NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't love his style of play but I love Giannis. He handled that question beautifully. Everyone should listen to it.

I think he's a nice player too. But that was a losers lament. He's not a loser. He's pretty much at the top of the heap of NBA talent right now. But to say that kind of stuff after a 16 point in Q4 lead as a 1 seed at home is the epitome of a choke especially on the heels of getting outscored by 17 in the final 6 minutes of the game in Miami.

" Did you get a promotion every year? did you choke?"

That is really weak sauce for a future billionaire. One who misses 13 fricking FT's in the process. He choked. Own it. Move on, get them next time.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting against LA and GS, because I'm done with Lebron and Curry, Klay and especially Green. If Lebron and Green never win another basketball game in their lives, that would be fine with me. Nothing against Curry or Klay, but just like with Jordan and Pippen, they've been in too many finals in the last decade and it's time for somebody else. Really hoping the Nuggets come out of the west.
I love watching GS play. Mostly unselfish, and highly entertaining.

Reaction Score
I think he's a nice player too. But that was a losers lament. He's not a loser. He's pretty much at the top of the heap of NBA talent right now. But to say that kind of stuff after a 16 point in Q4 lead as a 1 seed at home is the epitome of a choke especially on the heels of getting outscored by 17 in the final 6 minutes of the game in Miami.

" Did you get a promotion every year? did you choke?"

That is really weak sauce for a future billionaire. One who misses 13 fricking FT's in the process. He choked. Own it. Move on, get them next time.

I liked the statement in the abstract and Giannis is an incredibly likeable guy but that statement sounds completely different (and much more legitimate in context) if he makes it after they lose a game 7 to the Warriors and not after getting trucked by an 8 seed that had to play their way in.

Reaction Score
I liked the statement in the abstract and Giannis is an incredibly likeable guy but that statement sounds completely different (and much more legitimate in context) if he makes it after they lose a game 7 to the Warriors and not after getting trucked by an 8 seed that had to play their way in.
He needs to make his ft's and running away from the ball at the end because he was scared of ft's should never happen from a superstar but in fairness the only reason they got trucked was because Giannis only played 2 games.

Reaction Score
Absolutely brutal whistle for Sacramento thus far.

Really impressed with Sacramento. They're supposed to be the young and inexperienced team but they're holding strong and countering every GS run. Warriors can't cut into this lead because as soon as they hit a shot the Kings are either at the rim or open for three within 15 seconds

Reaction Score
Really impressed with Sacramento. They're supposed to be the young and inexperienced team but they're holding strong and countering every GS run. Warriors can't cut into this lead because as soon as they hit a shot the Kings are either at the rim or open for three within 15 seconds
I saw multiple missed FTs by GS including multiple misses by Curry. His shooting was off last night. That certainly didn't help their cause.

Reaction Score
Great little video showing how, even when they go iso, the Celtics run a ton of off-ball actions to open up lanes/pull rim protects away from the hoop:

The NBA is so damn good, man.

Is this not as much a factor of the defenders getting pulled out for not watching the ball and understanding spacing well ie bad defense? None of this seems to be particularly mind-blowing scheming to me

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Suns are the Bucks of the west. Talented team, but terrible defensively on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
What a fun first quarter from the Knicks.

There's a lot of '94 in this team (probably the first sports team I loved, I was seven in the spring of '94). Play well as a team, strong on defense, very likable role players.

I'm locked in.

Reaction Score
What a fun first quarter from the Knicks.

There's a lot of '94 in this team (probably the first sports team I loved, I was seven in the spring of '94). Play well as a team, strong on defense, very likable role players.

I'm locked in.
Tried to find a ticket for game 2 and the cheapest I could find was around $400 for nosebleed seats. After hearing how loud MSG is from the ABC broadcast, I understand why now

Should be a great series

Reaction Score
Feels wild to have been rooting for the Lakers.
The last time I tooted for the Lakers they were in Minneapolis.
I was too young to know any better
Although I did like some guys like West , Jabbar ,Magic even Kobe although I hated that he spoke better Italian than me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tried to find a ticket for game 2 and the cheapest I could find was around $400 for nosebleed seats. After hearing how loud MSG is from the ABC broadcast, I understand why now

Should be a great series
My brother in law who I go to UConn games with brought his sons to game 2, said it was off the hook loud. Like we were just at the BET together and he said it was jarring how much louder ( like 10x) the knicks game was . He’s not one for hyperbole. Makes sense in that it’s a playoff game for home team, and not a spilt crowd for a tourney, but to echo hey adrien this is feeling like 94 in the city.
New York has been simmering for a good playoff hoops team for a couple decades. They will explode .

The prices are high for sure, but just still less than the rangers games right now. That’s why I’m really getting deja vu here. The city is on board . Like 94. springtime at MSG with the rangers and knicks playing well is a magic .

It’s time.

LGR and Bing Bong!

Reaction Score
Kevin Love back to doing Kevin Love outlet passes. Sorry Knicks fans I'm here for the Jimmy Buckets experience.

Reaction Score
RJ Barrett led Knicks stunk up the second half - yeesh
They did and the Heat are a 2nd team, Spoelstra always has a 2nd half game plan, while Thibs doesn’t adjust. It’s game 1 we’ll see how the Knicks respond in game 2.

Reaction Score
They did and the Heat are a 2nd team, Spoelstra always has a 2nd half game plan, while Thibs doesn’t adjust. It’s game 1 we’ll see how the Knicks respond in game 2.
What should Thibs have done? They focused on stopping Brunson and left everyone else open. Nobody could make a shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom