OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 25 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Idk what the Celts answer to the zone is if they can't shoot the rock. Stick Smart at the FT line?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Watching Hero scoring in a variety of ways ..... I envision Bouknight doing similar things in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kemba needs to defend better. He’s hurting the team defensively.

Got to be better fighting through screens and tracking his man.

Reaction Score
kemba better be not be 100% & browns no better than jeremy lamb

this team is an emotional train wreck

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Heat won despite poor games by Robinson and Crowder.

It is time to give Spoelstra major props. He has completely outcoached two of the best in the game in back to back series. I think that Budenholzer and Stevens are not bad so much as Spoelstra is just this good.

Why isn't Kanter playing? The interior defense can not get any worse so the Celtics might as well play a center that can score.

Reaction Score
After calling everyone out, Marcus Smart has single handedly killed them since they were up 85-84
I was saying the same. Had at least a couple very careless turnovers and put up some bricks.

Reaction Score
19 turnovers to 8. It was the difference. Just not being strong or valuing the basketball when they attacked the zone off the dribble. They were doing the right thing. Stevens had the right gameplan. Just bad execution.

And then the Heat getting a few long offensive rebounds in the last 4 minutes. That's luck and effort.

Reaction Score
I was saying the same. Had at least a couple very careless turnovers and put up some bricks.
He’s worked hard and turned himself into a good shooter, but he insists on taking bad shots. It’s the most frustrating part about his game by far.

Reaction Score
I guess it can't get any worse if they play Kanter, but this idea that he's the difference is crazy to me. He's shown over and over again that he's unplayable on defense in the playoffs

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
19 turnovers to 8. It was the difference. Just not being strong or valuing the basketball when they attacked the zone off the dribble. They were doing the right thing. Stevens had the right gameplan. Just bad execution.

And then the Heat getting a few long offensive rebounds in the last 4 minutes. That's luck and effort.

Agreed. They were a bit careless and sloppy with the ball and shot selection, which they’ve been all series.

Everyone with the hot takes bc the Heat have won 3 of 4 games that either team could have won.

They have Butler, Crowder, Iggy, Dragic...these are seasoned dudes who know how to win. The Cs have young cats and a vet in Walker who’s never known NBA team success. It’s not surprising the Heat have made the winning plays.

I’m not down on every single move and player and member of the organization due to this. Also, Herro and Robinson are 2nd/3rd/4th options, not as much pressure. Lastly, the Heat play beautiful team ball on O and D, they’re tough to guard and they rotate and rebound and protect the rim.

It’s not an indictment on the Celtics necessarily that they’ve lost close games to this team with great coaching, chemistry, ball movement and veteran leadership.

But I do, and have agreed on needing a Theis upgrade. He has not impressed me, even as a role player. He doesn’t rebound or protect the rim.

Reaction Score
Agreed. They were a bit careless and sloppy with the ball and shot selection, which they’ve been all series.

Everyone with the hot takes bc the Heat have won 3 of 4 games that either team could have won.

They have Butler, Crowder, Iggy, Dragic...these are seasoned dudes who know how to win. The Cs have young cats and a vet in Walker who’s never known NBA team success. It’s not surprising the Heat have made the winning plays.

I’m not down on every single move and player and member of the organization due to this. Also, Herro and Robinson are 2nd/3rd/4th options, not as much pressure. Lastly, the Heat play beautiful team ball on O and D, they’re tough to guard and they rotate and rebound and protect the rim.

It’s not an indictment on the Celtics necessarily that they’ve lost close games to this team with great coaching, chemistry, ball movement and veteran leadership.

But I do, and have agreed on needing a Theis upgrade. He has not impressed me, even as a role player. He doesn’t rebound or protect the rim.
I agree with everything you said. That almost never happens on the Boneyard! :)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I guess it can't get any worse if they play Kanter, but this idea that he's the difference is crazy to me. He's shown over and over again that he's unplayable on defense in the playoffs

If by "over and over again" you mean except for last year's playoffs, then sure.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Anyone else here love college basketball but have zero interest in the NBA? I grew up a Sixers fan and when they traded Charles Barkley, that was it. No interest since.

I’m more interested in roster construction and draft status than anything else.

it’s a brutal product With biased officiating up the wazzu

Reaction Score
Anyone else here love college basketball but have zero interest in the NBA? I grew up a Sixers fan and when they traded Charles Barkley, that was it. No interest since.

Almost everyone I know over the age of 40 hasn't watched the NBA in a long time. The game changed too much from the 70-90s to now. They hate the 3-pt bombing, rule changes to favor the offense, and even more ridiculous officiating.

Reaction Score
Almost everyone I know over the age of 40 hasn't watched the NBA in a long time. The game changed too much from the 70-90s to now. They hate the 3-pt bombing, rule changes to favor the offense, and even more ridiculous officiating.
You don't know me, post-40 I've gotten more into the NBA and less into college. The basketball is better and for college the annual time re-learning all of the players is a barrier to entry. I probably couldn't name more than 20 non-UConn players in college next year. Watched Sunday night's Laker game +Pats in a neighbor's garage with 3 other plus 40s.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The officiating in the 4th of this Lakers/Nuggets game has been something

Apparently Lebron calls his own fouls now. Two tomahawk blocks by Lebron in the 4th were not called, plus him clearly hitting Jokic's elbow on a late 3. The block on Murray was probably the worst no call of the 3, Lebron got almost no ball on the block, and swung through, flattening Murray.

The 4th foul on Jokic was bull too. Davis goes up, hooks Jokic's arm, then turns away, tangling Jokic up and getting the foul called on him. It was a dangerous play and a foul on Davis if anyone. A minute later Jokic gets his 5th, and the game is effectively over.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Apparently Lebron calls his own fouls now. Two tomahawk blocks by Lebron in the 4th were not called, plus him clearly hitting Jokic's elbow on a late 3. The block on Murray was probably the worst no call of the 3, Lebron got almost no ball on the block, and swung through, flattening Murray.

The 4th foul on Jokic was bull too. Davis goes up, hooks Jokic's arm, then turns away, tangling Jokic up and getting the foul called on him. It was a dangerous play and a foul on Davis if anyone. A minute later Jokic gets his 5th, and the game is effectively over.

It’s the lakers. This is what happens.

This is why after game 7 in 2010 I gave up on this sports entertainment crap. You get more legit results form wwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom