NBA Summer League | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
Hawkins missed 5 ft's in a row, that won't happen again in his career. He looks like he may have a knee bruise.
Came out for just a few minutes but is back in already. I feel like they should err on the side of caution, even if it looked like he just bumped it with someone

Especially since it looks like the TWolves just put the game away

Reaction Score
Hawkins' game just ended. Finished with 16 points on 40% (6-15 FG). 3-10 on threes including some very makeable looks, and 1-6 on FTs. So based on his play it feels like this should be a 20+ point game instead of 16. Percentages aren't anything impressive but I'd say that was a great first game from him

It was close most of the game but the Wolves blew it open in the last 5 or so minutes. Final score 102-88

Reaction Score
Jackson with the gorgeous fullcourt outlet pass to Beauchamp for a basket. Sanogo/Bulls are tipping off now

Reaction Score
Bulls guards just jacking and Nowell is spraying dimes all over like its KState

Reaction Score
Andre down the stretch in the last 3 minutes:
  1. Chasedown block to prevent an open layup
  2. Another chasedown block to prevent an open fast break dunk
  3. Assist to Chris Livingston for a 3
  4. Assist to Marjon Beauchamp for a 3
Very Andre-esque game. 9 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2-8 FG. Did have 4 TO and 7 fouls. Made some boneheaded plays, but made an equal amount of winning plays. Also a lot of times when he was on the bench, he was standing up cheering on his teammates and calling out their defensive assignments

I love this guy.

Reaction Score
Am I reading this box score correct that Andre had 8 fouls? Do they not max out at 6 in summer league?

Reaction Score
Sanogo really struggling offensively in the first half. Shooting 1-5, including one pretty open bunny right in front of the hoop. Doing pretty good everywhere else imo, looks comfortable orchestrating offense with the ball from the high post

Reaction Score
Sanogo really struggling offensively in the first half. Shooting 1-5, including one pretty open bunny right in front of the hoop. Doing pretty good everywhere else imo, looks comfortable orchestrating offense with the ball from the high post
2-8 so far from a low post player is not good. He will get better the next few games but rough start.

Reaction Score
AS has to stop telegraphing passes. Pretty active on D. Looks gassed. He’ll be ok once he gets his legs
Sat the whole 4th basically like the coach forgot him. Also played the least amount of minutes of any starter.

Reaction Score
2-8 so far from a low post player is not good. He will get better the next few games but rough start.
Unfortunately looked a little overwhelmed by the size, and he was in a role where shots have to go up quickly (P&R roll man). Didn’t get the opportunity to take the ball iso in the post like he’s used to, and that probably won’t change

Agree he’s gonna get better. He has to make his shots at the rim first and foremost

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
From what I saw. Hawkins will be a player fast. We have seen him have some similar games but when he hits his first few that will open up his ability to get to the basket like he did on an and one play. The free throw stuff was interesting. Think he was thinking about the knee. He went back in and looked ok so if he is healthy he will get some minutes this year. Andre was Andre for me he is better bringing the ball up the court if they put him on the baseline he will need to improve his shot to find a real role. He is a great passer and his defense was ok today. He will have to adjust to the speed of some of the wings. The smaller guards seemed to be able to get past him today. I would give him a B- for the first game. I am worried about Sanogo he seemed a bit out of place to me. He has to learn not to hesitate taking the three when he is wide open. He did make space down low on one play against their center who had to be 7ft. But you could see covering the stretch fours was a challenge. I think like the experts predicted he will have the biggest mountain to climb….but he is Sanogo so he will figure it out a find a way to make a good living playing the game. I thought he and Jordan looked a bit thicker than what they were at the end of the year. That’s good for Jordan as he will be able to get his shot off. He made a big time contested three and he was able to create space of the dribble so I am not worried about his weight. But Sanogo did seem to have put in a few pounds and he needs to get quicker not bigger. On one play on an ally oop who was unable to elevate enough 9f the run to catch and make the basket. He was making that play in the tourney to me that was related to the few extra pounds he might be carrying right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Man Bouknight is struggling.
Really struggling. 2 great moves to get the hoop for 2 layups but just whiffed them both. Bricked a few threes as well. I think his confidence is rock bottom. Bad body language as well.

It’s just the first game of the Vegas summer league so there’s plenty of time to turn it around, but man he’s gotta get it started really soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom