Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday

Reaction Score
Ramey met Tyrese and RJ (and Fatts) at the PIT.
I may be naive, but I feel like Nahiem is the perfect fringe starter/first off bench, who will be accepting of a starting role, or also understanding of 20 a game if Ramey comes here. Neither will be scared of one another

Reaction Score
I may be naive, but I feel like Nahiem is the perfect fringe starter/first off bench, who will be accepting of a starting role, or also understanding of 20 a game if Ramey comes here. Neither will be scared of one another
I think I agree with the fact his family is close with Castle and he would have two years to Ramey’s one. The first guard off the bench will have a crack at some good minutes. This is, of course, if Castle doesn’t reclass. If he does reclass then theres too many cooks in the kitchen

Reaction Score
Ramey isn't coming.. I expect Alleyne to commit today, the final piece will be a developmental kid, wing I would hope.. Perhaps an under the radar 6'7'-6'8" springy kid with upside.

If the Castle reclass happens that's even better..

I think after today the main pieces of the roster will be in place, then the fun begins.

Reaction Score
Ramey isn't coming.. I expect Alleyne to commit today, the final piece will be a developmental kid, wing I would hope.. Perhaps an under the radar 6'7'-6'8" springy kid with upside.

I think after today the main pieces of the roster will be in place, then the fun begins.
The math though would not add up..

We lost 5 guards and so far have added only 1

Reaction Score

Guards #3, 4, and 5 didn’t even play any minutes. You cannot have 3-4 backup guards on the bench who all expect big minutes. If Castle reclasses we are pretty much out of minutes with him and Alleyne coming off the bench. We want our top options to play as much as possible. I don’t want to give backup guard #4 minutes because that means less minutes for our best players.

Reaction Score
Have to think the timing bodes well for us. If so, kudos to Hurley for his work in the portal this year.

Reaction Score
Guards #3, 4, and 5 didn’t even play any minutes. You cannot have 3-4 backup guards on the bench who all expect big minutes. If Castle reclasses we are pretty much out of minutes with him and Alleyne coming off the bench. We want our top options to play as much as possible. I don’t want to give backup guard #4 minutes because that means less minutes for our best players.
So you think we are going into the season with only 9-10 players on scholarship? I highly doubt that especially if we have injuries, covid 19, etc. It was stated in an article that we would have 4 more players added after Newton transfer. Also, if we play small ball we will need at least 5 guards to rotate out not including Jackson if he plays some 4 as some have stated on here. Either way I see us filling at least 12 slots which would mean 3 more after Alleyne.

Reaction Score
I hear all that, I just don't see it. ESPECIALLY if the Castle reclass happens.

Reaction Score
I would like for a Rudi Williams to accept a role on a potentially very good team even after Alleyne. I mean adding a 45% shooter as a big piece would be a nice impact to this roster.

A lot now depends on Castles plans though!

Reaction Score
So you think we are going into the season with only 9-10 players on scholarship? I highly doubt that especially if we have injuries, covid 19, etc. It was stated in an article that we would have 4 more players added after Newton transfer. Also, if we play small ball we will need at least 5 guards to rotate out not including Jackson if he plays some 4 as some have stated on here. Either way I see us filling at least 12 slots which would mean 3 more after Alleyne.
You’re not convincing a very good player like a Newton or Alleyne to come here and ride the bench to play only 5 MPG. The quality of depth we get will be developmental guys who are fine with sitting. You think we’re gonna run a rotation of 12 guys?? Good luck with that.

The rotation will be set in stone if Castle reclasses

G: Newton/Alleyne/Castle/Hawkins/Jackson
F: Sanogo/Karaban/Johnson/Clingan

That’s 100% of the minutes

Reaction Score

You're not counting replacements on the roster already.

Lost: pg starter, sg starter, 1 ineffective backup pg, even worse freshmen pg, and unknown redshirt guard

Gained: pg starter (Newton), sg starter (Hawkins),

Need: backup 2G (alleyne pending), backup pg (Castle?)

Would be nice: extra developmental guard

Reaction Score
You’re not convincing a very good player like a Newton or Alleyne to come here and ride the bench to play only 5 MPG. The quality of depth we get will be developmental guys who are fine with sitting. You think we’re gonna run a rotation of 12 guys?? Good luck with that.

I think Richie may get some run.

Reaction Score

So by “fun” you mean waiting for months and months until basketball is back?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

That’s 5 guys in the guard rotation, which means an average of about 25 mpg per guy (assuming 3 guards and 2 forwards). 6 guys would mean 20 mpg per guy (prob a little more if some of Jackson’s minutes come at the 4). 20 mpg is low for Jackson, Hawkins and Newton, and a guy like Ramey if he comes. So, 5 guard rotation probably makes the most sense.

Reaction Score
That’s 5 guys in the guard rotation, which means an average of about 25 mpg per guy (assuming 3 guards and 2 forwards). 6 guys would mean 20 mpg per guy (prob a little more if some of Jackson’s minutes come at the 4). 20 mpg is low for Jackson, Hawkins and Newton, and a guy like Ramey if he comes. So, 5 guard rotation probably makes the most sense.
Exactly, which is why we will be maxed out at the guard spot with Alleyne and Castle. Idk why people think we can get those 2 and then bring in an additional 1 or 2 guards and play all of them lmao

Reaction Score
Exactly, which is why we will be maxed out at the guard spot with Alleyne and Castle. Idk why people think we can get those 2 and then bring in an additional 1 or 2 guards and play all of them lmao
I don't think they'll all play, but I don't think we're gonna sit on 4 open scholarships until the summer when Castle makes his decision on a reclass. Especially when the staff is still pushing to get visits from guards after Alleyne

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think they'll all play, but I don't think we're gonna sit on 4 open scholarships until the summer when Castle makes his decision on a reclass. Especially when the staff is still pushing to get visits from guards after Alleyne
Are they still pushing, or will those visits be cancelled after Alleyne commits? As we saw with other guys when Newton committed. And with Diggins' visit to Penn State as well. After today, if it goes as expected, I think we will shift focus to developmental bench players. Mostly freshmen who played well at small schools and want to step up a level. Now, if Castle isn't coming then yes, we'd need another contributor. But the Alleyne connection to Castle makes me more confident he's coming early.

Reaction Score
Are they still pushing, or will those visits be cancelled after Alleyne commits? As we saw with other guys when Newton committed. And with Diggins' visit to Penn State as well. After today, if it goes as expected, I think we will shift focus to developmental bench players. Mostly freshmen who played well at small schools and want to step up a level. Now, if Castle isn't coming then yes, we'd need another contributor. But the Alleyne connection to Castle makes me more confident he's coming early.
That's fair, the players could definitely change their mind and not want to visit anymore. But I don't think that should stop UConn from pursuing them. I personally wouldn't feel all that confident going into next year with all of the last 3 scholarships being on developmental guys

Reaction Score
I've heard once Alleyne commits today we will still be going after Rudi Williams from Coastal . He would be an awesome piece to have come off the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom