NBA Finals | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Free speech is plainly in jeopardy in this country. Always thought it was the right wing uber patriot, religious nuts who would be the culprits. Turns out it's going to be the ultra intolerant left. The irony.
Who’s in charge Moran?

Reaction Score
20-42 from 3 vs 8-32. I'd love to complain about Boogie setting another illegal screen on Steph's shot but Marc sets one per possession. Looks like the Raptors will close out Oracle for good Thursday.
Warriors had a grand total of 2 players who could score and they let them score. I'm sure the Raptors will win but that was bad.

Reaction Score
Right at this second, I'd rank it:
1. Kawhi (2 way), 2. LeBron, 3. KD, 4. Giannis, 5. Harden, 6. Steph
Steph is at worst the 3rd best offensive player in the league, but there are two sides of the court. Harden I think can single-handed carry a team, especially thru the regular season better than Steph can, but I'd much rather have Steph in the playoffs.
I feel like Steph is so much better than everyone else in the NBA on offense other than KD that it makes up for his defense which is honestly not as bad as people claim

Reaction Score
Oh maaaan Skip is gonna have a morning tomorrow! Gonna be screaming his anti-kawhi narratives like crazy

I guarantee you Skip is going to lean into his Klay Thompson for MVP take

Reaction Score
Kemba>Lowry, what a choke job by Lowry you knew GS would be getting the ball out of Kwahi hands as he wasnt gonna be hitting every single shot down the stretch.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great game last night. Since my Bucks are out of it, I don't have a horse in this race, and I just wanted a good game.

Both Lowry's and Vanvleet's shot selection is just terrible at times. Both are better jump shooting off the pass, yet both take a lot of contested long pullups. I actually like Lowry best when he is attacking the basket. I would play Ibaka and Gasol together more if i was Toronto. I don't think Nurse plays his bench enough. Powell and Ibaka are good, they provide some different looks at both ends, and Nurse needs to stop playing guys over 40 minutes so they will be fresh at the end.

Curry and Thompson were great last night. Thompson is one of the smartest, most fundamentally sound players in the NBA. Cousins looks out of shape, but with all the cap space around the league this summer, he will get a max deal.

I hate to see a major injury, and Durant appears to have torn his achilles. There is going to be a lot of discussion in the next few days about who cleared Durant to play.

Edit:

This is what I mean about Nurse managing player minutes in the game. He blew the first (and arguably the second) game of the Eastern Conference Finals with his poor rotation management. The best way to keep the players fresh is to not play them 40+ minutes a game. Powell and Ibaka don't suck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion. Steph and Klay are simply that: Champions. To come from six down with the 3 late threes, especially when both were coming up a bit short prior to those shots was incredible to watch. Speaking of champions, Kawhi has to take that last shot. I understand he was double teamed but could you imagine the criticism that Lebron or Kobe or Jordan would get if they passed that off?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion. Steph and Klay are simply that: Champions. To come from six down with the 3 late threes, especially when both were coming up a bit short prior to those shots was incredible to watch. Speaking of champions, Kawhi has to take that last shot. I understand he was double teamed but could you imagine the criticism that Lebron or Kobe or Jordan would get if they passed that off?

Already saw that with Lebron. He passed it to a wide open Donyell and got crucified.

Jordan giving it up was considered a heady play.

Reaction Score
Warriors are going to be motivated to leave Oakland with a win in their final game there and to win for KD. Toronto better win in 6 because the pressure of a Game 7 might make everyone but Kawhi throw up.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Yep Paxson and Kerr, stars will get you open shots, Lowry has to make that shot.

Donyell missed too.

So it’s probably just a bunch of bs. They were all good looks.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Warriors are going to be motivated to leave Oakland with a win in their final game there and to win for KD. Toronto better win in 6 because the pressure of a Game 7 might make everyone but Kawhi throw up.

I bet Steve Kerr was just thinking to himself, how do I get these guys motivated to play hard in the NBA finals.

the Q

Reaction Score
Even on a UConn board I struggling to find your point here.

People questioned Lebron and kawhi because their teammate missed. They were still good plays. Lebron got clobbered for making that pass while Jordan’s was considered smart because his teammate made it

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People questioned Lebron and kawhi because their teammate missed. They were still good plays. Lebron got clobbered for making that pass while Jordan’s was considered smart because his teammate made it
I'm glad I asked, I thought you were saying Donyell was a good pro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom