NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks | Page 22 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tatum played a great game and deserves Series MVP. Loved all the emotion too. Can't believe it gas been what 7 years since playing a great series aginst the Cavaliers and lebron. It took him some time but he won it.
He’s 26. He was a kid in those early series.

Brown got MVP. Someone noticed that defense tonight. It was superb.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Jaylen Brown was da shizz.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats to the city of Boston. Its been too long since their last championship. The long-suffering fans of the city deserve it!

Reaction Score
Tatum played a great game and deserves Series MVP. Loved all the emotion too. Can't believe it has been what 6 years since playing a great series aginst the Cavaliers and lebron. It took him some time but he won it.

Well my favorite player J-Brown won it. I will take that. Sorry Tatum. Lol! Congrats to Big Al!!!! A true champion at all levels.
I agree Tatum should have won it, especially after his performance tonight. But I see why they gave it to JB, after all his snubs. He was the vocal leader and the most senior player on the team.

Reaction Score
He’s 26. He was a kid in those early series.

Brown got MVP. Someone noticed that defense tonight. It was superb.
Yeah but he played LeBron score by score in that series. I was just surprised it too that long to win it.

Reaction Score
WHAT A YEAR OF BASKETBALL! I'm pretty bummed Brad didn't get to speak in that trophy ceremony. Biggest hand over this 9 year playoff streak than anyone else on that stage.
Brad finally wins a Championship! He's come so close at Butler and the C's. He was the architect. What he did in the offseason w/Holiday and Porzingis is up there with Red's thefts of McHale and Parish.

Reaction Score
I'm a celtics fan but also like the Knicks
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have never liked Kyrie and Luka is out of shape and kind of a ball hog. The Mavericks are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the West. This entire playoff is a good case for cutting back the number of regular season games to keep the starters fresh for the playoffs.

My opinion has not changed from the beginning of the series. The Mavericks shouldn't have been in the Finals, and we ended up with a lousy series as a result. Oklahoma City is a year away and the Timberwolves need a new coach, but one of those two teams or the Nuggets should have been here instead of the Mavericks.

The Celtics could be in for a nice multi-year run. The Bucks and 76ers are old and getting older, and I don't think the Cavaliers, Magic or Knicks have the talent to challenge the Celtics. Tatum, Brown, Porzingis and White have a lot of wins ahead of them, and given Stevens' track record, he will find a way to transition Horford and Holiday.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Congrats Celts fans! I wish Kemba was a part of this, but happy for JB and the crew. They were the best team in the league all year. They paid their dues. They deserved it. Luka’s time will come. This wasn’t it.

Reaction Score
NBA is by far the youngest of the 4 major sports leagues in the USA at 78 years (founded in 1946) . Of the 78 Championships, the Celtics(18), Lakers (17) and Bulls(6) have 41 of them. Celtics have won the highest percentage of their sports championships.

Reaction Score
NBA is by far the youngest of the 4 major sports leagues in the USA at 78 years (founded in 1946) . Of the 78 Championships, the Celtics(18), Lakers (17) and Bulls(6) have 41 of them. Celtics have won the highest percentage of their sports championships.
You might as well include the Warriors who I don't like at 7. between the 4 teams they have won 48 of the 78 championships.

Reaction Score
#18! As I predicted, C's in 5. Total domination in the regular season & playoffs. They did this without Porzingis, which is amazing. The best, most complete NBA team since Jordan's Bulls of the 90s.
I’m a massive Celtics fan and I’ve admired your confidence (and correctness) throughout this series but my man you are on CRACK if you think this team is better and more complete than the two KD title teams with the Dubs.

Reaction Score
You can make it look a little crazier by replacing the Bulls with the Warriors, who have 7 titles as a franchise. If LA's 40s and 50s Minnesota titles count, so Golden State's. :)

Reaction Score
I’m a massive Celtics fan and I’ve admired your confidence (and correctness) throughout this series but my man you are on CRACK if you think this team is better and more complete than the two KD title teams with the Dubs.
That's the best team I've ever seen. And I watched the 1996 Bulls.

The Celtics are in the tier below these four post-Jordan teams:
  • 2017 Warriors
  • 2001 Lakers
  • 2014 Spurs
  • 2013 Heat
Even this list is probably the top two on one level, the next two on another.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That's the best team I've ever seen. And I watched the 1996 Bulls.

The Celtics are in the tier below these four post-Jordan teams:
  • 2017 Warriors
  • 2001 Lakers
  • 2014 Spurs
  • 2013 Heat
Even this list is probably the top two on one level, the next two on another.
Would you all take this team over the 08 Big 3 Celtics team too?

Reaction Score
64 wins in the regular season and 16-3 in the playoffs. This team was DOMINANT

Last night felt like a 2023 UConn game. Keep it close, keep it close, slowly start to pull away, then DESTROY them in a few minutes

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With a healthy KP it’s at least in the ballpark but probably a little below. Almost this whole playoff run came without him.

Reaction Score
Happy for the whole team. I’m a Cs fan but it’s not the same as the Huskies, Yanks, Giants or the Celts of the 70s-80s. Fun to watch because it’s my team but for me I slept through the 2nd and lots of the 3rd period, wouldn’t happen with the Huskies for sure. I get it with most of you I just have a hard time buying in as hard as the past with this NBA.

But Tatum and Brown very deserving and really good kids. Holliday a monster pick up almost had a shot at MVP as well. @HuskyHawk picked up a huge key in Browns defense on Luka was really special. His assists were way down due to the pressure.

Get the duckboats out!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom