds drop a game and have to fight back their way back through the loser's bracket.

Reaction Score
Never tire of seeing Vols lose.
2nd seeded team to exit early. :)
Liberty is a pretty good team IMO from watching them this year. Pretty embarrassing though for a host team to not even make the regional finals. They don't have a reliable pitcher behind Rogers and their hitting is too suspect at times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Random question, do any of y'all enjoy or follow gymnastics?
I only watch a little here and there. Definitely entertaining. I'm continually amazed at what they can do on the various apparatus.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke pulls it out 4-0 in 12 innings.... all the runs were unearned.... but ... survive and advance

duke-devil.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the Tennis Final 4..... Pepperdine upset #1 and previously undefeated UNC yesterday.. and #2 Texas beat #6 NC State to advance to the finals. UNC facing west coast teams hasn't turned out well in this years. UNC beat Duke in the quarterfinals... amazing that one neighborhood had 3 teams in the final 8 of the tournament.

Reaction Score
I only watch a little here and there. Definitely entertaining. I'm continually amazed at what they can do on the various apparatus.
Family member of mine was an elite gymnast/US national team member and so I have been extremely close to the sport over the years and have enjoyed LSU being pretty strong in it. Its pretty exciting to watch IMO. Amazing what those athletes can do. If I was younger again, I'd love to try it :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In the Tennis Final 4..... Pepperdine upset #1 and previously undefeated UNC yesterday.. and #2 Texas beat #6 NC State to advance to the finals. UNC facing west coast teams hasn't turned out well in this years. UNC beat Duke in the quarterfinals... amazing that one neighborhood had 3 teams in the final 8 of the tournament.
Can the WCC add another Championship? Maybe they're gaining on the Conference of Champions.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford-South Dakota is in the 9th. Several extra inning games today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford prevails in 10. Kudos to them winning a pair of elimination games today and getting to the final of the Regional.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon also won 2 today and will finally get their shot at Texas tomorrow.

My Huskies finally found some offense. 5 run 3rd inning, up 6-0 over Seattle U.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dawgs get an 8-0 5 inning run rule win. No hitter, and it wasn't even Plain on the mound. Pat Moore w/ the honor. Had a perfect game til a 1 out walk in the 5th.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Michigan showed they are legit. Will be interesting to see if they go with Beaubien or Storako in the first game tomorrow.

In other news, Tennessee joined ASU as the only other seeded team to be eliminated so far. #13 Duke is doing their best to avoid that fate in a scoreless battle against Western Kentucky heading into the top of the 12th (!!!!) inning.

UCLA and Oklahoma both survived scares today... It would have been incredible to see one of the top seeds drop a game and have to fight back their way back through the loser's bracket.
I feel so bad for Duke having to go on the road. Frankly, I don't see the point of giving them a seed if they weren't hosting, but it really sucks that they have a seed and are on the road. Move everyone up and give Oregon the seed they should have had instead of making them play 2 Texas-based teams in Texas.

Have my fingers crossed for Oregon tomorrow. Would love to see them throw this back in the committee's face by taking out Texas.

Really nice showing by UW tonight.

Will be at the Arizona-Ole Miss game(s) tomorrow. Can't wait! The Arizona offense really woke up today.

As for ASU, if a Pac-12 team had to look foolish, at least it was the right one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Georgia-Duke is a crazy back and forth affair. 10-9 UGa thru 6 innings. Both teams have had a lead several times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Georgia won and advanced. Shameful that a team that wasn't even seeded got to host. Michigan or several other teams should've had that opportunity. If Duke couldn't host, take their seed away. Just dumb.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida, Georgia, Virginia Tech and James Madison have advanced to the Super Regionals.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Wichita State was ahead of Oklahoma 4-0 in the first inning but OU used Olivia Rains and Alanna Thiede, not really their best pitchers. Now Oklahoma comes out bombing for an 8 run inning. Wichita State are the clearest examples of Haymakers. Wichita St Haymakers should be their new name.

Elsewhere, in Lexington..... Kentucky has completely flipped the switch after getting thumped in Game 1 against Notre Dame. They get a rematch with Alabama. Would be Game 5, 6, and 7 against them this year.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kudos to Kentucky for coming back after losing early and taking their Regional.

I see Louisiana won and forced a deciding winner take all game w/ LSU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oklahoma starting to really put a hurtin' on Wichita St. 3 run homer just now made it 11-4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I tuned in just in time to see Stanford boot what should have been a double play and get no outs, as a run came in to score to put Arkansas ahead. Couldn't change the channel fast enough after that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sooners can really mash the ball. Another long ball. 14-5 now in the 4th inning.

Will be interesting to see what happens when they start facing the elite pitchers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom