NCAA released its report on Louisville | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA released its report on Louisville

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So here's the question is this worse that Syracuse's decade long triple scandal of drugs, paying players and falsifying transcripts? I'd actually say, salacious though it is, probably not.

In any event, if I am UNC, I'm feeling a little worried right about now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still, think UNC will only get a slap on the wrist. If I was ECU and others in North Carolina I would be worried about something coming down the line.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So here's the question is this worse that Syracuse's decade long triple scandal of drugs, paying players and falsifying transcripts? I'd actually say, salacious though it is, probably not.

In any event, if I am UNC, I'm feeling a little worried right about now.

To me, the Cuse's actions were worse than L'ville but L'ville seems to be paying a steeper price - especially if they have to vacate the title.
As far as UNC - don't hold your breath - I see nothing coming - it will be stalled until 2050
Yet JC was banned for 3 games for failure to monitor 1 thing - texts and Pitino gets only 5 for failures much worse - I don't get it but its the NCAA so there's nothing to "get"

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We all know they were National Champions, but maybe they won't be able to hang the banner in the rafters?

Reaction Score
I'm not clear on the age of consent laws in Kentucky, but it would appear UL arranged for, paid for, and allowed the statutory rape of numerous minors. If the consent laws in the state bear that out, that's an enormous offense.
I think it's 3. As soon as they can talk in full sentences.

Reaction Score
Also, how are Jurich and Pitino still employed? Serious question.
Pitino is employed because Jurich is an even bigger scumbag. And Jurich is employed because the people Louisville have no morals.

Guess one could say there is not enough outrage outside of Louisville. From a thread on the Louisville Foundation Audit Findings thread in the CR Forum:

KelTheTweeter‏ @bluekel Jun 9
The number of scandals under the Jurich reign (intentional word choice) is staggering. Yet he gets a free pass on it all.

Reaction Score
To me, the Cuse's actions were worse than L'ville but L'ville seems to be paying a steeper price - especially if they have to vacate the title.
Do you know exactly what Syracuse's violations were??

Reaction Score
This is unbelievable, they shouldn't have a program anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Yup... Appeal away for the "penalties" being too egregious:

>>By his own admission, the head coach and his assistants did not interact with prospects from 10 p.m. until the next morning. The panel noted that the head coach essentially placed a peer of the student-athletes in a position of authority over them and visiting prospects, and assumed that all would behave appropriately in an environment that was, for all practical purposes, a basketball dorm.

This arrangement played a role in creating a location where the former operations director’s activities went undetected. The operations director arranged adult entertainment and/or sex acts for 15 prospects, three enrolled student-athletes, a friend visiting with one of the prospects and two nonscholastic coaches. At least seven, and perhaps as many as 10, of the 15 prospects were under the age of 18 at the time. None of the prospects visiting campus knew that the activities would occur and none of them expected the activities to occur on their visits. Some of them expressed surprise and discomfort at what transpired. The panel noted it has not previously encountered a case like this, and that the violations were severe and were intended to provide a substantial recruiting advantage for the university.<<

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
All I care about is do they lose players and can those players transfer and be immediately eligible. Like I said when UL first got in this mess, had they gone to a legitimate Pimp ( professional, certified prostitute manager ) this would've never happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom