NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Middleton is more than a decent rotation guy, hes a 6'8 scorer, he is only 24 and he is signed through 2019. If the Celts can get him for the 3rd pick they should do it in a second.
He's very underrated, I'd much rather have him than the third pick this year.

Reaction Score
Celtics are rumored to be leaning towards Dunn
Phoenix Criss
Minnesota wants Dunn but it looks like he won't be there.

Celtics and sixers are working harder on a trade for the third pick.
Anyone have an opinion on Noel? I've assiduously avoided watching the 76ers during the tanking exercise.
I might do Noel and #25 for the #3 IF I liked Noel.
Looking at his stats*, um no. 8.1 boards, 1.5 blocks and 11pts. I thought his big skill was shot-blocking?!
Sullinger has better overall numbers (PERs 16.8-Sully, 16.3-NOEL).
But maybe if Ainge thinks he could swap #25 + #23 & #16 for something higher or also get next year's #1 pick from a crappy team, like Philly!
I do think the Celtics rumors about Dunn are specifically designed to entice Philly to trade.

Would you ask for Embid instead of Noel if you were Danny Ainge or is that like using $1M to buy powerball tickets?

* FiveThirtyEight's CARMELO NBA Projections: Nerlens Noel
comps include Kwame Brown, Stromile Swift, Benoit Benjamin its a potpourri of former under-achievers.

Reaction Score
Anyone have an opinion on Noel? I've assiduously avoided watching the 76ers during the tanking exercise.
I might do Noel and #25 for the #3 IF I liked Noel.
Looking at his stats*, um no. 8.1 boards, 1.5 blocks and 11pts. I thought his big skill was shot-blocking?!
Sullinger has better overall numbers (PERs 16.8-Sully, 16.3-NOEL).
But maybe if Ainge thinks he could swap #25 + #23 & #16 for something higher or also get next year's #1 pick from a crappy team, like Philly!
I do think the Celtics rumors about Dunn are specifically designed to entice Philly to trade.

Would you ask for Embid instead of Noel if you were Danny Ainge or is that like using $1M to buy powerball tickets?

* FiveThirtyEight's CARMELO NBA Projections: Nerlens Noel
comps include Kwame Brown, Stromile Swift, Benoit Benjamin its a potpourri of former under-achievers.
I do not think the Celtics have any interest in Noel, if they make a deal with Philly it will be for Jahill

Reaction Score
really? I thought they didn't want jahlil because A) he's a sieve on d and B) he slows down the offense and that's not the team coach brad wants to build.

Reaction Score
3 players I really like in the lottery......

Jaylen Brown (been talking about him since January)
Kris Dunn
Domantas Sabonis

Love all 3.

Reaction Score
3 players I really like in the lottery.

Jaylen Brown (been talking about him since January)
Kris Dunn
Domantas Sabonis

Love all 3.

The celtics could conceivably get 2/3 guys. I hope Domantas, Ellenson, poeltl or Valentine are there at 16.

Reaction Score
Charlotte just traded a FIRST ROUNDER for Marco belinelli! What a horrible trade, not even thinking about how they already have lamb on the roster who is better.

Reaction Score
Would have liked the C's to get Ellenson, think the kid is going to be very good. This French dude is a monster who can shoot it from 3 - raw it would seem but never know. Danny boy better get a couple guys who can play. Jaylen Brown is 19, not sure he's ready, but could be a stud down the road? Interesting draft not a great one though by any means.

caw

Reaction Score
Charlotte just traded a FIRST ROUNDER for Marco belinelli! What a horrible trade, not even thinking about how they already have lamb on the roster who is better.

Yeah especially because the pick was Richardson. He may not be a known quantity but he has potential to be much better than freaking Bellinelli.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Watching the draft last night it just seemed like not too many teams actually value first rounders outside the lottery. Like they aren't worth it compared to someone already in the league. No matter how average they may be. They seem to trade away first rounders like they are peanuts. Bellinelli? C'mon.

Reaction Score
Great seeing Selden and Jones go undrafted, especially Selden. Celtics had 5 #2s and wouldn't even use one on a local kid

Good job staying in the draft

Hamilton will be lucky to make the roster soon, he's probably a 2 year stash

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So, the Knicks decided to surround Porzingus with two guys with bad knees.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

But he makes a mean lasagna.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Great seeing Selden and Jones go undrafted, especially Selden. Celtics had 5 #2s and wouldn't even use one on a local kid

Good job staying in the draft

Hamilton will be lucky to make the roster soon, he's probably a 2 year stash
30 undrafted underclassmen. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members