NC State Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I can’t manage my own stress watching close games. These are my strategies in the order they are applied (Watching on iPad). More stress=more of the list.
  • Watch game but turn sound off
  • Watch the periphery of the game (no sound) but use random apps on my phone held in front of the screen. Quick glances to scoreboard.
  • Dim screen, with above strategy.
  • Reduce game to picture-in-picture and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close game and find distracting app on iPad.
  • Close iPad and crochet or cook or something non-UConn related.
  • Open ESPN app to check on score when I’m sure the game is over. (2OT??? Are you kidding me?)
  • Leave the room iPad is in. Pretend to wash dirty dishes.
  • Check ESPN again. Sign in relief.
Anyone else have other strategies to add to my list?
I watched the Spanish language version live on ESPN3. I have forgotten most of my decades ago high school Spanish.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
The crowd was amazing tonight. Even watching on television you could feel the atmosphere with each UConn bucket at the end of the game.
It was ok until ncs went ahead, the place came alive. It was maybe the best game I've seen live. I don't think we sat down either OT and the place was LOUD. Then it was a home game for us.

Props to the team, felt so bad for Dorka.

Paige is B A C K!!!

Reaction Score
I think the cobwebs have officially been knocked out of Paige's head. I hope the trainers can get her body ready by Friday with what's now working between her ears.

I know this is wishful fantasy but it would be awesome if they can just put a careful cast on Dorka and she could still play and just not take 3s...

Reaction Score
The real unfair advantage is Paige B and her midrange game. Too good. Btw, Greensboro is the same distance from South Carolina’s campus as Bridgeport is from Storrs … not the same IMO.

I live down in Raleigh and the local media has been complaining about this all week, however not once did I hear them talking about the advantage UNC had playing South Carolina in Greensboro this past weekend. Nor have I ever them talk about the advantages UNC, Duke or State get when tournament games for the men or women end up in Raleigh, Greensboro or Charlotte.

Reaction Score
a lot to digest, first I hope Dorka has a successful surgery that was tough to watch, was happy she cameback to enjoy the moment at the end.

I don't understand why Muhl was used so little, she came in in the 1st half and a 9-0 run was sparked, she came in again in the 4th and another spark run happened. I would much rather have her play than Westbrook who can't buy a wide open 3 in the ocean right now.

I also don't get up 3 why coaches never tell their players to foul, that 5 min of 2nd OT was totally unnecessary and might have cause and effect in the game vs a Stanford team who will have one extra day of rest and Uconn one day less of rest and 10 extra minutes of basketball.

The ft's I have no idea what you can say anymore, 1-10 at a point that is going to be costly I feel down vs a more talented team.

Either way this is one of the greatest games I've seen in any sport.

Reaction Score
Cunane kept asking the ref (our friend Benny Luna) for a foul and he finally accommodated her. However, the refs were good overall and I have no complaints
Wasn't it odd that the NCAA sent West Coast ref Benny Luna back for another UCONN game after he just officiated the UCF game? Especially since he seemed overwhelmed that night. I thought the two females refs did an admirable job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom