NC State Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I loved CD talking Geno off the ledge after that tying three in 1OT. You could clearly see her mouth "It's okay!" And my favorite part of the game is when Geno was calling the play with 0.8 seconds left in OT and he poked Paige in the eye or damn near it. She gave a funny look like what the heck dude.

Reaction Score
I recorded and started watching at like 9:30 but I kept fast forwarding through it because I couldn't bear to watch. Then I just skipped to the end, only to find... the game was still going on (end of first OT). And I couldn't fast forward anymore!

I just had to apologize to my boyfriend; he came downstairs for a snack with 30 seconds left in 2OT and I was like "No, you are bad luck, go upstairs now" and then he said okay just let me get my snack, and NC state scored and I was like "look what you did!" But he was upstairs when they won so I'm pretty sure I was spot on about the luck factor.
You and I were both spot on. I used to scream at my wife she that was bad luck whenever she walked in during a UConn
game. We got divorced in the beginning of 2000. The rest is history - 10 national championships.

Reaction Score
Yeah, she was trying to get the “unfair to play in Bridgeport” discussion going in the studio, but the other two weren’t buying in.
I live down in Raleigh and the local media has been complaining about this all week, however not once did I hear them talking about the advantage UNC had playing South Carolina in Greensboro this past weekend. Nor have I ever them talk about the advantages UNC, Duke or State get when tournament games for the men or women end up in Raleigh, Greensboro or Charlotte.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did anyone else love seeing Geno and Wes Moore hugging it out after the game? Mutual respect and admiration between 2 coaches after an epic battle. It warmed my heart!
Yeah, the way Wes is coughing in the post game presser I kind of wish they hadn’t…

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'll catch up with all these posts eventually but here are my impressions at this point.
  1. What a great prime time advert for our game. This is what the sport needs. Just incredible.
  2. As the sting fades, I hope NC State's players can be proud of this classic performance. They were magnificent.
  3. Paige demonstrated under the brightest lights the sport that she is the best player in the country.
  4. Liv deserves a lot of credit for making it to the end without fouling out. We needed her in the game and she was there for us.
  5. Christyn played like a senior. Great job so happy for her and the other seniors.
  6. For all the joy of the victory, I feel absolutely gutted for Dorka. She had a poor outing versus IU. It was embarrassing for her I'm sure. But she bounces back and was playing very well when that sickening injury happened. I hope she can enjoy the rest of the run and is able to help lead us back next year to our 15th consecutive FF.

Reaction Score
I recorded and started watching at like 9:30 but I kept fast forwarding through it because I couldn't bear to watch. Then I just skipped to the end, only to find... the game was still going on (end of first OT). And I couldn't fast forward anymore!

I just had to apologize to my boyfriend; he came downstairs for a snack with 30 seconds left in 2OT and I was like "No, you are bad luck, go upstairs now" and then he said okay just let me get my snack, and NC state scored and I was like "look what you did!" But he was upstairs when they won so I'm pretty sure I was spot on about the luck factor.
Thanks for making me laugh. You are funny.

Reaction Score
This win is Paige's gift to the faithful. No doubt Azzi and ONO and CW and AE were crucial in pulling this game out but Paige was the one who put the team on her back in the OTs.

Everyone seems to agree the game was wonderful to watch, at least for those who kept their nerve and stay tuned to the action. I recorded the game and came into about a half hour after tip off and am so glad I added an hour to the record time. All in all one of the very best UConn games I've watched and I've watched a boatload.

Winning the game not only got us into the Final Four but also avoided, at least for now, an endless off season of hearing about how poor foul shooting did us in.

Reaction Score
So proud of this team!! Great game!! First off, wishing all the best to Dorka and hoping for a speedy and safe recovery. Wow. This was a legit back & forth game. Hats off to NC State. They played an unbelievable game. They were definitely worthy of that #1 Seed.

These UConn ladies!! Wow! Just so proud of them!! Great job by the coaching staff with the key adjustments throughout the game. I can't sleep! I am so geeked up from the game. Way to go, UConn!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom