Mulkey to LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mulkey to LSU

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
All because she unfollowed her on social media? Some deep investigators here lol
Nalyssa didn’t unfollow Kim on social media. Someone (women’s hoops) started that without making an accurate check. Nalyssa’s mom jumped in and chewed someone out, but deleted her post after about 15 min or so.

Reaction Score
I’ll be interested in whatever the number is. That tells me whether she was motivated by money or motivated by getting back to Louisiana.
it's possible to want something but still drive a hard bargain

Reaction Score
Nalyssa didn’t unfollow Kim on social media. Someone (women’s hoops) started that without making an accurate check. Nalyssa’s mom jumped in and chewed someone out, but deleted her post after about 15 min or so.
Well regardless of Kim left or not for LSU, I find that info irrelevant. Players follow and unfollow coaches all the time. But people don’t know any of the details behind the scenes so they try to make sense of what they can.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Once again, a tip o' the turban to those Boneyard bloodhounds that "sniffed" this story out and called it. Now...................... let's see if Kim takes any of her players with her like Marisa Mosley did going from Boston Univ to Wisconsin. :eek: What's the over/under on how long it takes Kim to turn LSU into a powerhouse top 5 program as she did at Baylor?

Recruits commit to the coach, not the school........."technically" speaking. For example, do recruits come to UConn for UConn, or do they come to UConn because they want to play for Geno? Same difference. If Kim could draw them to Baylor, she'll have no trouble getting them to go to LSU (if in fact she does leave). I expect her to take her entire staff along. If she is leaving, her staff has probably already begun to contact players in the transfer portal.

THIS JUST IN.....................Don't be surprised if Mulkey puts on a full court press for Cardoso. Kamilla has not announced a decision yet (that we know of), so she's still fair game. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
200.gif

Reaction Score
Just to get the geography straight, Ruston is in extreme north central Louisiana and is about 225 miles, depending how you go, from Baton Rouge. I live 70 miles from Ruston. We're on the other end of the state from Baton Rouge. Going to Baton Rouge doesn't put her any closer to Ruston because Waco is only a little more than 300 miles from here. I imagine she still has friends in Ruston, Leon Barmore and others, but her daughter is on her staff at Baylor and her son plays in the Cardinals organization. What it would do is put her closer to Hammond where she played high school ball. I watched her play my last year at Tech when she came in as a freshman. Later, I sat back and watched things play out when she went to Baylor because Tech only offered her a four year contract instead of the five she wanted. Tech botched it and they know it. She's not stupid and I can guarantee you such a move, if she makes it, would be well thought out. Those of you who love to speculate, remember to do your homework.
I didn’t even make that post so not sure why im quoted...

The bottom portion I did

Reaction Score
I didn’t even make that post so not sure why im quoted...

The bottom portion I did
It shows on my computer as your post. And I hit the reply for that post. But, I'll take your word for it and will delete it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if this happens but stranger this have in the sport before. I know Louisiana is home for Kim but she's built one of the top programs in America at Baylor and to get that going at LSU would take a few years. She would be at worst a top 10 team next year at Baylor and in contention for a conference title. LSU has a much steeper hill to climb.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if this happens but stranger this have in the sport before. I know Louisiana is home for Kim but she's built one of the top programs in America at Baylor and to get that going at LSU would take a few years. She would be at worst a top 10 team next year at Baylor and in contention for a conference title. LSU has a much steeper hill to climb.
Um, it's a bit ironic of the assessment coming from an MSU fan who just lived EXACTLY the same aspect of Vic leaving a top 10 team to take on a rebuilding effort at Texas by "going home" and taking his daughter with him to groom. Plus he's a year older than Kim (March 1961 vs. May 1962). Given Kim's ability to draw in transfers, I am not so sure this is "steep" hill at all. And let's be honest, the SEC is not as mighty as it once was. It has SC and a bunch maybe's in A&M, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and teams trying to build back up again either after graduations or lulls in talent-Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Vandy and your beloved MSU. Heck I would expect her to finish middle of the pack with this current team if she were to bolt to Baton Rouge...

Reaction Score
Um, it's a bit ironic of the assessment coming from an MSU fan who just lived EXACTLY the same aspect of Vic leaving a top 10 team to take on a rebuilding effort at Texas by "going home" and taking his daughter with him to groom. Plus he's a year older than Kim (March 1961 vs. May 1962). Given Kim's ability to draw in transfers, I am not so sure this is "steep" hill at all. And let's be honest, the SEC is not as mighty as it once was. It has SC and a bunch maybe's in A&M, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and teams trying to build back up again either after graduations or lulls in talent-Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Missouri, Vandy and your beloved MSU. Heck I would expect her to finish middle of the pack with this current team if she were to bolt to Baton Rouge...
While very successful at MSU Vic didn't have 3 NCs and 21 years with us. Additionally TX is a far better and more resourceful school than MSU. Baylor has put more resources into basketball than LSU and has a much better track record. LSU has been stuck in mediocrity for years and has shown no willingness to get out of it. It's arguable that TX under Aston was in a better spot than LSU with Fargas.

When I say steep I'm not saying LSU will be in the bottom of the conference if she comes. They won't, but she would be at worst 2nd in the conference at Baylor with her roster there. LSU would take a few years to get going.

I was a little surprised Vic left for Austin rather than wait on Blair at A&M to retire but Mulkey to LSU would be more of a surprising move given the length of her Baylor tenure and success.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. LSU would have a huge pipeline of talent to choose from in Texas with Mulkey. It won't be longer than 2 years when we will see LSU trending up. Plus the transfer portal.

Oh and LSU has the resources to match Baylor's. If they are serious about women's basketball. The resources is there.

Now I'm speaking as if Mulkey would take the offer. I'm still not sure it will happen until.... It happens. Or of course don't happen.

Reaction Score
Is it known what time today an announcement will be made?

Reaction Score
Is it known what time today an announcement will be made?
I think the first question is IF an announcement will be made. Then, if it's today. Then, what time. ;)

Reaction Score
Only my opinion but...why would she leave unless the dollar figure offer is so great she can’t refuse...but Baylor would likely match the offer plus a bit more.

Reaction Score
but Mulkey to LSU would be more of a surprising move given the length of her Baylor tenure and success.
I could see LSU hitting the ground running under Mulkey especially with how much movement there is in the game, I mean look at what Kara has assembled through transfers. Plus maybe Janiah Barker from the immediate HS class, as Florida is definitely within LSU's former recruiting territory. Plus '23 in-stater Mikayla Williams is an outstanding talent.

Reaction Score
Only my opinion but...why would she leave unless the dollar figure offer is so great she can’t refuse...but Baylor would likely match the offer plus a bit more.
A move like this would be for reasons other than money. That said, money if LSU wants to spend it won't be an issue.

Reaction Score

I can see why Mulkey might be attracted to the new challenge. Like she said, the timing is intriguing. LSU paid Nikki a million which at the time was a really huge figure for a coach still consider up-and-coming, so I was guessing there would also be a financial incentive, something making her the highest paid WCBB coach and not something Baylor would easily match.

Reaction Score
Nikki wasn’t the best, but she did make the post season 6 times at LSU. The last time the job was open, Mulkey had Griner so of course she wasn’t going to leave. I’m not sure if she will head to LSU, but this time around if she did make the move it would make sense.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Kim has stated she is a Louisiana girl and Louisiana girls always go back home. Do not negate the draw to go back home were she grew up and her children were born.

And one more fact, her son played baseball at LSU.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Kim has stated she is a Louisiana girl and Louisiana girls always go back home. Do not negate the draw to go back home were she grew up and her children were born.

And one more fact, her son played baseball at LSU.
Or, maybe she's made and banked enough money and is at a point in her life where going home is a priority, and she welcomes a new start with a program.

Reaction Score
According to many sources at LSU, Nikki still hasn’t resigned
These media outlets for LSU are so annoying. Them and their sources lol especially for football. I do rely on Blake at AYS the most though for football.

Reaction Score
These media outlets for LSU are so annoying. Them and their sources lol especially for football. I do rely on Blake at AYS the most though for football.
Kim is working to get a raise and Nikki is trying to steal as much money as possible. Combined together is creating this mess :rolleyes:

the end result for LSU doesn’t look promising right now

Reaction Score
Kim is working to get a raise and Nikki is trying to steal as much money as possible. Combined together is creating this mess :rolleyes:

the end result for LSU doesn’t look promising right now
We gonna mess around and end up with Holly Warlick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom