NBA Playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think we've discussed this before, and we can just politely disagree.
Durant was the first time a tip-top player went to a team that was already the prohibitive favorites to win it all. Big, big difference. GS wins with or without Durant. That makes Durant a freeloader. Miami with just Bosch and Wade doesn't win, and it wasn't an established, prohibitive favorite when LBJ went. Big difference.

We have discussed this before. Your point was as irrelevant then as it is now. KG agreeing to join up with 2 HoF'ers, LeBron going to Miami, LeBron going back to Cleveland; all not nearly as different as you like to think.

Reaction Score
Was watching Cleveland v. Indiana.
At about 4:30 remaining Indiana has all the momentum. Bogdanovic hits two shots and puts Indiana up 7, I believe. Next possession, Indiana player goes to the rack and throws down a MONSTER left handed jam. He comes down, kinduv, on JR Smith, who is directly UNDER the basket.
That should have been 2 points, up 9, and Indiana pulling away. Instead, inexplicably, the ref blows the whistle and calls . . . a CHARGE. Unreal. Not only was there minimal contact, it was after the dunk, and directly under the basket, in the center of the no-foul circle. Bizarre call that got me thinking for the first time in a while that there might be tampering. It was that bad. LBJ comes down and hits 2 threes and it's a 1 point game. If Indiana had lost that game, it would have been a robbery.
Almost as bad as the call last year when Durant forearmed LeBron in the head on a dunk, no call, which would have put Durant in foul trouble. Durant goes on to have a killer finish, Cavs lose game and series gets out of hand.

Reaction Score
It's amazing what the Pacers coach lets Lance Stephenson get away with. If it was any other player I would be convinced he's throwing the game.
Pacers got so many calls in the second half. Tired of everyone saying LeBron gets every call when Lance is tossing people on the floor and people are saying jump ball.

Reaction Score
A+ weekend for the NBA. All four game 4's in the East come down to the final possessions with three of them resulting in the series now being tied 2-2.

OKC-Utah has been very competitive and Houston-Minnesota has some juice after the Wolves won big in game three. I'm guessing the league can get behind some of the match-ups that are going to come out of this.

Reaction Score
Pacers got so many calls in the second half. Tired of everyone saying LeBron gets every call when Lance is tossing people on the floor and people are saying jump ball.
Lance is an idiot but he was hammered driving to the rim after the inbounds play where he took 7 steps with the ball. It was also hilarious when he held up the ball like he was holding Lebron's decpitated head.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks are the second best team in the east on paper, but this group is just a little "off" when you watch them play. The Freak is a year or two from challenging for an MVP, and Middleton is a borderline all star that plays well on both ends. The rest of the team kind of fits their roles except Parker and Bledsoe. I think the bucks probably need to let one of them go in the offseason.

Reaction Score
Bucks are the second best team in the east on paper, but this group is just a little "off" when you watch them play. The Freak is a year or two from challenging for an MVP, and Middleton is a borderline all star that plays well on both ends. The rest of the team kind of fits their roles except Parker and Bledsoe. I think the bucks probably need to let one of them go in the offseason.
Is your first best team the Raptors? Wiz are pretty good on paper too

Reaction Score
Have to have Philly up there in the top 2 on paper
Yep, I've got Bucks tied for 5th on paper; Celtics roster is better on 8x11 right now than 94x50.
1. Celtics
2. Raptors
3. Sixers (by next year the paper ages & they are 2)
4. LeBron
5. Tie Washington & Bucks

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Celtics roster is awful on paper right now and they are overachieving on 94x50.

They are playing fairly exciting basketball at the moment, but the team on the court at the moment has no business being the 2 seed.

Reaction Score
The Celtics roster is awful on paper right now and they are overachieving on 94x50.

They are playing fairly exciting basketball at the moment, but the team on the court at the moment has no business being the 2 seed.
Do you not know what on paper means?
And if for 3/5 starters we write the names Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Al Horford on a paper you still think this is awful?

Reaction Score

I agree to an extent but Tatum and Jaylen Brown are studs. One thing we all know is Stevens is an amazing coach.

Reaction Score
I agree to an extent but Tatum and Jaylen Brown are studs. One thing we all know is Stevens is an amazing coach.
True. Is Stevens on their paper roster or do you write his name elsewhere ;)

I think back to the original point on the Bucks, Stevens wouldn't count for the C's and likewise coaching (Prunty might end up being ok, but Kidd clearly was not) is one of the reasons the Bucks are paper tigers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do you not know what on paper means?
And if for 3/5 starters we write the names Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Al Horford on a paper you still think this is awful?

True. Is Stevens on their paper roster or do you write his name elsewhere ;)

I think back to the original point on the Bucks, Stevens wouldn't count for the C's and likewise coaching (Prunty might end up being ok, but Kidd clearly was not) is one of the reasons the Bucks are paper tigers.

Interesting question (Yes I see the emoji). Are you including Kyrie Irving, Marcus Smart, and Gordon Hayward on the Celtics' paper roster? If so, then I would agree, but they are just as likely to play as Brad Stevens.

Tatum, Brown. and Horford are the Celtics' best three available players (Rozier is making a case, but he is hitting above his fighting weight, so to speak.), but those three are only playing 107 minutes out of a cumulative positional maximum of 144 minutes out of a team maximum of 240 minutes per game. That means eight other player not named Tatum, Brown, Horford, Irving, Smart, and Hayward must fill 133 minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Westbrooks a wimp for that. Takes a shot and then ignores Crowder.

Reaction Score
This series has been a terrible look for Westbrook, all that yapping and they are getting destroyed by the Jazz. Nothing from Westbrook in any of these 4th quarters and Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio stealing his lunch money.

Reaction Score
This series has been a terrible look for Westbrook, all that yapping and they are getting destroyed by the Jazz. Nothing from Westbrook in any of these 4th quarters and Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio stealing his lunch money.

What a terrible combo Westbrook and Melo are, PG is gone faster then a cloud of dust.

Reaction Score
Melo just stinks, he should retire. This Jazz team is a lot of fun to watch. Mitchell is going to be a superstar of the highest order, he has the look already.

Yeah they are like a newer version of the Spurs, getting past the first round in Mitchells rookie year would be huge first step toward superstar status. Knicks continue to be stupid not that (Frank Nikilina won't be good), and Mitchell was from NYC too.

Reaction Score
Melo just stinks, he should retire. This Jazz team is a lot of fun to watch. Mitchell is going to be a superstar of the highest order, he has the look already.

Big fan of Mitchell, not sure I project him to be a "superstar of the highest order." All-star, yes.

Meanwhile, Westbrook is shooting 38% from the field over his last 22 playoff games. Granted, Gobert is an especially tough match-up for someone like him, but after a while his flaws become tough to look past.

It would have been interesting to see how things would have played out if Heyward had stayed in Utah. Him, Mitchell, Gobert, is quite the core.

Reaction Score

I'd put Toronto/Philly as my 1-2 but MIL is a mess as often as they're clicking. I imagine the turmoil over their coaching situation plays a part. I've never been a fan of Bledsoe and they force Giannis into playmaking/iso situations far too often for my liking. Between Bledsoe, Brogdan, and Giannis they don't have a reliable, traditional playmaker/point guard. Their frontcourt outside of Giannis is an enigma. They have games where Parker and Maker give them nothing and games where they're impact players.

As for the OKC/Utah series, the hater in me can't stop smiling. Seeing Melo go 5/18 last night. Shooting 37% on the series. Yet Russ is even worse at 36%. They're shooting 23% and 21%, respectively. Paul George has six assists in the series (161 MP) and Melo has two (143 MP). It's a wonderful display on how to not play modern NBA basketball.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Westbrook is shooting 38% from the field over his last 22 playoff games.

He plays so hard he gets a pass from a lot of folks. It'd be maddening to have him on your team; I can't imagine how frustrating these games must be for OKC fans.

Melo isn't much better. In his last 25 playoff games he's shooting 40% from the floor and 28% from three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom