NC State Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
She's Back!!! I really believe that Paige needed a game like this to get her confidence and competitive spirit back. She put this team on her back in the OTs...scored 15 of her 27 in the extra periods. Fudd with a quiet 19 points... 4 players in double figures. I have to admit I was one of those people who said after regulation that if Olivia had hit one of those foul shots we would be driving home...however, that was unfair...there were a lot of missed shots, missed foul shots, missed opportunities to put it all on Ododa is just not fair...my bad! I will say this about Ododa...she didn't foul out and she had a handful in the paint with number 33 Alyssa Cunane.

I had a couple of ardent NC State fans behind me...they were cheering hard...they knew all the players...I couldn't help buy sympathize with them...it could have been just as easily UConn that was going to Disney instead of MN. The crowd was fantastic the NC State fans were great...no jerks...just hard core fans. And, N. Carolina State was a damn good team...they just wouldn't quit...that last half court shot went off the back board and hit the front rim...they fought to the bitter end and it was a tough loss for them...it was a tough win for us...it cost us Dorka...someone we really could have used in the final four. I guess when it comes to this year...if it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck at all. Well, none of that matters these girls got a big win, they deserve to celebrate...it has been a tough year.

This was the best women's game I have been to in a long time...boy I miss those blow-outs...at least I would be able to keep my heart in my chest.

Our road to a championship is extremely difficult...three number ones...Stamford and if we get by them then South Carolina...Wow! That is all I can say is Wow!

Reaction Score
The people who are complaining about our home advantage are the same one's who were predicting we were barely going to make the sweet 16 during our struggles. All of a sudden uconn has all the advantages. The problem is that our winning are making them look bad and they're trying to make uconn look like the bad guys because of it.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Eh, she pulled at the offensive player's midsection. It was a weak call but she didn't have to do that.

That said, I didn't rewatch it, but I thought there was a worse foul on Paige away from the basket right before she drove and threw up that floater that rimmed out.
Correct on both points IMO.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She's Back!!! I really believe that Paige needed a game like this to get her confidence and competitive spirit back. She put this team on her back in the OTs...scored 15 of her 27 in the extra periods. Fudd with a quiet 19 points... 4 players in double figures. I have to admit I was one of those people who said after regulation that if Olivia had hit one of those foul shots we would be driving home...however, that was unfair...there were a lot of missed shots, missed foul shots, missed opportunities to put it all on Ododa is just not fair...my bad! I will say this about Ododa...she didn't foul out and she had a handful in the paint with number 33 Alyssa Cunane.

I had a couple of ardent NC State fans behind me...they were cheering hard...they knew all the players...I couldn't help buy sympathize with them...it could have been just as easily UConn that was going to Disney instead of MN. The crowd was fantastic the NC State fans were great...no jerks...just hard core fans. And, N. Carolina State was a damn good team...they just wouldn't quit...that last half court shot went off the back board and hit the front rim...they fought to the bitter end and it was a tough loss for them...it was a tough win for us...it cost us Dorka...someone we really could have used in the final four. I guess when it comes to this year...if it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck at all. Well, none of that matters these girls got a big win, they deserve to celebrate...it has been a tough year.

This was the best women's game I have been to in a long time...boy I miss those blow-outs...at least I would be able to keep my heart in my chest.

Our road to a championship is extremely difficult...three number ones...Stamford and if we get by them then South Carolina...Wow! That is all I can say is Wow!
Jeff found a way to beat Griner. Mebbe he will find a way to beat Boston. IF he holds on and beats Michigan.

Reaction Score
Basketball players leaving it all on the court.

Very little, if anything, in terms of dirty play.

And the poor coaches living and dying on every possession, along with the fans of both teams.

Basketball at its best. And while some NC State fans will be bitter about it (there's always bitterness when you lose, as we all know), their team was part of an all time women's tournament classic. True, the refs were less than one could hope for, but nothing is perfect.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back from the game with many thoughts:
  • Did anyone ever doubt that the Huskies would make it to their 14th straight FF….:cool:
  • There were so many times when UConn could have let this one get away, but all the adversity the team faced this season paid huge dividends tonight, as the Huskies never stopped fighting.
  • We have all been waiting to see the Paige & Azzi show. Tonight, from the 4th qtr through both OT’s, we finally got to see the incredible level of play this remarkable duo is capable of.
  • NC State is a really talented team. They have multiple players at the forward/wing spot who can all shoot it, attack the basket and play defense.
  • I’ve never watched a game at Storrs. But this was the loudest most intense crowd I have ever been a part of for any sport at any venue, ever!!!
  • The loss of Dorka, who was really making her presence felt tonight, will be difficult to replace against the teams UConn will face in MN. But this team has played down key players before, so what’s one more obstacle to overcome.
  • Christyn, Liv, Aaliyah, Evina, Nika all came up BIG tonight, making critical plays throughout the game.
  • Minnesota’s “favorite daughter” returns home next week. As I said in another thread, I expect half the fans to be UConn fans and the other half to be Paige Bueckers fans. ;)
  • Lastly, a shout out to DefenseBB who I met at tonight’s game. Like a lot of BY’ers I’ve come to know on this forum, meeting him in person for the first time felt like a reunion with an old friend.

Reaction Score
What Paige just did there in a double overtime situation is so freaking hard. I hope we all fully appreciate what we are witnessing. Look at the challenges she has faced and yet she rose to the occasion in an incredible way. So happy for such a great kid.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else love seeing Geno and Wes Moore hugging it out after the game? Mutual respect and admiration between 2 coaches after an epic battle. It warmed my heart!
Just watched Wes on the post game presser
Was asked about losing 4 starters.
Replied in his southern drawl-
“ yeah, I’m about to get a lot stupider real fast”.
Nice guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom