Narduzzi explains why he withdrew | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Narduzzi explains why he withdrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I flew into TF Green from Columbus, OH once in 2004 (Had tickets to the Patriots' Day game). Much cheaper than Logan and considering traffic, about the same drive, time-wise, to my parents' house. My dad and I went to the game, watched part of the Marathon from Kenmore, and he drove me back down to Providence afterward. In retrospect the lower cost could have been due to the fact that I had to get back to my client in Columbus for work on Tuesday.

Yes, but we're talking about the need to connect from most airports. How many airports serve TF Green? 10 tops?

Reaction Score
This place is unbelievable. The guy is classy and doesn't bad mouth UCONN or Warde, we get a great coach, and people need to insult his manhood? $500K/year is nothing to sneeze at - especially if he is next in line at MSU.

If you guys were at MSU you'd be crucifying his as a money-grubbing POS if he left MSU to take the UCONN job.

Reaction Score
My only reply is Coach Narduzzi, who cares? UConn got their guy so why do you think anyone wants to know why you dropped out?

Reaction Score
This place is unbelievable. The guy is classy and doesn't bad mouth UCONN or Warde, we get a great coach, and people need to insult his manhood? $500K/year is nothing to sneeze at - especially if he is next in line at MSU.

If you guys were at MSU you'd be crucifying his as a money-grubbing POS if he left MSU to take the UCONN job.

I don't see anything wrong with calling a spade a spade. If that hurts Narduzzi's feelings he can find a new line of work out of the public eye that pays him that kind of dough.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes, but we're talking about the need to connect from most airports. How many airports serve TF Green? 10 tops?
How many serve Bradley directly? 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of another. I expect to connect on most flights out of Bradley nowadays, unless I'm flying to D.C. or Chicago.

Reaction Score
Thank God he didn't say he didn't take the job because we're in a lousy conference.

Reaction Score
I don't see anything wrong with calling a spade a spade. If that hurts Narduzzi's feelings he can find a new line of work out of the public eye that pays him that kind of dough.

Sounds like you are the one that has your feelings hurt that he didn't want this job. I couldn't care less.

Reaction Score
No. I'm just an idiot giving my opinion on a message board.

You have a long way to go to get to idiot status on here. Trust me, if there is anyone who knows what it takes to get idiot status, it's me. :rolleyes:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's just what I thought. He's a career #2 guy. I read these quotes if I'm an AD down the road.......he wouldn't even be on my list. He's Bud Foster/Tom Bradley. I'm not knocking him....there is no shame in riding someone's coattails to the tune of over $500k annually.

It's not even necessarily riding coat tails. Not everyone wants to be the head honcho. And as you said it's not a knock. Almost nice for Dantonio to know he has someone willing to be his #2 and not looking to bolt on a moments notice.

Reaction Score
Football scoop had something again today saying he was offered the job and turned it down over assistant pay. Im through with him. Whether it was assistant pay or fear over being a first time headcoach, whatever. We got our coach, glad hes happy being a part of the "best coaching staff in the country". I dont want want a guy who shows any hesitation. We got the right guy.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi thinks that it is his for the taking. Finds out that there is actually stiff competition, maybe he knows who it is. Two people set to see Herbst. Figures to save face and withdraws. He would not just walk away from probably $2.0 million.

Reaction Score

Thank you for the post. Quite a bit of very easy insight here. HE GOT SNOW BALLS!!! Very happy with the people he is surrounded with.
If they are that good how long will he have them?
I do understand all the positioning of the situation, with our conference etc. We are in need of a VERY POSITIVE leader, not a follower. For now I am giving Warde and Susie an A+ for our hire.........

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thank God he didn't say he didn't take the job because we're in a lousy conference.
Instead he says "My wife didn't wanna go..."

Okaaaaaay :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
How many serve Bradley directly? 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of another. I expect to connect on most flights out of Bradley nowadays, unless I'm flying to D.C. or Chicago.

Right, this is my point exactly. Since I most often visit New Haven, I don't bother with Bradley and instead just fly into LaGuardia.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason(s) narduzzi was ambivalent about the opportunity. Diaco wasn't. He says he went into the interview stating unequivocally that he wanted this job. We need the HFB coach to be all-in and passionate about what a great opportunity this is and how great it can be for players coming in and fans. Whether he is able to do everything we want him to do to turn this around he has the energy, passion and belief in the huskies. We need that in the worst way. I don't think Narduzzi's explanations are all that important and if they make MSU feel better about him - great. I personally think he just decided that there will be more opportunities out there and he would rather leave for one where the reward might be bigger (i.e. not money but more a HC job in a P-5 conference). I don't want someone coming in here hedging their bets. I don't think this is a huge slight against him but it's just not what we need right now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you are Warde... do you continue to pursue the guy who will cost you 2 Diacos? Is he worth that? Plenty of details we will never know while still fitting in with the fact that "Diaco was his #1 choice."

Reaction Score
For whatever reason(s) narduzzi was ambivalent about the opportunity. Diaco wasn't. He says he went into the interview stating unequivocally that he wanted this job. We need the HFB coach to be all-in and passionate about what a great opportunity this is and how great it can be for players coming in and fans. Whether he is able to do everything we want him to do to turn this around he has the energy, passion and belief in the huskies. We need that in the worst way. I don't think Narduzzi's explanations are all that important and if they make MSU feel better about him - great. I personally think he just decided that there will be more opportunities out there and he would rather leave for one where the reward might be bigger (i.e. not money but more a HC job in a P-5 conference). I don't want someone coming in here hedging their bets. I don't think this is a huge slight against him but it's just not what we need right now.
He knew that he would lose. Money talks nobody walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom