OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 31 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Doc Rivers out as Clippers coach. Tough break but hard to ignore he was incapable of getting his team to focus on the games down the stretch

Reaction Score
I didn't watch a ton of Kentucky basketball when he was there but I never would have guessed that Adebayo would ever be this kind of player, let alone right out of the gate.
I saw this in an article about him from 2.5 years ago.

“Bam didn’t have gaudy numbers, as far as scoring,” said Chet Kammerer, the Heat’s vice president of player personnel who leads the organization’s NBA draft scouting team. “But he was on a very talented team and the one thing that was true about him, he will do what you ask him to do. They wanted him to be the inside presence. He didn’t get a lot of touches. His job was defend, rebound, set screens for those guys and they were supposed to be the scorers.

“He was kind of the blue collar, he was the guy that was supposed to do a lot of the dirty work. And he did it. He wasn’t pouting if he only got a few touches. If you would watch him in college, there were a lot of times he was open and he didn’t get the ball much. So his numbers were not off the charts. But you had to realize, that’s what they wanted out of him.”

When Adebayo went through a pre-draft workout at AmericanAirlines Arena, the Heat realized he was better than his stats.

Reaction Score
This is so incredibly stupid. Jordan's 14 and 15th season was coming off his second retirement where he hadn't played in the league for 3 years and was about to turn 39. He was an MVP candidate for the Wizards at the all-star break before he got injured and they had a monumental turnaround.

Jordan got bored with basketball and being the most famous person in the world. If it wasn't for his dad getting murdered and him getting bored/having Reinsdorf and Krause break up the Bulls you're looking at 10 championships for MJ.

If you're talking about this season for Lebron he's playing with another top 5 player in the NBA, no other current star in the league comes close to having that luxury.

The real goats don’t retire multiple times because they are tired or too afraid to play on a rebuilding team. Sorry! Also, MJ was a system guard. Bulls were a 50+ win team without him. Kobe replicated the success with Phil in LA. MJ was basically Harden without Phil Jackson and the triangle.

Reaction Score
The real goats don’t retire multiple times because they are tired or too afraid to play on a rebuilding team. Sorry! Also, MJ was a system guard. Bulls were a 50+ win team without him. Kobe replicated the success with Phil in LA. MJ was basically Harden without Phil Jackson and the triangle.
If by “MJ was a system guard” you mean “MJ was the system,” then I agree.

It’s actually possible to make a compelling argument that LBJ is the best of all time, but it requires facts.

Reaction Score
This is so incredibly stupid. Jordan's 14 and 15th season was coming off his second retirement where he hadn't played in the league for 3 years and was about to turn 39. He was an MVP candidate for the Wizards at the all-star break before he got injured and they had a monumental turnaround.

Jordan got bored with basketball and being the most famous person in the world. If it wasn't for his dad getting murdered and him getting bored/having Reinsdorf and Krause break up the Bulls you're looking at 10 championships for MJ.

If you're talking about this season for Lebron he's playing with another top 5 player in the NBA, no other current star in the league comes close to having that luxury.
Houston has two recent MVPs and Clippers have two guys who have recently finished top 5 in voting. And of all the above, of one guy is 35 years old in his 17th year.

Reaction Score

It’s actually possible to make a compelling argument that LBJ is the best of all time, but it requires facts.
It’s only a longevity argument right now and it’s not sufficient

He needs to get at least 5 for the debate to get serious

Reaction Score
I do. Still think they can win the series. They have the better team, but damn if Herro hasn’t changed the series completely. Plus Bam shows that Williams needs to play more. Let’s see if Stevens adjusts.

If Langford can’t become a SG who can play even a few minutes they need to get a shooter.
It is amazing how close the Celtics were from getting Hero, the Heat coughed up a game late last year to tie for the pick then won the coin flip. But the Celtics win the series if they'd taken Brandon Clarke as I was begging them to do instead of Romeo.

I see the future as very good for the Celtics, if they can find a quality big man they may even be East favorites going into the season come XMas day. Heat were the better team in this series, but I think this run is a one-hit wonder*. Yet I hope it goes all the way to #1.

*Iggy and Dragic reaching DEEP for one last hurrah, not sustainable esp with quick re-start.

Reaction Score

He wasn't the system, Phil was the system and he was successful with and without MJ. You can look up those facts just google 1994 Bulls, 2000 Lakers, 2001 Lakers, 2002 Lakers, 2003 Lakers, 2004 Lakers, 2008 Lakers, 2009 Lakers, 2010 Lakers, 2011 Lakers.

Also google 2002 and 2003 Wizards if you want to see what MJ was like without Phil.

In addition, Lebron has been dominating the NBA since Rudy Gay was at UConn. Lebron never retired, Lebron never had a down season, every team Lebron plays on gets instantly better, every team Lebron leaves gets instantly worse, and he's still in his prime in year 17. MJ was was retired for the third time after his 15th season and again MJs last two seasons were pathetic.

The GOAT doesn't have or need excuses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He wasn't the system, Phil was the system and he was successful with and without MJ. You can look up those facts just google 1994 Bulls, 2000 Lakers, 2001 Lakers, 2002 Lakers, 2003 Lakers, 2004 Lakers, 2008 Lakers, 2009 Lakers, 2010 Lakers, 2011 Lakers.

Also google 2002 and 2003 Wizards if you want to see what MJ was like without Phil.

In addition, Lebron has been dominating the NBA since Rudy Gay was at UConn. Lebron never retired, Lebron never had a down season, every team Lebron plays on gets instantly better, every team Lebron leaves gets instantly worse, and he's still in his prime in year 17. MJ was was retired for the third time after his 15th season and again MJs last two seasons were pathetic.

The GOAT doesn't have or need excuses.
Jordan was 38 and 39 in 2002 and 2003. Trying to use those seasons to support your argument is like trying to draw conclusions about Tom Brady based on one season in Tampa at age 43 (which lots of people will certainly do).

Reaction Score
Jordan was 38 and 39 in 2002 and 2003. Trying to use those seasons to support your argument is like trying to draw conclusions about Tom Brady based on one season in Tampa at age 43 (which lots of people will certainly do).

Excuses excuses excuses.

Reaction Score
Now did Lebron have 6 championships in his 17th season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Enes Kanter. The Celtics have one center, and they didn't play him. Theis is a hustler and a solid role player, but he was completely outmatched by Adebayo the whole series and was useless on offense. I don't get why Grant Williams plays at all. Kanter's D rating in the playoffs was better than Theis', and Kanter is a force down low, keeping Adebayo honest.

Kanter is in Stevens' dog house for some reason, and that may have cost the Celtics a shot at a title.
WOW
Never heard this from you
My God you are insufferable on this subject - Kanter is THE worst defensive big guy in the league and has been for years

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

were they the same age during those seasons?
Did MJ get into the refs ear on every call?
LeBron is a great player and a DB because he makes himself into one
The teams that MJ played against were much deeper and more powerful than the current NBA - it was like the OBE vs the NBE

Reaction Score
And there it is. The pure hate of LBJ as a person. Blinding you to the fact that LBJ is 50 pounds lighter and 6 inches shorter than Shaq but is reffed the same. You’d lose your head some nights, too.

Like the leader of a team punching his teammates in the face isn’t a DB. Like MJ wasn’t a constant DB.

The teams that MJ played against were much deeper and more powerful than the current NBA - it was like the OBE vs the NBE
Demonstrate this, if you can; don’t just say it.

Reaction Score

Lebron isnt better then Jordan no where did I even argue against that.

Reaction Score
Lebron isnt better then Jordan no where did I even argue against that.
Oh don’t worry (although I’m not shocked you misinterpreted that) you champions of critical thinking are in agreement

Reaction Score
6 titles in 11 seasons as a Bull for Jordan, hung it up in his prime twice. The fact this little kid or troll brought up the Wizards return as some kind of blight on Jordan or a way to prop up Lebron shows just how clueless he is. Jordan after retiring for 3 seasons rushed to come back, had all sorts of injuries and at 39 years old was an MVP candidate before his knee flared up. It's one of the great "what ifs" had MJ and Rip stayed healthy and played that full season.

Nobody Touches Jordan: SECTION 18 - Michael Jordan's Wizards Years

Reaction Score

Great! I can name a few guys who have more than 6 rings if that is how you determine the greatest player of all time. if you want to ignore the 10 seasons MJ played without a ring where he was a glorified James Harden go for it.

Reaction Score
Houston has two recent MVPs and Clippers have two guys who have recently finished top 5 in voting. And of all the above, of one guy is 35 years old in his 17th year.
Paul George wasn't a top 15 player in the league this year, if Westbrook was he's right around 15th.

Reaction Score
Great! I can name a few guys who have more than 6 rings if that is how you determine the greatest player of all time. if you want to ignore the 10 seasons MJ played without a ring where he was a glorified James Harden go for it.

Does Lebron have 6 championships in his 17th season? Just answer the question.

Reaction Score
AD leads in most statistical categories for the Lakers and wasn’t really in the MVP discussion this year, but Queen was....haha, I also don’t remember Jordan being second fiddle on any team he was on or getting outplayed by a sixth man in a playoff series (Jason Terry), let alone the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom