NASL in Hartford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NASL in Hartford

Reaction Score
Looks like the supporters group has decided on a name... Agents of Hale. Sounds like a bad ABC TV show.....regardless. got this e-mail yesterday.
Hale, as in Nathan? If yes, perhaps a better effort than the plain vanilla, Hartford City FC or whatever the unimaginative, generic interim name was proposed. Even Rail Goat or whatever the baseball club picked may sell hats, shirts, etc. for its bizarre, minor league marketing potential, but there must be a better, more enticing middle ground for a new soccer club. In addition, why limit the name to Hartford unless the owners are realistic about only targeting Hartford and its suburbs and ruling out other areas in CT?

Reaction Score
Hale, as in Nathan? If yes, perhaps a better effort than the plain vanilla, Hartford City FC or whatever the unimaginative, generic interim name was proposed. Even Rail Goat or whatever the baseball club picked may sell hats, shirts, etc. for its bizarre, minor league marketing potential, but there must be a better, more enticing middle ground for a new soccer club. In addition, why limit the name to Hartford unless the owners are realistic about only targeting Hartford and its suburbs and ruling out other areas in CT?

It just seems to be the kind of name that is the flavor of the moment. Los Angeles Football Club, NYC FC, Orlando City FC. Orlando City has a nickname "The Lions". I guess they could use that as well. West Ham "Hammers", West Brom "Baggies", etc.

Reaction Score
And now we're getting Cosmos ads in the banners. Anyone else see those?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hartford Nutmeggers. Then the players would have to spend half of practice on nutmegging.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I got an e-mail from the Sons of Hale last night.

Reaction Score
So this is bad for hartford or indifferent?

I would think indifferent. It's not like they are limiting slots. It's not like the NASL in a position to say no to a team that has a stadium plan.

Also they wouldn't announce two new teams on the same day.

NASL's problem is that they can't find an owner for a team on the West Coast. If they don't have a team in each time zone then they could lose second division status. Which is like losing nothing.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Well the NASL will be losing Minnesota in '17 possibly? I don't know when Miami is joining but my guess is maybe Hartford will be taking their spot?

Also, what is a Miami team in NASL mean for the possible MLS Miami team??

Reaction Score
Well the NASL will be losing Minnesota in '17 possibly? I don't know when Miami is joining but my guess is maybe Hartford will be taking their spot?

Also, what is a Miami team in NASL mean for the possible MLS Miami team??

I think it means that MLS Miami is dead in the water OR the NASL is stupid and is setting itself up for failure OR the NASL really doesn't care what MLS does in Miami.

Beckham's Group really doesn't have their stuff wired together. Miami doesn't want to give them stadium money and they don't want to cede valuable space downtown which is where MLS wants to be.

Also, contractually, Beckham is only obligated to to pay $25 mil for expansion. MLS isn't going to let him in at that price unless they have an ironclad plan in place.

Minnesota is 2018. The Atlanta Silverbacks are going to have to move. NASL owns them, and it sounds like they may move them to Chicago.

Reaction Score
If the NASL ever poaches Sacramento from the USL watch out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Heard Peter Wilt, Indy 11's GM on Sirius yesterday he said another expansion announcement should be soon. Notice the 2017 on the crest. That's way more realistic.

Hartford City FC "The Colts".. that could work.

Peter Wilt has run a few soccer teams, most notably the Chicago Fire when they were actually good. Indy 11 has MLS aspirations but he made some good points about NASL's status. The whole connection with Traffic might not hurt the league all that much. He said that attendance and sponsorship across the board has increased and given the boom in lower divisions the market for Soccer Clubs is now a seller's market.

Reaction Score
Just got this today. UConn football season ticket holders are being offered discounted tickets for the Benefica v Florentina friendly at the Rent on Friday, July 24th. Doubt I will go because Red Bull arena, which is 30 minutes from my house, has games that week, too - Tuesday 7/21 PSG v Florentina, Wed 7/22 NY Red Bulls v Chelsea, Sat 7/26 Red Bulls v Benefica.

http://www.rentschlerfield.com/even...r?hq_e=el&hq_m=910390&hq_l=11&hq_v=be22a6674b

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just got this today. UConn football season ticket holders are being offered discounted tickets for the Benefica v Florentina friendly at the Rent on Friday, July 24th. Doubt I will go because Red Bull arena, which is 30 minutes from my house, has games that week, too - Tuesday 7/21 PSG v Florentina, Wed 7/22 NY Red Bulls v Chelsea, Sat 7/26 Red Bulls v Benefica.

http://www.rentschlerfield.com/even...r?hq_e=el&hq_m=910390&hq_l=11&hq_v=be22a6674b

Hey Conehead. Sorry this is two weeks late but I just saw this post. Is there a promo code or something for discounted Benfica/Fiorentina tickets? Not a fball season ticket holder as I just graduated this year. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom