NC State Post Game Thread

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
DId anyone else jump out of their seats, like I did ,with that Aaliyah
Edwards put back...... WOW!
Kudos to Christyn WIlliams for " moving without the ball
on that last inbounds play and pass from AZZI! Think of
it inbounds from Paige , to AZZI , to Christyn! a great trio.
Fantastic! And that pass was to Azzi, to Evina, to Christyn. Great pass by Evina, too.

Reaction Score
One of the best games I’ve ever watched. Paige is back just in time. I live in France, and it’s 4 a.m. Don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep. Bonne nuit, my fellow UConn fanatics.
where in France? I'm hoping to get there in May... I love France

Reaction Score
Probably the most exciting win, I have ever seen. What fun!
I just want to make one point. This was NOT a home game for us as the national media has made it out to be. Our players have never played in this arena before, it is as new to them as it was for everyone else.
80 miles from Storrs, means they took a bus instead of a flight. Big deal, flying to Greensboro might have taken the same time. (or not much more)
They stayed in hotel, same as any other regional
Boston, Providence, Springfield, would they have gotten the same "Home" commentary?
UCONN fans would have filled the arena no matter where in the Northeast they played.
Just more anti-Uconn garbage that we have to put up with.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was screaming at the TV and my 16 year old Chihuahua was looking at me like what's your problem. She is partially blind and deaf but I could tell she wasn't happy with me waking her up all the time. My wife was in the den watching TV with the door closed.

Reaction Score
We are really going to miss Dorka at Final Four. Geno is going to regret that he didn't develop Amari more.
More likely Amari is regretting she didn't develop herself more.

Playing basketball at this level is hard. Playing UConn basketball must seem impossible. I've heard she works very hard, and the physical assets and skills are certainly there. It would be great, if her academic demands allow it, that she gets to play some final four minutes and give herself something to build on. Hell, it may be we could just use a body in there for a few plays here and there to give somebody a moment to breathe, I'd love to see Amari have an opportunity to rise to the occasion, but Geno is Geno on the issue of trust.

Reaction Score
This was one for the ages. And the game was played on the eve of my 80th birthday. I can't imagine a better birthday present. Thank you, Huskies.

I wish someone would do a composite stat sheet of Paige in OT games at UConn. That would include the Tennessee game last year, where she scored all of UConn's points.

Paige and Azzi absolutely have ice water in their veins, hitting all those FTs down the stretch.

BUT QUICK, NOW, WITHOUT PEEKING: Who scored UConn's last 5 points tonight?

Reaction Score
Yes, and Evina knew the game was over as soon as she found Christyn wide open. Even if Christyn decided not to shoot a layup, NC State wasn't fouling her before the clock ran out.

Reaction Score
It is now confirmed: UCONN must defeat THREE #1 seeds to win the Championship.
They took care of the first tonight.
The second will be Stanford on Friday night.
If victorious, the Huskies play the winner of South Carolina & Louisville for the Championship.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One of the biggest plays of the night, among many, was the 3-point shot Paige made to start the 2nd OT. After NCST made that 3 to tie the game at the end of the first OT many teams would have folded. Paige said no way. She made a 3 and then a 2-point shot (after NCST scored).

Reaction Score
This was one for the ages. And the game was played on the eve of my 80th birthday. I can't imagine a better birthday present. Thank you, Huskies.

I wish someone would do a composite stat sheet of Paige in OT games at UConn. That would include the Tennessee game last year, where she scored all of UConn's points.

Paige and Azzi absolutely have ice water in their veins, hitting all those FTs down the stretch.

BUT QUICK, NOW, WITHOUT PEEKING: Who scored UConn's last 5 points tonight?
Happy 80th Birthday OldSchooler! Sending you greetings not only on your special day, but also for the year! May your year be filled with lots of happiness and laughter, as well as excellent health!!

Happy Birthday GIF by Kochstrasse™

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom