NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks | Page 21 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The leadership is fine, but this narrative that somehow the refs are being tough on Luka or on Dallas is ridiculous. If anything, he has gotten away with more than anybody else in the finals and has drawn really the only few phantom fouls handed out with his flopping.
I think the message in this case is moreso Luka has to stop complaining so much. It hurts his team a lot.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Yall okay with your best player having this kind of mindset Cs fans?

Reaction Score
Coming back from down 0-3 is going to happen eventually. It almost happened last year with the Celtics vs. Heat. Still can't believe how bad of a game Celtics had in Game 7.

7 years ago no 16 ever beat a 1. Now it's happened twice!

Don't think the Mavs are going to do it.
It’s happened a couple times in the NHL.

Reaction Score
Its not what Tatum says, but what he (and the others) do. Tatum has always been "chill". JB has always been much more vocal and willing to call teammates out to play harder. White, Holiday, and Porzingis are the missing pieces, both from a talent and mindset perspective. Losing Porzingis was a big blow.

I still like the C's to in the series, but if the C's lose tonight and it goes the distance, the amount of pressure in Game 7 will be supernova - and probably will affect players' performance. Yankees were shell-shocked in 2004 Game 7, and didnt have a chance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the message in this case is moreso Luka has to stop complaining so much. It hurts his team a lot.
I don't think it hurt them. Him laying on the floor rolling around like a soccer player trying to draw a call when there was no contact hurts them. Him bitching all the time seems to have helped them given how game 4 was officiated.

Porzingis is expected to play. My guess. Not a lot. But if he can steady things for even 10 minutes that could do it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Its not what Tatum says, but what he (and the others) do.
In Tatum's case, he better have a good game tonight. I think his gullet might be getting a bit tight.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think it hurt them. Him laying on the floor rolling around like a soccer player trying to draw a call when there was no contact hurts them. Him bitching all the time seems to have helped them given how game 4 was officiated.

Porzingis is expected to play. My guess. Not a lot. But if he can steady things for even 10 minutes that could do it.
Oh we agree bruh. It’s not how it influences the refs, but the plays he takes off defensively because he’s complaining about the refs does not help the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
First time out sighting Nate!
IMG_3093.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Hard to criticize after the end of the quarter but Tatum got the Luka switch to end the quarter and instead of blowing by him he goes to the broke ass stepback 3 that he's been consistently bricking

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why would Joe ever think playing Tatum at the 5 could work.

They just gave up easy layup after easy layup. Type of decisions that make you say he’s lucky he can just go to the obvious lineup to get the game back under control.

Reaction Score
A great Tatum game so far halfway thru the 3rd, playing downhill which should always be the plan of attack

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A great Tatum game so far halfway thru the 3rd, playing downhill which should always be the plan of attack
Tatum is aggressive, that’s good. The team rebounding has been exceptional. But the big key has been Brown's D on Luka. He’s picking him up before half court which is keeping the ball out of his hands. Turns him into a target rather than facilitator.

Reaction Score
#18! As I predicted, C's in 5. Total domination in the regular season & playoffs. They did this without Porzingis, which is amazing. The best, most complete NBA team since Jordan's Bulls of the 90s.

Reaction Score
Tatum played a great game and deserves Series MVP. Loved all the emotion too. Can't believe it has been what 6 years since playing a great series aginst the Cavaliers and lebron. It took him some time but he won it.

Well my favorite player Jaylen Brown won it. I will take that. Sorry, Tatum as I think you could of won it too. Lol! Congrats to Big Al!!!! A true champion at all levels.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the UConn/Celtic fan that would be 117-24 and 2 championships this season.
Yep I'm a celtics fan but also like the Knicks. I hope they can win it too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom