NBA Draft tonight | The Boneyard

NBA Draft tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Don't even care what the knicks do. They'll screw it up somehow. Interesting to see if dragic gets traded. Would like to see the Pistons do well and the hornets get someone who won't take lambs time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I see boat going mid to late second round. I hope he gets drafted

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what happens with Boat. I just hope he finds a good situation, either via the draft or as an undrafted free agent. Best of luck Boat!

Reaction Score
Boat can be the last pick in the draft to the Clippers and I feel like he would take that happily. I might be wrong but I think that Ater Majok and Oriakhi were both taken with the last pick, maybe another former UConn guy too, anybody got some more?

Reaction Score
Hornets are just about a lock to take Big Frank the Tank. Being a charlotte fan, I cant say I'm extremely enthusiastic with the pick. He'll be an excellent pick and pop player, and hopefully his drop step that ranges 12-15 feet can become a "lethal" weapon against stretch fours. Having said that, he will become a liability on defense with these smaller lineups and clearly isn't the greatest athlete.
Their potential starting lineup is an extreme upgrade over last year (without any detrimental personalities) and can definitely see them becoming a top 5 seed in the east.

PG: Kemba
SG: Batum
SF: Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Frank the Tank
C: Big Al
6: Hawes
7: Lamb

But we might as well call it the Eastern Cavs for the next 4 years

Reaction Score
Boat can be the last pick in the draft to the Clippers and I feel like he would take that happily. I might be wrong but I think that Ater Majok and Oriakhi were both taken with the last pick, maybe another former UConn guy too, anybody got some more?

Both were late second round picks, but not the last pick as they went #57 and #58. Neither plays in the NBA,but then again they dont have Boat's heart.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Hornets are just about a lock to take Big Frank the Tank. Being a charlotte fan, I cant say I'm extremely enthusiastic with the pick. He'll be an excellent pick and pop player, and hopefully his drop step that ranges 12-15 feet can become a "lethal" weapon against stretch fours. Having said that, he will become a liability on defense with these smaller lineups and clearly isn't the greatest athlete.
Their potential starting lineup is an extreme upgrade over last year (without any detrimental personalities) and can definitely see them becoming a top 5 seed in the east.

I can see Frank being an effective NBA player if he works on a quicker release. I think if the coaching staff focuses on that he could be pretty nice. But then again you see guys like Horford who has a slow release still get a decent amount of good shots.

Reaction Score
I want to see Danny Ainge make a splash. He's been hoarding assets for the last 2 years and I hope now is the time to cash in either with Cousins or trade up for a top 5 pick.

Reaction Score
I want to see Danny Ainge make a splash. He's been hoarding assets for the last 2 years and I hope now is the time to cash in either with Cousins or trade up for a top 5 pick.
Some speculation that Ainge is shopping Smart of Cousins or a top 3 pick. There was a big article in Sunday's Globe touting Smart, weird timing. Yes it is about draft process, but Smart hasn't really done much yet and celebrating the pick and his skill is a bit premature - UNLESS it was a plant story to increase his value. Celtics know they need a superstar and a trade or top-5 pick is only way they are getting one. Chad Ford thinks Ainge likes Mudiay. Celtics don't have to make the big move now, but they've got about 1 season worth of fan patience left.

Reaction Score

I personally think the Hornets are looking to go big (unless someone falls that they can't pass up). They got rid of Vonleh, and are reportedly shopping Zeller and I believe Biyombo as well. I think Kaminksy would be an awesome fit for this team tbh. He should help a lot offensively to open up the floor for guys like Kemba (which has been totally clogged the last few years). On the other hand, I could see them going with defense/rim protection in a guy like Cauley-Stein since coach Clifford is a defense kind of guy. Furthermore, it is clear that these recent trades for Batum and Lamb suggest that they want to win now. So I'm hoping they take someone with a little more polish that isn't a total project (like the last two picks Zeller and Vonleh are/would have been).

If they take Booker like I've seen some project... they are complete morons. But nothing the Hornets do would surprise me because, well.... Adam Morrison.... Felton.... Sean May....:oops:

Reaction Score
pretty excited. I remember where ive watched the draft since the 2000 yao draft, which i watched on vaca in toronto.

do people really think kaminsky can step on an nba floor and be a starter? I just don't see it. I feel like there is no way in hell he can guard pick n rolls at the nba level ( having to string out, and stay in front of nba guards). the hornets already draft cody zeller two years ago who plays the same position (stretch big), however zeller is an active offensive rebounder and finisher when rolling to the basket.

If im charlotte, my big board is looking like this,
1. Mudiay
2. Hezonja

Those two you have to trade up for (denver two spots ahead seems ideal) , both fill need as backcourt is barren

3. WCS

should land in your lap

4.Tyus Jones

trading down and targeting tyus jones as a super back up would be nice, brian roberts stinks. Jones is a very good shooter and passer. almost like a better version of tyler ennis

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
If they take Booker like I've seen some project... they are complete morons
Totally disagree. They need shooting and Booker is going to be the best spot up shooter out of this draft.

Reaction Score
Totally disagree. They need shooting and Booker is going to be the best spot up shooter out of this draft.

I just think there are tons of guys who they can sign who can shoot. Other than shooting, Booker isn't particularly strong at anything else and would be a huge project. This draft is so deep that I think they can get more production/value out of someone at another position. I'd love for them to trade up, honestly.

They have PJ Hairston on the roster, who I think can be just about as good/the same as Booker, plus they signed Nicolas Batum and (allegedly/hopefully/I pray reports are actually true) Jeremy Lamb which should help their shooting woes.

PS I'm not going to defend that they should take Kaminsky. I don't know enough about him defensively on pick & rolls to make the assessment. I do think he will help offensively, and he is 7 feet tall, so there is that. I would rather them trade up, if possible, because there is some real talent in this draft.

Reaction Score
I see boat going mid to late second round. I hope he gets drafted
If he's going to go late in the second round then it's probably better if he's not drafted and he can be a free agent and pick which team he's the best fit for. He has a better chance of sticking with a team that way.

Reaction Score
Whomever the Hornets take it will be someone I hate.
Biymobo (over Andre I think)
Kidd Gilchrist
Zeller (puke)

I'm guessing it's Kaminsky, they seem to want to collect big white guys best suited for the college game.

Reaction Score
Whomever the Hornets take it will be someone I hate.
Biymobo (over Andre I think)
Kidd Gilchrist
Zeller (puke)

I'm guessing it's Kaminsky, they seem to want to collect big white guys best suited for the college game.

You're probably right. I don't see this being a favorable situation for them.

Biyombo - Huge head scratcher. I don't think every team had even heard of who the guy was and they traded up to get him at 7. They did, however, take Kemba at 9 that year as well. Biyombo is an OK rim protector who would have made a nice 2nd round pick.
MKG - Bobcats got HOSED by the lottery that year. Worst record in NBA history and they landed the 2nd pick and missed out on Anthony Davis. That draft was suspect, anyways ,but MKG has turned out to be a great defender and important piece to that team.
Zeller - Agree. He's OK, but I'm not sold on him yet as #4 pick.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas likes the length in the draft. Everybody have their 30 pks. of Busch lined up?

Reaction Score
Porzingis gotta be about 7'2" at least in shoes, he's towering over Towns and got at least an inch or 2 on Kaminsky

CIYLgnSWcAAnrNi.jpg

Reaction Score
Sixers did that out of spite they dont need any more big mans heck they didnt even do a workout with them. They probably will trade him to anyone not named the Knicks. The Lakers made the smart move picking Deangelo he is going to be a top 10 guard in 2 years tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom