Mulkey to LSU | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Mulkey to LSU

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow! To me this seems even bigger than Vic to Texas. Hard to think of many bigger coaching moves in wcbb history.

:rolleyes: I have a sneaking suspicion Mulkey and Staley are gonna butt heads sooner than later. Get the popcorn.
There's no doubt it's bigger than Vic to Texas. While Vic's success in taking a program from nothing to two consecutive national title games within 7 years was astounding, Mulkey has 3 national titles to her name, now tied with Tara for 2nd among active coaches only behind Geno's 11.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
This will be fun to see how fast she fills out her roster and rebuilds the program.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's no doubt it's bigger than Vic to Texas. While Vic's success in taking a program from nothing to two consecutive national title games within 7 years was astounding, Mulkey has 3 national titles to her name, now tied with Tara for 2nd among active coaches only behind Geno's 11.
Yeah, I'm just not coming up w/ much in the way of blockbuster coaching changes throughout all of wcbb history. GG from Duke to Texas seemed like a really big deal at the time, although it didn't work out. I don't think Tara was all that well established when she moved to Stanford. I just can't come up with much.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I'll be the last to remain. My love for MSU is strong.
FWIW, I believe you.
Sometimes the most vocally harsh critics are also the most loyal.
Only respect.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here we go! Threads on Transfers and Coaching Search will be buzzin' this week!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm just not coming up w/ much in the way of blockbuster coaching changes throughout all of wcbb history. GG from Duke to Texas seemed like a really big deal at the time, although it didn't work out. I don't think Tara was all that well established when she moved to Stanford. I just can't come up with much.
There have been few P5 to P5 HC moves, period. Here's what I can think of:
  • Kim from Baylor to LSU
  • Tara from OhioSt to Stanford
  • Nikki Fargas from UCLA to LSU
  • Mike Neighbors from Wash to Ark
  • Kevin McGuff from Wash to OhioSt
  • Vic from Miss St to Texas
  • Gary Blair from Ark to TAMU
  • Jim Foster from Vandy to Ohio St
  • KBA from St Johns to Michigan
  • CVS from Iowa to Rutgers
  • T Gresenz from Rutgers to Illinois
  • Brenda Frese from Minn to Md
  • Marlene Stollings from Minn to TexTech
  • Kristy Curry from Purdue to Texas Tech
  • Kristy Curry from Texas Tech to Alabama
  • GG from Duke to Texas
  • JPM from Michigan St to Duke

Reaction Score
I still can't believe all of this is real. Just a month ago, I thought LSU was having to deal with Fargas for another year and now we get this.
I need me some crawfish and alcohol to celebrate this lol.

Reaction Score
More transfers about to occur
I'm sure Baylor players are already getting calls. Not officially of course, but pretty easy to say "hey, player X, arent you friends with Nalyssa Smith? why don't you text her ...."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I'll be the last to remain. My love for MSU is strong.

Considering Miss State has never won anything in any sport ever... it has to be love. :D

Reaction Score
LSU had 6 frosh this past year. Any of them any good? If not, they should be polishing up their resumes bc I think they're about to get bus tickets.
Current roster has 13 players + 3 taking an extra year + 2 walkons. So two open slots.
Kim gonna need some room.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Considering Miss State has never won anything in any sport ever... it has to be love. :D

That's what gives me hope, actually. Hope we can win some in women's basketball, baseball, men's and women's disc golf, and women's golf. Currently the sports where we have a chance. Altho women's golf is one of Duke's strongest sports if I remember correctly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom