OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The game is more than the box score, and if you look beyond the box score, I think you'll find - for a number of x's and o's/personnel type reasons - that Kemba wasn't as awful in that game as it might appear.

But for all intents and purposes he got his lunch eaten in what was arguably the biggest game of his career. He needs to be better in game seven or this will feel like a referendum.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Brown Tatum and Smart actually have way more big game experience than Kemba. Which is insane.

I don’t know if I can even watch game 7. Just have an awful feeling.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Kemba got hacked with 2.2 on the clock. That was criminal. But he got completely outplayed by Lowry.

Worst play was Brown going 1-on-2, up 4.

Runner-up was Tatum passing up a wide-open 3 to drive into traffic. Although his two passes into the stands are in the conversation, too.

Smart was awesome.

This is all true.

Also, how does Tatum get stripped, whether clean or not, and then his arm hits the guy in the face and that's a technical? As he's losing control of the ball his arm moves, and that's a technical? It's such a terrible rule and a bad interpretation of the rule.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is all true.

Also, how does Tatum get stripped, whether clean or not, and then his arm hits the guy in the face and that's a technical? As he's losing control of the ball his arm moves, and that's a technical? It's such a terrible rule and a bad interpretation of the rule.

Especially after siakam’s super kick. Where siakam was clearly looking back and saw theis there...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Any series that can go 7 will go 7. Adam Silver Is the new Vince Macmahon

David stern already was. Although he messed with game 7 in 2010 too

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not a conspiracy theorist in any way, but it's tough to see the end of that game and think that every single questionable call going the Raptors way made it like they would rather have a game 7 than a series wrap. And the Celtics still almost pulled it off a couple times. Foul or not, I'm still shocked Kemba missed that layup. But it was a foul.

Reaction Score
The two no calls on Kemba's drive at the end of regulation and OT were outrageous. And Nick Nurse standing on the court with 48 seconds left. And the Theis foul call reversal in OT. And the Tatum technical in 2OT. Refs not the reason they lost, the VanVleet 6 point possession and Jaylen Brown going 1 on 3 up 4 were so costly, but Tony Brothers gives me more and more of a reason to hate him every time he steps on the court.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The two no calls on Kemba's drive at the end of regulation and OT were outrageous. And Nick Nurse standing on the court with 48 seconds left. And the Theis foul call reversal in OT. And the Tatum technical in 2OT. Refs not the reason they lost, the VanVleet 6 point possession and Jaylen Brown going 1 on 3 up 4 were so costly, but Tony Brothers gives me more and more of a reason to hate him every time he steps on the court.

All totally true.

And for the record, I'm a Celtics fan because of Kemba and when Ray was there, but I'm not a lifelong, diehard Celts fan. So I'm biased that I want them to win, but I'm not SO clouded that I can't be somewhat objective. The Raptors got the benefit of every call in crunch time, that's just plain obvious.

Reaction Score
Tatum should have thrown a tantrum on that pass to no one turnover. Nurse was straddling the corner and had a foot on the baseline. They wouldn't have changed the call, but it would have planted a seed that could lead to a Tech down the road.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am a Celtics fanatic - they had so many chances to win but somehow the ball bounced the wrong way or plain old bonehead plays forced a game 7 - Take nothing away from Lowry - he is a warrior
I hate when the refs become the focal point of the game and in last night's game they made themselves the deciding factor. The calls are getting worse and worse as all these series go on. The flagrant foul calls on simple basketball/momentum moves has to stop.
Nurse was wrong to be where he was on Tatum's errant pass - he definitely passed to the dark color in the corner - that action was much more egregious than have of those phantom flagrant calls. Tatum is a gem but he does have some very curious decisions during every game
Kemba was not Kemba pointwise but I thought he had a fairly good game defensively and distributing the ball. He has to be the scorer he is usually to give the Celts a V in game 7. No way should he have been on Lowry on that shot with 20+ seconds left in 2nd over time- that should be Smart - speaking of Smart - what a game by one of my favorite all time Celt
Tice should always be on the floor - he has improved his overall game vastly

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Game 7 is going to be so huge for Kemba’s legacy. Is he going to be the guy who can’t win in the playoffs or is he going to channel 2011?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I am a Celtics fanatic - they had so many chances to win but somehow the ball bounced the wrong way or plain old bonehead plays forced a game 7 - Take nothing away from Lowry - he is a warrior
I hate when the refs become the focal point of the game and in last night's game they made themselves the deciding factor. The calls are getting worse and worse as all these series go on. The flagrant foul calls on simple basketball/momentum moves has to stop.
Nurse was wrong to be where he was on Tatum's errant pass - he definitely passed to the dark color in the corner - that action was much more egregious than have of those phantom flagrant calls. Tatum is a gem but he does have some very curious decisions during every game
Kemba was not Kemba pointwise but I thought he had a fairly good game defensively and distributing the ball. He has to be the scorer he is usually to give the Celts a V in game 7. No way should he have been on Lowry on that shot with 20+ seconds left in 2nd over time- that should be Smart - speaking of Smart - what a game by one of my favorite all time Celt
I can’t believe he tried to go length of the court to Smart on the last play! Even on a clean catch he would have had to hit a micacle shot.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I can’t believe he tried to go length of the court to Smart on the last play! Even on a clean catch he would have had to hit a micacle shot.

Yeah, bizarre pass ... but there was 5 seconds on the clock and he seemed like he was about to get a 5 second violation so I think he just heaved it. He had Kemba but kind of in the corner-ish and not going forward, so getting up the court in 5 seconds would have been tougher.

Also, not blaming Smart AT ALL b/c your mind is all over and awareness isn't what it is watching the game when you're in that moment, but he had Kemba streaking in and stepping right into an open 3 if he turned and dished rather than shoot.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah, bizarre pass ... but there was 5 seconds on the clock and he seemed like he was about to get a 5 second violation so I think he just heaved it. He had Kemba but kind of in the corner-ish and not going forward, so getting up the court in 5 seconds would have been tougher.

Also, not blaming Smart AT ALL b/c your mind is all over and awareness isn't what it is watching the game when you're in that moment, but he had Kemba streaking in and stepping right into an open 3 if he turned and dished rather than shoot.
Yeah in that moment you’re thinking “I’m taking the last shot” he was stock between the defender and sideline I’m not sure if he could have even seen Kemba let alone got a clean pass

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I feel pretty good about game 7. The Celtics showed how they can respond when needed in game 5. I didn't watch game 6, but it sounds like minus those calls and a few mistakes that game was winnable.

Reaction Score
If he is were toast.he reminds me of robert byrd the boxing ref.they only see what they want to see or what's necessary to get the required result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom