Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not saying you...but there have been plenty of people on the BY over the last few days claiming the roster would be complete with an Alleyne commitment and Castle reclass.
The lineup would be complete. I think that's what people are saying. We're not going to play more than 8 guys except spot minutes here and there. I just line up expectations for minutes with what we've got. If no Castle, then yeah, we've got 20+ minutes for another guy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know about in terms of the starting lineup, but in crunch time I expect to see Jackson or Karaban at the 4, alongside 3 guards (3 out of Newton/Hawkins/Alleyne/Castle) and Sanogo.
All comes down to free throw shooting and whether we need to hold a lead or get a lead. Situational.

Reaction Score
Castle is not a done deal. We’re going hard after Ramey and Williams as contingency plans in case castle doesn’t reclass in September. If he happens to reclass then we’ll just have an embarrassment of riches. Win win

Reaction Score
Castle is not a done deal. We’re going hard after Ramey and Williams as contingency plans in case castle doesn’t reclass in September. If he happens to reclass then we’ll just have an embarrassment of riches. Win win
i agree going after ramey or williams is the smart move but i'd describe castle as the contingency plan. if either ramey or williams commit i'd be shocked if castle didnt stay in highschool until '23.

Reaction Score
He will not.
I’ll agree to disagree. Wonder why he wouldn’t transfer then if it’s just not a possibility. I get loving the school, but at some point, after 3 years, you’d figure a competitor would want to play. He certainly could drop down a level and be a contributor, i’d say.

Reaction Score
i agree going after ramey or williams is the smart move but i'd describe castle as the contingency plan. if either ramey or williams commit i'd be shocked if castle didnt stay in highschool until '23.
Not sure why Castle would let Ramy or Williams influence him. He's not a 4 year guy anyway, so even if he comes in and plays 15 mpg as a reclassed freshman, he may prefer to do that than stay in high school another year.

Reaction Score
Not sure why Castle would let Ramy or Williams influence him. He's not a 4 year guy anyway, so even if he comes in and plays 15 mpg as a reclassed freshman, he may prefer to do that than stay in high school another year.

A kid as talented as him rightfully has an ego the size of Olympus. He is going absolutely nowhere expecting to play 15mpg unless it's the league.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A kid as talented as him rightfully has an ego the size of Olympus. He is going absolutely nowhere expecting to play 15mpg unless it's the league.
Playing behind a close friend for what would be his high school senior year might soften the blow.

Reaction Score
Not sure that is the case here. Doesn't seem like that type of kid and his father's recent tweets suggest his family understands that nothing is handed to you at the college level. He is obviously rated pretty highly, but not like he is a lock lottery pick or anything. I think 15 mpg would be more than fair for him next year with the potential to play himself into a bigger role.

Reaction Score
Playing behind a close friend for what would be his high school senior year might soften the blow.

Why would he play behind Alleyne? If Castle is better he will play and start unless there is a team benefit of Castle coming off the bench like Kemba did in 2009 post Dyson injury with Austrie starting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tom Petty Waiting GIF

Reaction Score
Ramey/Williams are not contingency plans for Castle reclassifying. Anyone who says that is talking out of their a__

Reaction Score
Why would he play behind Alleyne? If Castle is better he will play and start unless there is a team benefit of Castle coming off the bench like Kemba did in 2009 post Dyson injury with Austrie starting.
He'll be 4 years younger than Alleyne in pre-season practice. Alleyne is a 3 year high major starter. Castle is a top 25-50 guy in 2023, not a top 5 guy in 2022 ... there is a big difference. There is little chance he will be better right from the jump, but he'll likely be good enough to get decent minutes.

Reaction Score
Alleyne is a 3 year high major starter.
Was second on VT with 31.1 mpg last season. doubt he hits that here but it'll be around ~25mpg.

Reaction Score
He'll be 4 years younger than Alleyne in pre-season practice. Alleyne is a 3 year high major starter. Castle is a top 25-50 guy in 2023, not a top 5 guy in 2022 ... there is a big difference. There is little chance he will be better right from the jump, but he'll likely be good enough to get decent minutes.
People just watched 3 top 60 recruits fail to give us anything as freshman and now think you can assume Castle can skip a grade and come in and play 25 minutes. Delusional.

Reaction Score
People just watched 3 top 60 recruits fail to give us anything as freshman and now think you can assume Castle can skip a grade and come in and play 25 minutes. Delusional.
Diggins shouda been closer to 200

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom