• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder if Rivers benches Harden. Harden had a good game 1, but he is a total liability right now.

Reaction Score
D8F32AE0-2DFD-41DA-B29E-96C339AC8B37.gif

Reaction Score
Hmm aging star looks ageless on 9 days rest and then awful in the following quick turnaround. Slightly different but same ish with CP3. You know he is going to break down around 2. We are at the point where the 76ers would be better off sitting Harden every other game, as absurd as that is.

Reaction Score
Hmm aging star looks ageless on 9 days rest and then awful in the following quick turnaround. Slightly different but same ish with CP3. You know he is going to break down around 2. We are at the point where the 76ers would be better off sitting Harden every other game, as absurd as that is.
I mean, he won game 1 himself pretty much.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes and singlehandedly lost them the next 2.
Not really. Maxey shot 25% last night, and wasn’t good the prior game. The Celtics are just the better team and a tough matchup for Philly. Boston won 3 of 4 in the regular season and the loss was by 2, without Brown or Williams.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Celtics absolutely hunted Embiid to open the third:

Raptors did the same to him last year, so I don't think we can say it's injury related:

Streamable Video

Celtics are generating a ton of wide open catch-and-shoot threes whenever Embiid is out there. His defensive rating over these two games is about 125, and his off-ball rim protection is not making up for his inability to contain guys on switches or get out to the three-point line when Al or Grant are out there.

Great regular-season player, but he's building a list of postseason failures that could match Harden's. The narrative next year will be ugly (deservedly so) if they win Game 1 without him then get beat in 5 or 6 once he returns.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Eight-point game, 5 minutes to go, and the Celtics leave Smart in 1v1 coverage vs. Embiid. He gets the stop:

Zero other PGs in the league can body him up right here.

Also, that's another great thread on the Celtics' adjustments. Mazzulla -- who I haven't rated -- has done very well the past two games.

Reaction Score
Lakers such a different team with a healthy Anthony Davis their not even a play in team without him as last year was proof of that and replacing Westbrook with Derozan.

Reaction Score
Lakers such a different team with a healthy Anthony Davis their not even a play in team without him as last year was proof of that and replacing Westbrook with Derozan.
Well, yeah. A potentially top 7 player in the league changes things. Also, other than LeBron, the roster is full of complimentary pieces. Outside of AD of course.

Reaction Score
Missing the point. He made dumb mistakes, sure, but he wasn't magically smarter two years ago. You have guys who coach for decades, with star players, who never win a title, but this guy did it.
I think there are outliers who get every ounce of winning out of a team, but probably only for the short term. In general, at this level, most coaches are pretty interchangeable.
Ok agree. So if they are interchangeable and it’s around time for a change in voice plus he made some mistake then it’s time for a change.

This particular guy is above average regular season and system coach, but below average in playoffs. Whether we agree or not, he was fired for that reason.

Reaction Score
I hate when a jump shooter like Tatum tries to win a game with anything but a jump shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom