NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly think that was more of a popularity contest than anything. People like him and he’s living off his Pelicans rep. Marcus Smart just won DPOY last year.
This was an anonymous poll of actual players and he won in a landslide. DPOY is more of a popularity contest.

Reaction Score
Loved the TNT close up of Tyrese mocking Tatum for getting a technical lol

Reaction Score
Trae Young may not be likeable or efficient, or maybe even as good as his rep. But he does hit some fun shots

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This was an anonymous poll of actual players and he won in a landslide. DPOY is more of a popularity contest.
Well the most overrated guy just singlehandedly got a win over the #1 seed tonight so.

Reaction Score
That was an infuriating Celtics game. Celtics were lazy on their passes at the end, Marcus Smart had one of the worst fouls I've ever seen, and a ball hog gunner made enough shots and flops to win.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That was an infuriating Celtics game. Celtics were lazy on their passes at the end, Marcus Smart had one of the worst fouls I've ever seen, and a ball hog gunner made enough shots and flops to win.
They probably win if their star didn’t absolutely put in a dud of a game. He’s the only one who didn’t show up tonight.

Reaction Score
They probably win if their star didn’t absolutely put in a dud of a game. He’s the only one who didn’t show up tonight.
They were sending a second man to him at the perimeter. All he had to do is make the pass and the team has a 4 on 3. He doesn't get points, but the team wins. But they tried to throw it over the top a couple times the last few minutes and the passes were picked off. Lazy stuff.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Nobody showed up in the last 6 minutes. That was a true team effort to crap the bed that badly.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nobody showed up in the last 6 minutes. That was a true team effort to crap the bed that badly.
That’s usually when your best player is suppose to take over. That’s what the Hawks did and Trae had every eye possible on him against the best defensive team in the NBA. Lol

I don’t understand what’s Tatum’s excuse for going 1-11 from three and only getting 19 when everyone else on his team is hitting shots.

Reaction Score
They were sending a second man to him at the perimeter. All he had to do is make the pass and the team has a 4 on 3. He doesn't get points, but the team wins. But they tried to throw it over the top a couple times the last few minutes and the passes were picked off. Lazy stuff.
This is a couple of the passes I'm referring to.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That’s usually when your best player is suppose to take over. That’s what the Hawks did and Trae had every eye possible on him against the best defensive team in the NBA. Lol

I don’t understand what’s Tatum’s excuse for going 1-11 from three and only getting 19 when everyone else on his team is hitting shots.

No excuse. He sucked.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well the most overrated guy just singlehandedly got a win over the #1 seed tonight so.
#2 seed, but yeah. Celtics blew that game. Lazy passes, dumb fouls (several of which weren't fouls, and don't get me started on out of bounds calls the refs missed) and missed FTs. Just a choke job. Hopefully they learn from this and stop believing that they can coast to wins like the regular season.

Reaction Score
#2 seed, but yeah. Celtics blew that game. Lazy passes, dumb fouls (several of which weren't fouls, and don't get me started on out of bounds calls the refs missed) and missed FTs. Just a choke job. Hopefully they learn from this and stop believing that they can coast to wins like the regular season.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. They got cocky. Celtics are clearly the better team, but if they aren't going to play smart basketball, they're going to lose this series. Disappointing performance considering half this team has deep playoff experience.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I had a feeling this was going to happen. They got cocky. Celtics are clearly the better team, but if they aren't going to play smart basketball, they're going to lose this series. Disappointing performance considering half this team has deep playoff experience.
It's a test for Mazzulla. This team's down stretch earlier (losing #1 seed) happened the same way. The team they played worst against all year was Orlando. They can get up for the Bucks or GS and blow out the Sixers, but against a team they think stinks, they don't always show up. Credit to Brown, White and Williams, those guys always show up. Oddly, they remind me of 2022-23 UConn a little bit.

I assume they will fix this and win the next one in Atlanta. If so, it probably helps them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
(Yes, I know it's Kyrie.)

Reaction Score
Should they have taken the Lakers or the Warriors spot on TNT? Lol
It seems to be blacked out for a ton of people in the tri-state area and all around the country. They should put games on tv channels that most people have like they used to.

Reaction Score
It worse that I have the NBA network and it’s blacked out and I don’t have MSG, unbelievable! So I watch the Lakers, a life long Knicks fan. Oh well
I'm in the same boat, this stinks.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It seems to be blacked out for a ton of people in the tri-state area and all around the country. They should put games on tv channels that most people have like they used to.
Ah yeah that’s terrible planning by the NBA there.

Reaction Score
Memphis crowd loudly chanting "Refs you suck" after calling a very obvious blocking foul against Konchar lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom