Muffet Tweet | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't like answering hypotheticals, but since you insist: yes, I think Vic would sit anyone who played dirty.
Even at the Potential cost of a Half a Million dollar bonus???? Seriously?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jewel doesn’t follow most of MM, NDWBB, or other significant ND players on Twitter. Seems like someone was a bit mad Jewel left early
I believe Jewel was the one who said it was difficult going there while being a black student-athlete. Not surprised she had no regrets about leaving early, but I do think it's sad that Muffet wasn't able to forge a better relationship with one of the best players to come out of ND.

Reaction Score
Correct - only two on Danger. The other incident was on Williams. Williams drove past AO into the lane, jumped up for the shot. As Williams reached her apex, AO came in and undercut Williams, sending her to the floor. Didn't catch it live but it was clear on the replay.

We should always be able to have a discussion on our favorite topic and disagree agreeably.
Yes I now recall that one--AO used her posterior and back to undercut.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

God, what an awful article by D`Arcy Maine.

Reveling in "all the petty, all the hate, all the controversy, all the drama" - saying it gives the game "extra sizzle".

Also notes in the same vein that "getting casual fans talking also helps expand the game`s reach".

So, that`s the ticket, turn high level WCBB into a cheap reality TV show. Gotta get those ratings! Losing subscribers by the millions, I can see why someone from ESPN would be concerned about that.

She notes that female athletes are often lauded for being role models, but "they can be more than that." Are you sure you didn`t mean LESS than that?

"They can be a role model and someone who`s willing to get fired up, talk trash, and even throw a dirty elbow every now and then."

I`ll tell you who was fired up. Christyn Williams was fired up. She wasn`t the one who thought 2018-2019 was going to be a victory lap.

Taurasi talked trash, Kia talked trash. Lou can talk some trash as well. I`m ok with that. But dropping f-bombs on the opposing coach doesn`t qualify, sorry.

Throw a dirty elbow every now and then? How about an undercut, a clothesline, and a trip/shove? Is within about a five minute stretch of a game that has gotten away qualify as "every now and then"? What would you be saying if someone was seriously injured?

All the focus appears to be on the fake apologies to ND supporters only, twitter blocking, loss of "poise". (Double dribbling would show lack of poise, not trying to upend an opponent.) Frustrated that not more attention on the dangerous play, and disturbed than an ESPN writer would seemingly condone and arguably encourage it.

Don`t expect anything more from Notre Dame about this, ESPN has their back. And if our beloved ESPN announcers got the memo, don`t expect anything from them either.

Last edited:

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Correct - only two on Danger. The other incident was on Williams. Williams drove past AO into the lane, jumped up for the shot. As Williams reached her apex, AO came in and undercut Williams, sending her to the floor. Didn't catch it live but it was clear on the replay.

We should always be able to have a discussion on our favorite topic and disagree agreeably.

+1,000 ... that started the 3 attempts to put 'enemies' out of action -- just vicious .... not tough game play, but ruthlessness

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well..maybe it's time to end the series with ND if their leader, Miss Muffet can't do any better than this.
I wouldn’t mind ending the series.
Come on UCONN, leave the ND "FIGHTING" Irish & let's get a home-away series started up with Oregon State.

OK, going to be nice here, no emoji of head banging the wall which would be well deserved. ;)
I saw the game, I have heard and read all the comments and cannot figure out for the life of me how many don't get the fact this was the best thing for women's basketball since ND knocking us out of the tourney.

To end the best rivalry in the woman's game at this point with the position / conference UConn is in would be a suicide setback just like that of Pat's. ( Note recruiting class this year. ) Be aware this would hurt UConn much more than it would ND. How many match ups like this, early in the season are featured in prime time on ESPN?

All that happened in this game was fuel to the fire and what is needed to maintain a great rivalry. That and scrutiny from the media and pressure on ND and the officials should we meet in the final four. I am obviously a little rougher around the edges here than many but I say bring it on! ;)
We embarrassed the #1 team in their house as they continued to embarrass themselves and some want to end the competition ????

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I like Devereaux Peters a lot, but I'm afraid she's on the wrong side of this one:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OK, going to be nice here, no emoji of head banging the wall which would be well deserved. ;)
I saw the game, I have heard and read all the comments and cannot figure out for the life of me how many don't get the fact this was the best thing for women's basketball since ND knocking us out of the tourney.

To end the best rivalry in the woman's game at this point with the position / conference UConn is in would be a suicide setback just like that of Pat's. ( Note recruiting class this year. ) Be aware this would hurt UConn much more than it would ND. How many match ups like this, early in the season are featured in prime time on ESPN?
All that happened in this game was fuel to the fire and what is needed to maintain a great rivalry. That and scrutiny from the media and pressure on ND and the officials should we meet in the final four. I am obviously a little rougher around the edges here than many but I say bring it on! ;)
We embarrassed the #1 team in their house as they continued to embarrass themselves and some want to end the competition ????
This is NOT the best thing that could have happened to WCBB, it is potentially the worst. The sport was lucky that multiple players were not hurt by the actions of a ND player. By risking the safety of its players WCBB gains what exactly? This is WCBB, those hoping to see something else can kick rocks and keep it moving. This sport does not need them.

Last edited:

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Not true, five people clapping in this picture. Ivey on the left, Lindsay Allen(?) obscured by Muffet head, Whitney Holloway, Michaela Mabrey, and Maddie Cable.

Muffet, her Husband, and Beth Cunningham didn't clap. The rest are either clapping or not in the picture.

View attachment 37127

Tout

Orangutan, you're a real trooper, but as you see, the show must go on.

Reaction Score
Look at the ESPN home page for women's basketball. The lead article is about Arike's shot 7 months ago. The UConn - Notre Dame game isn't even mentioned on the page. It's clear that No 24 of the Irish has been designated as the princess of wcbb and as such her crap doesn't stink. The Christian Laetner of WCBB.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I like Devereaux Peters a lot, but I'm afraid she's on the wrong side of this one:

Did you read through all the responses to the tweet? Talk about a difference of perception. People are gonna see what they want to see or what fits with their existing viewpoint.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
heard that too... all because AO is such a nice player. But, the OSU game and UCONN game don't show that and she let out some "F Bombs" after getting stuffed on a shot under the basket during the game as well.
LaChina is a sweetheart and a great presence in the sport, but for moments like this she's got nothing.

Reaction Score
Look at the ESPN home page for women's basketball. The lead article is about Arike's shot 7 months ago. The UConn - Notre Dame game isn't even mentioned on the page. It's clear that No 24 of the Irish has been designated as the princess of wcbb and as such her crap doesn't stink. The Christian Laetner of WCBB.
This is some kind of bug on how the page loaded. It’s been happening for a few days. If you go to the main ESPN page and then click on the women’s basketball link you will get an updated homepage. Unfortunately, it has this on it. UConn-Notre Dame -- I'm here for all the pettiness. More stupidity about how this is ‘good for the game’.

Reaction Score
This would be a good time for Nell Fortner to yell at the top of her lungs about AO. I might start listening to her instead of muting her.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
When I played basketball you didn't do the stuff the AO did in the UConn game, if you did you got tossed. I played from 5th grade thru HS and if you did any of the take outs or even dropped the "F" bomb you were either removed by the coach and put on the bench or the refs did it for you.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Even at the Potential cost of a Half a Million dollar bonus???? Seriously?

Yep. Do you think Geno wouldn't?

Both men make plenty of money, and I don't think either has a "win at all costs" mentality. As appealing as the idea of a big bonus is, I wouldn't do something to win that might injure somebody or end her career. There's money, and there's being able to sleep and live with myself. Maybe I'm projecting, but I don't think Vic or Geno would tolerate that behavior.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do not end the series. Continue to pile up all-time series wins while we have Geno.

Program will probably be in good hands whenever he retires.

Reaction Score
Clearly that is the ESPN talking point. This is petty rivalry stuff and there shall be no mention of flagrant fouls, particularly by someone whose game-winning exploits we want to talk about for the next several months. All the employees are sticking to the script.
Yeah I think they’re trying to sell this now as creating drama for WBB. However I don’t think this is the type of stuff I want to elevate WBB. Bush league flagrant fouls that hurt players and acting out with swear words for lots of young people watching. Maybe I’m old school but to elevate the game there should be passion and respect for the game.

Reaction Score
Do not end the series. Continue to pile up all-time series wins while we have Geno.

Program will probably be in good hands whenever he retires.
What’s the point when you’ve won so many already. If you really don’t like ND then you’ve got to see them lose visibility in recruiting. Kids want to go to programs that are winning and on the radar. UConn always bring more to series than the other way around.

Reaction Score

I disagree we would be hurt more than ND. easily can engage other teams who would be ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom