Most under rated UConn Husky? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most under rated UConn Husky?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Underrated is a relative term. Based on my reading of fandom over the last 8 or so months my choice is Khalid El-Amin. I have come to believe people have forgotten how much ass that man kicked.

Reaction Score
How can we leave TO off this list. He won us 2 championships. :)

Reaction Score
I think Taliek by many UConn fans. He did what he was suppose to do.

I think college b-ball fans who don't follow UConn passionately undervalued Kevin Freeman and Doron Sheffer. No offense to Gaffney... I think he will be great. But I would take Sheffer on my team any day. He got the ball to guys in position so they could score and his full court fast break passes were a thing of beauty.
Also, I think every championship team needs a guy like Freeman. The dude just outworked and outwilled the his man. I've posted it before, but I will never forget the one handed rebound against Duke in the championship game. It epitomized his game. Also, the guy worked hard to be better each year and it was clear to see.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Uncle Cliff never really gets mentioned as a uconn great. He played 18 seasons in the nba which is incredible

This x 1000. Plus he played with legends and played against legends / epic teams. Our first “ that’s our guy” in the NBA. The head band was his trademark during that era.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rudy Johnson.
Came in with huge reputation and had to overcome injuries.
By the time he was a senior Rudy figured out how to contribute 20+ minutes and be a real good glue guy.

Reaction Score
Jake Voskuhl.....definitely not a star with guys like Rip and KEA but very good big man defender, position rebounder and REALLY good screener that set up a lot of Rip’s shots after he ran baseline. He did a lot of the work people didn’t notice akin to outstanding offensive linemen in football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom