Naming Rights to the Rent? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Naming Rights to the Rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Waste Management Stadium... Any more seasons might be used as a toxic waste dump....

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Can you provide a little more info?
No hard evidence. Guys at the FD here during Pratt's heyday say trucks used to go dump 55 gal drums in the woods all the time... Like every night. I think though it was the parcel closer to Brewer street. The swampy area over there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No hard evidence. Guys at the FD here during Pratt's heyday say trucks used to go dump 55 gal drums in the woods all the time... Like every night. I think though it was the parcel closer to Brewer street. The swampy area over there.

Up until about 25-30 years ago 55 gallons per day would have been chump change for an industrial site with direct access to a swamp or Marsh.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Up until about 25-30 years ago 55 gallons per day would have been chump change for an industrial site with direct access to a swamp or Marsh.
There is a difference between hazardous waste and toxic waste. I doubt very highly that the ground soil tests came back totally negative and pristine. However, if there was unmitigated toxic waste at the Rentschler site, the stadium would not have been built there. To indicate that the stadium is built on a toxic waste dump is disingenuous at best.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's funny you bring that up. A few decades ago, the townsfolk were up in arms. They thought the stream going past the property was radioactive because it was glowing bright green. Turns out it was just florescent penetrant that Pratt dumped.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is a difference between hazardous waste and toxic waste.

I'm sure some here remember the original plan for Cabela's. It was supposed to be in a different spot and included a fishing pond. That all changed after the tests. Look, I don't know the threshold between hazardous and toxic, but I'm sure that if the soil was pristine, UTC doesn't donate the land.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'll be close to retirement age by the time P&W rights expire
Me too, assuming my plans of winnings the lottery come to fruition.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
They need publicity like, "UConn wins opener", "UConn outflanks Army", "UConn sinks Navy", "The fur flies as the Huskies and Tigers collide". "UConn's winning streak continues with a stunner over BYU", "Huskies claw #15 Cincinnati 29-17"
+ 1,000,000!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I could not possibly disagree more. This bit of news is probably the single biggest and most interesting bit of news to be announced by UConn for its football program since Pasqualoni was finally canned. The added parking acreage that could, potentially, provide room for an additional 10,000 fans points in the direction that UConn still believes in itself, its football program, and its chances at getting into a power conference. There is no need to expand the stadium while still playing in the AAC. The only reason to expand the stadium is if UConn gets into a power conference. The added land provided by UTC will now allow for the stadium to be expanded up to 50-55K.
Have you seen the "artwork" they're proposing though? Missed the mark, and a missed opportunity IMO. It could change though, so I'll give you that... Also, don't get me wrong I'm all for expansion and possibly getting into a P5 conference.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
At the very least, it is easier to tell Jim Delany and B1G leaders that we can expand the stadium by 10-15,000 seats when we now have the land needed to accompany the parking traffic (to go with the pre-constructed footings already put in place at the stadium itself to handle an expansion). This is exciting news indeed.
Anyone know exactly where these footing are, or how they would add onto the current Rent? Maybe another deck above the non-tower side/UConn sideline?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Really bored on this bye week, and took to re-designing the P&W Stadium logo (because I think the current one kinda blows for a stadium and that thrown together facade of stadium sells the facility, UConn and the state short IMO...), also did a mock-up with the front of the stadium. Check it out...

Rent Front copy.jpg

Reaction Score
Good but the logo on the left is the UTC logo. The PW logo is the one with the eagle. Oh, and you're missing the B1G logo on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom