Muffet Tweet | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Geez Louise, folks make it sound like there was a bench clearing brawl.

Was it ok? No. Absolutely not.

But it sounds like some folks won't be satisfied until they get a handwritten apology note in the mail.
It might have been -- EXCEPT UCONN is too CLassy

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Geno un-recruited her and announced it in typical Auriemma fashion. Just guessing that pairing would not have been a marriage made in heaven- short honeymoon. Or, as my Father used to say: “the honeymoon is the short period of time between I do, and you’d better”.

Not true. She didn't want UConn.

Reaction Score
Very nice Muffet but how did you let this happen in the first place. Obviously your player didn’t take you seriously or you didn’t emphasize it until the scrutiny you find yourself under NOW.
Muffet should have pull her out of game and sat her on the bench for the rest of the game if she thought it was deliberate and as for arguing with Ref and Geno that was just uncalled for, any coach should pull a player that is riled by either a coach or ref.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You would value such a response?! Sorry, but you just embarrassed yourself.

Funny, I don't feel embarrassed. In fact I would have laughed my a** off. Obviously you have zero sense of humor.

Reaction Score
The best way to deal with Muffet and ND is to beat there a#s every time. That is the best retaliation. I like how UConn held its poise and carried themselves like champions.

As for Muffet and ND, they deserve our scorn as well as their own fans' scorn. No respect here.

Do not expect any change from ND in their on court behavior. This type of physical play is acceptable in the eyes of the Irish coach. It has been going on for a long time. So it will continue. If Muffet is truly sorrow for the behavior, Arike would have been suspended by now.

I'm glad that neither Chrystal nor Christyn were hurt by Arike's actions.

!@HUSKYNUT-now this is a post I can agree with. Beating a very good ND team on their very difficult to play on HOME Court is as good as it gets.
*['m sorry for this but Muffet would be foolish to suspend AO unless forced to do so.
AO is about 80 percent of her offense. If she wants to win Muffet has to dance with the girl that brung her, like it or not. If mean one meaningless game, why?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind ending the series. I mean look at how our games with them at their arena is like the biggest thing in the world. We help them in recruiting by building their brand and visibility. I think if we stop playing them and build other rivalries I think other programs can succeed and potentiallly Take some of the recruiting luster away from ND. Recruiting is the life line of a program. ND got to where it is because of the Big East and the rivalry with UCONN. I think Tennessee has lost some of its brand from not playing UConn. Just my opinion
Come on UCONN, leave the ND "FIGHTING" Irish & let's get a home-away series started up with Oregon State. Coach Rueck and his team practice great sportsmanship, and, play a pretty good game of basketball!

Reaction Score
Muffet should have pull her out of game and sat her on the bench for the rest of the game if she thought it was deliberate and as for arguing with Ref and Geno that was just uncalled for, any coach should pull a player that is riled by either a coach or ref.

Would Vic have sat Itty Bitty or Vivian's for anything the last time Uconn played them?
AO is that important to Muffet scheme of playing. I don't think Muffet disagreed with any of AO's actions.

Reaction Score
Come on UCONN, leave the ND "FIGHTING" Irish & let's get a home-away series started up with Oregon State. Coach Rueck and his team practice great sportsmanship, and, play a pretty good game of basketball!

Except for the logistics of coast to coast what makes you think Geno didn't make that offer; Geno tends to OOC the best teams preparing to meet them in March/April.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I miss Taurasi. She would have returned their inappropriate gestures and added a few of her own.

Seconded and thirded. She would have also trashed talked them into submission. Both before and after nailing a dagger on the court.

Reaction Score
I have been with the Boneyard for 3 years, and I don't remember a topic that got this much coverage. I hope that MM personally contacted Geno & apologized. I hope that AO personally contacted CD and apologized. If those two acts didn't happen, then I find these ND tweets empty. The sad part about this is that the ND teammates of AO get brushed with the same unsportsmanlike brush.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Scoop: you are usually hard to disagree with but --I think ending the series is a wrong move. Geno waited forever and never got the UT apology he wanted, yet he is willingly playing UT again. That game was a rough game; many games with ND are almost for blood. If you recall Maya's final game --if that didn't end the series this last contest shouldn't either.
The game was hard fought and in the view (excluding Dangers/AO's incounter)
and not much more than we saw in the Stef Dolson era.
A.O. was way out of line in 2 maybe 3 instances--I don't put her behavior on the whole team. Uconn will face a lot of physical play trying to get one of the 6 in foul trouble knowing the team must then be less aggressive (ND's game plan). You can't stop playing all. I don't support that Uconn start choking or punching or driving to hurt that isn't the game I love. But don't hang the whole ND group for one or 2.

Exactly. The sport as a whole had a huge void in it for years when the UCONN TN rivalry was cancelled by a bitter TN came to an end. UCONN/TN pulled strong national ratings every time out, a marquee game for ESPN sports in general, not just WCBB. I don't know about the TV numbers for UCONN/ND currently, but I'm hoping the game goes to that level at some point.

Right now, ND UCONN is approaching this level of 'hatred'. The poor sportsmanship and 'unnecessary roughness' in the place of toughness only adds fuel to the fire (I welcome it in a weird way).

The thing about TN is they rarely showed that lack of class (on the court) that ND has displayed. They played tough as hell, but didn't turn dirty, outside of the rare play that happens in these sort of contests.

WCBB seems to struggle a bit more striking that balance than MCBB. Not sure why. You don't usually find 'dirty' teams in MCBB. But I can think of past women's teams like Georgetown, Syracuse, ND and maybe a few others who took toughness to the level of dirty play. Coaches who seem to strike the right balance more often than not would be people like Mulkey or Jeff Walz.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Would Vic have sat Itty Bitty or Vivian's for anything the last time Uconn played them?

I have never seen either of them behave like that. As far as I can remember, I’ve never seen one of Vic’s players behave the way Ogunbowale did, and I watch probably 10 or so of their games a year. It’s quite possible that he’s made clear that such behavior won’t be tolerated.

I have seen Vic bench players for prolonged periods, including William, for missing defensive assignments.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thing about TN is they rarely showed that lack of class (on the court) that ND has displayed. They played tough as hell, but didn't turn dirty, outside of the rare play that happens in these sort of contests.
Absolutely. Michelle Snow got a T in a game against the Huskies once and got benched pronto, with Pat staring holes in her back as Snow walked to the end of the bench. Snow didn't even throw an elbow or anything, she "celebrated" a UConn foul by spiking the ball on the court. Pat never put up with a lack of discipline on her teams.

Reaction Score
who needs apologies......................hopefully UConn meets up with ND again in the semi-finals and wipes them out for the second time.............these things have a way of taking care of themselves..........

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Muffet McGraw has blocked Breanna Stewart on Twitter. This is getting ugly. What did Stewie do to her?

1544022033565.png

Reaction Score
I have never seen either of them behave like that. As far as I can remember, I’ve never seen one of Vic’s players behave the way Ogunbowale did, and I watch probably 10 or so of their games a year. It’s quite possible that he’s made clear that such behavior won’t be tolerated.

I have seen Vic bench players for prolonged periods, including William, for missing defensive assignments.
@Bigfoot: Vic's team to my knowledge never played to hurt. BUT--that wasn't the question! It was hypothetical: Read what you cut and pasted.
Had Viv or Itty Bitty or both done the AO thing would Vic have sat them during the last Uconn/Ms St encounter. I seriously doubt that: He needed both to win. Muffet Needs AO to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom