NBA Draft | The Boneyard

NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
lets here the thoughts of everyone's draft/prospect opinions here.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Knicks can trade Melo for some pick(s). Whatever we can do to get rid of him...A couple of teams to watch come draft day....

Timberwolves
Celtics
Knicks
Sixers

See these teams making major moves....

Reaction Score
Some sleeper picks who I think are going to have a nice NBA career;

Tyler Ulis (Kentucky)
Dejounte Murray (Washington)
Kris Dunn (Providence)
Domantas Sabonis (Gonzaga)
Malcolm Brogdon (Virgina)
Denzel Valentine (Michigan St.)

Reaction Score
Big Celtics fan here.

I 100% want them to trade the #3 pick and some other pieces to try to bring in a Jimmy Butler type player. I've also read about possibly trading their two picks later in the first round (16 and 23) plus some pieces for Jahlil Okafor, which I would be in favor of.

But if they can't make a deal and have to pick at #3, I'd rather see them swing for the fences and pick either Bender or Brown rather than the safer picks, Dunn or Murray. I'd also be OK with Hield, if they really want a shooter above all else.

Reaction Score

Tyler Ulis (Kentucky)
Kris Dunn (Providence)
Dunn isn't a sleeper, he's guaranteed top 7 and many mocks have him going #3.

Reaction Score

Tyler Ulis (Kentucky)
Kris Dunn (Providence)
The only real sleeper there is Brogdon

Reaction Score
Dunn isn't a sleeper, he's guaranteed top 7 and many mocks have him going #3.
Thanks for the heads up, I know buddy, I think he's going to be an all star in which many people don't think, that's what I am saying, going to be better than what people think....

Reaction Score
Big Celtics fan here.

I 100% want them to trade the #3 pick and some other pieces to try to bring in a Jimmy Butler type player. I've also read about possibly trading their two picks later in the first round (16 and 23) plus some pieces for Jahlil Okafor, which I would be in favor of.

But if they can't make a deal and have to pick at #3, I'd rather see them swing for the fences and pick either Bender or Brown rather than the safer picks, Dunn or Murray. I'd also be OK with Hield, if they really want a shooter above all else.
I would pick Brown or Dunn, I know they already have a lot of similar players like Brown and Dunn and that's part of the issue, Stevens looks for the same things I look for in players, very so on the same page, Smart and Bradley just haven't developed as much as we hoped.

I think Dunn is the next Westbrook, doesn't have the same explosion, but his game is very similar, if I were a Celtic fan I would be thrilled to take him, really good hard working kid...

Imagine Dunn falling to Wolves...

Dunn
Wiggins
Towns

I am a Knicks fan FYI...

Reaction Score
I would pick Brown or Dunn, I know they already have a lot of similar players like Brown and Dunn and that's part of the issue, Stevens looks for the same things I look for in players, very so on the same page, Smart and Bradley just haven't developed as much as we hoped.

I think Dunn is the next Westbrook, doesn't have the same explosion, but his game is very similar, if I were a Celtic fan I would be thrilled to take him, really good hard working kid...

Imagine Dunn falling to Wolves...

Dunn
Wiggins
Towns

I am a Knicks fan FYI...
I wouldn't hate it if they took Dunn, but at that point they need to move some guards. They have too many as it is between Thomas/Smart/Bradley/Rozier/Hunter/Young

If they take Dunn, I'd want Danny to try to put something together with the 16/23 picks and Marcus Smart

Reaction Score
Big Celtics fan here.

I think you package Bradley, #3, rozier, J. Young and MAYBBBEEEEE Olynyk for Butler. Bulls are in full on rebuild mode and Butler is notably disgruntled. Rose will be gone either this season via trade or via free agency in 2017, that competitive core they built is slowly disintegrating. Pau and Joakim are probably on the block too and would be a welcome addition to any trade with Boston for the right price. Pretty sure they're both making like 12m-15m/year.

Okafor is a unique player but boy do i hate his defense and rebounding. He would slow down the way the celtics play and I don't think that's worth the price of adding okafor. I'd prefer noel if philly would part ways with him.

I read that we have like 30m in cap space so lets hope if we can land butler (which seems like a real possibility) and throw some dollars at horford which will be an appealing foundation for KD!

Reaction Score
I think you package Bradley, #3, rozier, J. Young and MAYBBBEEEEE Olynyk for Butler. Bulls are in full on rebuild mode and Butler is notably disgruntled. Rose will be gone either this season via trade or via free agency in 2017, that competitive core they built is slowly disintegrating. Pau and Joakim are probably on the block too and would be a welcome addition to any trade with Boston for the right price. Pretty sure they're both making like 12m-15m/year.

Okafor is a unique player but boy do i hate his defense and rebounding. He would slow down the way the celtics play and I don't think that's worth the price of adding okafor. I'd prefer noel if philly would part ways with him.

I read that we have like 30m in cap space so lets hope if we can land butler (which seems like a real possibility) and throw some dollars at horford which will be an appealing foundation for KD!
Agreed, whoever is going to take Okafor will have to commit the franchise to him, only really one way to play the game with Okafor on the floor.

Reaction Score

I think the Bulls would move Butler, but they're not going to give him away for what amounts to #3 and Avery Bradley.

Prying him loose would probably take something like #3, Smart, Bradley, and Young. And personally I'd be more than fine with that. Then I think you go and offer Al Horford the max deal that no one else will give him, and all of a sudden your starting 5 is

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
Sully / Olynyk / Amir Johnson
Horford

That looks prettttttty good. Maybe even "Hey I'm Kevin Durant and I think I want to go play in Boston" good.

Reaction Score
Agreed, whoever is going to take Okafor will have to commit the franchise to him, only really one way to play the game with Okafor on the floor.

Yeah, and nobody is really playing the "dump-it-down-to-the-big-guy-for-a-drop-step-and-baby-hook" type offense anymore. He's not a good enough passer to kick it out of double teams. I would take him, but not for the price it would probably require.

Reaction Score
I think the Bulls would move Butler, but they're not going to give him away for what amounts to #3 and Avery Bradley.

Prying him loose would probably take something like #3, Smart, Bradley, and Young. And personally I'd be more than fine with that. Then I think you go and offer Al Horford the max deal that no one else will give him, and all of a sudden your starting 5 is

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
Horford

That looks prettttttty good. Maybe even "Hey I'm Kevin Durant and I think I want to go play in Boston" good.

I would throw in Smart if we could some swing for noah or pau. I still think smart is going to be a well above avg pg in the league when he hits his stride.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

There is no way Butler is worth that. Not even close. He's only a mild upgrade on Bradley as it is in my view. Overrated player.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
As a Celtics fan, I am looking forward to Danny doing something interesting. It won't be what you expect, whatever it is. He is stocked with picks, and solid young talent. He's also got cap space to bring in a free agent. If Dunn is the pick, he's either being traded or Smart is on the way out. But I think you'll see 4-5 moves from Ainge, totally reshaping the roster.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
OK so I don't really have a horse in the race as I don't closely follow the NBA. However, I do check in and a close friend of mine is a Knicks fan.

If you're the Knicks and either of the following deals were presented to you would you do either of them? Both? Neither?

Trade Scenario 1:

Knicks get: Brandon Knight, Alex Len, PJ Tucker, Archie Goodwin, and the No. 4 and No. 13 picks
Cavs get: Carmelo Anthony, Robin Lopez, Eric Bledsoe
Suns get: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Mo Williams, and Sasha Kaun

Trade Scenario 2:
Knicks get: Georgui Deng, Nikola Pekovic, Shabazz Muhammad, No. 5 pick.
Cavs get: Carmelo Anthony, Tyus Jones
Timberwolves get: Kevin Love

I think if I'm the Knicks I would do either deal. I think getting rid of Anthony now while he still has value is paramount. However if both were offered at the same time, I'd go with package from the Suns. Brandon Knight can be a big PG for them since that's what Phil likes. Goodwin can score and Len has some potential. I also think getting the extra lottery pick would be huge for the Knicks. If they could get a guy like Jaylen Brown at 4 and then maybe a guy like Sabonis at 13 that'd be huge for them.

Reaction Score
There is no way Butler is worth that. Not even close. He's only a mild upgrade on Bradley as it is in my view. Overrated player.

Butler averaged 21 5 and 5 this past year. He is significantly better and more versatile defensively than Bradley. Not to mention he's about 5 inches taller.

Reaction Score
OK so I don't really have a horse in the race as I don't closely follow the NBA. However, I do check in and a close friend of mine is a Knicks fan.

If you're the Knicks and either of the following deals were presented to you would you do either of them? Both? Neither?

Trade Scenario 1:

Knicks get: Brandon Knight, Alex Len, PJ Tucker, Archie Goodwin, and the No. 4 and No. 13 picks
Cavs get: Carmelo Anthony, Robin Lopez, Eric Bledsoe
Suns get: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Mo Williams, and Sasha Kaun

Trade Scenario 2:
Knicks get: Georgui Deng, Nikola Pekovic, Shabazz Muhammad, No. 5 pick.
Cavs get: Carmelo Anthony, Tyus Jones
Timberwolves get: Kevin Love

I think if I'm the Knicks I would do either deal. I think getting rid of Anthony now while he still has value is paramount. However if both were offered at the same time, I'd go with package from the Suns. Brandon Knight can be a big PG for them since that's what Phil likes. Goodwin can score and Len has some potential. I also think getting the extra lottery pick would be huge for the Knicks. If they could get a guy like Jaylen Brown at 4 and then maybe a guy like Sabonis at 13 that'd be huge for them.

The Knicks are currently an embarrassment, so really any trade offer that

A) gets rid of Carmelo
B) gets them back into the draft lottery, and
C) doesn't move Porzingis

is a great move for them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Butler averaged 21 5 and 5 this past year. He is significantly better and more versatile defensively than Bradley. Not to mention he's about 5 inches taller.

Since Bradley was named to the All Defensive First Team this year and Butler second team at the same position, I doubt that very much.

Butler averaged 20.4 per 36 minutes. Jimmy Butler
Bradley averaged 16.4 per 36 minutes. Avery Bradley

I am not saying Butler isn't better, but he's not that much better. I don't think Bradley goes in any package for him. Smart, sure, he's likely gone. The Celtics turned down the prior deal over Jae Crowder. They'd likely play Butler at SF with Bradley at SG.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Knicks can trade Melo for some pick(s). Whatever we can do to get rid of him...A couple of teams to watch come draft day....

Timberwolves
Celtics
Knicks
Sixers

See these teams making major moves....

I'm ok with trading Melo for picks (he has to agree to the trade though and I highly doubt that will happen), but it should either be for an established young talent OR for next years draft imo.

Reaction Score
Since Bradley was named to the All Defensive First Team this year and Butler second team at the same position, I doubt that very much.

Butler averaged 20.4 per 36 minutes. Jimmy Butler
Bradley averaged 16.4 per 36 minutes. Avery Bradley

I am not saying Butler isn't better, but he's not that much better. I don't think Bradley goes in any package for him. Smart, sure, he's likely gone. The Celtics turned down the prior deal over Jae Crowder. They'd likely play Butler at SF with Bradley at SG.

I would rather keep crowder as I think he is Butler lite (although that may not be saying much to you) in that he can defend multiple positions, hit the 3 at an acceptable clip (.336 on 5.0 attempts) , and he's on a really reasonable contract . I view Bradley as a 3 and D sg who is unlikely to get much better. Butler outpaces bradley in many advanced metrics including VORP (13.0 to 1.1), WS (35.5 to 11.3), and some other stuff. You can see the full list of stats below. I like bradley and if we can finagle a way to keep him and get butler, which seems unlikely, I would be totally down for that. But saying butler is not much better than bradley just seems flat out wrong in my humble opinion.

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Reaction Score

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
Horford

Sully is a FA and likely to get a pretty big contract. Idk what I would do with him, he's kinda got some stretch 4 capability, but if we can use him in a sign and trade for someone else, you have to explore that possibility too.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bradly is a good player but he's no jimmy butler. If the celts can get butler for smart and the third pick, they'd be robbing the Bulls.

I think that plus Kelly O, who a lot of GMs seem to think is going to develop more and is intriguing, plus a second rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom