most overrated team in the country? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

most overrated team in the country?

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
What y'all mean by "legit top-25" just means top-10. Top-25 means just that -- the best 25. That doesn't mean they are perfect teams immune to bad outings. And that doesn't mean there won't be upsets.

Reaction Score
Not really... they should have won in 2017... I will never forgive them for blowing that game... my blood pressure has just rose just thinking about it. Now vs Baylor... that was a blood bath I
If the Gonzaga center hadn't bricked a three in off the board in the waning moments from the top of the arc, another Carolina would have hoisted the trophy.

(Maybe)

Reaction Score
If the Gonzaga center hadn't bricked a three in off the board in the waning moments from the top of the arc, another Carolina would have hoisted the trophy.

(Maybe)
not to mention didn't gamecocks have one of their best players out?

Reaction Score
not to mention didn't gamecocks have one of their best players out?
Our best player had the flu and played his worst game (or at least first half) of the tournament. Very South Carolina thing to happen.

Reaction Score
Well the AP poll just came out and still see so many teams being overrated simply because they have one very good player namely: Baylor, Kentucky, Iowa, Iowa State, and Michigan. How Iowa and Kentucky are even ranked I have no idea, but there they are at #14 and #19 some how. I also see Tennessee and Texas continue to be disrespected.

Reaction Score
Well the AP poll just came out and still see so many teams being overrated simply because they have one very good player namely: Baylor, Kentucky, Iowa, Iowa State, and Michigan. How Iowa and Kentucky are even ranked I have no idea, but there they are at #14 and #19 some how. I also see Tennessee and Texas continue to be disrespected.
Where do you believe Tennessee and Texas should be ranked? Tennessee continues to trend upwards. They'll likely make it the Top 5 I believe if they beat Stanford this weekend.

I'm not sure how much higher Texas should be ranked at this point. When the pre-season poll came out they were listed at 25. Now they're at 11 and could break into the top 10 as well. In 6 weeks, a retooled roster and key players out with injuries, they're trending higher than most would have assumed I believe.

Reaction Score
Where do you believe Tennessee and Texas should be ranked? Tennessee continues to trend upwards. They'll likely make it the Top 5 I believe if they beat Stanford this weekend.

I'm not sure how much higher Texas should be ranked at this point. When the pre-season poll came out they were listed at 25. Now they're at 11 and could break into the top 10 as well. In 6 weeks, a retooled roster and key players out with injuries, they're trending higher than most would have assumed I believe.
Preseason polls don't matter much. That is judging teams before anyone get to see them play. Tennessee should have been top 5 for the last 2 weeks ever since the Thanksgiving tournaments. Now if they lose to Stanford instead of drop down more. Texas only having lost to Tennessee with wins over Stanford and Texas A&M should because close to a top 5 team as well. They definitely should be ranked higher the Baylor who can't even beat Maryland with half their team out and Stanford who they beat and has more losses.

Reaction Score
Also, are people really that impressed with Louisville, Arizona? I think everyone knows both those teams are pretenders.

Who would you like to rank in their place?

I feel like all of those teams are reasonably ranked.

Reaction Score
Also, are people really that impressed with Louisville, Arizona? I think everyone knows both those teams are pretenders.
I'm a Louisville fan and I'm not convinced that Louisville is a Top Ten team. Let's talk at 5:30 on Sunday evening. I'll have a much better idea then.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
If I'm following ReadR00ster correctly, they'd like the top-25 to consist of the same like five teams just repeated over and over. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Colorado got booted from the Top 25 to make room for someone else, despite not losing.

That is insane! Colorado is putting together one of their best seasons in a long time. Heck, I would say ever! They should be ranked.

Reaction Score
I do laugh at fans from bases like, the Lady Vols, Texas, and Notre Dame though. They act like their teams are being disrespected by where they are ranked. Lady Vols are 8th in the nation and Texas is 11th. That is a pretty decent ranking to be honest and those fan bases are flipping out because of some media "bias" towards their teams. Jeez

Reaction Score
I do laugh at fans from bases like, the Lady Vols, Texas, and Notre Dame though. They act like their teams are being disrespected by where they are ranked. Lady Vols are 8th in the nation and Texas is 11th. That is a pretty decent ranking to be honest and those fan bases are flipping out because of some media "bias" towards their teams. Jeez
The Vol fans might have some bitch-room because of their SOS, but I agree that #8 makes them a 2 seed which is more than "pretty decent." A lot of season left to play to bitch about present rankings.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is an easy one... North Carolina

searching-for-lie-no-lie-detected.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Louisville is the winner! I think that was one of the worst offensive perfomances I can recall. 6 pts in the last minute all by ft's. Walz changing the whole offense the team looks totally out of sync, like they don't even know how to play basketball.
Don't think that Uconn will have much to worry when they meet.
Congratulations. With this post you have won the Hot Karma award for this season to date.

nice-clap.gif

Reaction Score
Overrated/ By Whom?

UNC ranked number two by NET - you know, the algorithm the selection committee supposedly uses as its guide.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As of this week, North Carolina, for sure, at least by NET standards.

AP wise, I'm not totally sold on Arizona and Baylor; Arizona has one very close OT win over Louisville and otherwise a pretty underwhelming slate of victories (including a few inexplicably tight ones, like Vandy), and Baylor doesn't even have a good win yet at all.

And, quite honestly, Stanford really doesn't feel like a #2 team. I feel like we have that honor only because everyone below us has worse losses than we do, and we do have a pretty good slate of wins (vs. Maryland, vs. Indiana, @ Tenn, @ Gonzaga). I can't make the case for why NC State or Arizona should be ranked above us, but I also don't feel at all like we're the #2 team in the country.

I guess this is what parity looks like?

Reaction Score
Congratulations. With this post you have won the Hot Karma award for this season to date.

nice-clap.gif

you really gonna take pride in beating a team that has 5 players out lol.. whatever helps you sleep at night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom