most overrated team in the country? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

most overrated team in the country?

Reaction Score
Baylor is really going to miss DiDi Richardson. Its not just her play but the intensity she brings on the court. Some players assets are much more than the stats they provide.
Speaking of, she has impressed me so much in how she has grown her game in the WNBA. Really happy for her. There was never any question about the intangibles she brought to her team (toughness, defense, rebounding, distributor).

Reaction Score
Kentucky. Take Rhyne Howard off the floor and they are average. Kentucky does not have great depth of talent on their bench.

Reaction Score
Kentucky. Take Rhyne Howard off the floor and they are average. Kentucky does not have great depth of talent on their bench.
And she has off nights causing them to be average.

Reaction Score
honestly might have to add Iowa, I feel for Clark. She has no help.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tonight was just an unusually bad game for Iowa...credit to Duke who completely outplayed Iowa on both ends, but the number of point blank layups and open shots missed by the Hawkeyes was out of the ordinary.

Czinano is the one of the most efficient post players I've ever seen. She's undersized but has incredible hands and can catch and finish everything, even with bigger defenders on her. Only problem is she's not a good rebounder or defender. Warnock was dynamite for Iowa last year but she didn't have a good game tonight.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, first, did you see the Louisville game against Michigan last night? They completely destroyed that team? Second, Iowa was coming off 2 weeks of Covid hiatus and the first time the team got together was Tuesday. They traveled on Wed so having 1 full practice and 1 game prep practice after two weeks showed rust-missed layoffs as touch was off, missed passes as timing was off and constant subbing as conditioning was off. I am cutting Iowa a lot of slack here. Remember one of Baylor's losses last year was their first game back after a Covid hiatus. This is still a very good Iowa team and yes, Clark does have help in Czinano and McKenna Warnock. They also added ISU sophomore transfer Kylie Feuerbach who will help with scoring. To me, this team is still a legitimate top 10 team.

Reaction Score
She has more help than she thinks. She shot them out of the game last night. Awesome player, but when she's off like that...STOP with the DEEP 3 pointers. I thought her play was selfish and it hurt the team. When she started driving in for layups...they caught up. Unfortunately...it was too late. I felt for her team. Czinano had 21 on 9 of 12 shots. Clark was 9 for 27. Give up the ball already.

Reaction Score
This is why pre season polls are junk. Even though I may be the biggest Oregon State WBB Fan on this site, there is no way OSU Beavers should have been ranked #15 in the pre season poll. At the moment, they are not a TOP 25 club. I wish the initial WCBB poll was released after the pre season is completed

Reaction Score
Looks like people were a little too quick to criticize Tennessee ranking. They have had some solid wins and done it all without their best player. As it currently stands I don't think they are overrated in the slightest.

Reaction Score
Huh? Clark has help. She seemed to have help when they are winning. I mean Monika Czinano is decent. Kate Martin is decent.
they had a player play 29 minutes and score 0 points. They got 2 pts from the 4th player, that is horrible.

Reaction Score
She has more help than she thinks. She shot them out of the game last night. Awesome player, but when she's off like that...STOP with the DEEP 3 pointers. I thought her play was selfish and it hurt the team. When she started driving in for layups...they caught up. Unfortunately...it was too late. I felt for her team. Czinano had 21 on 9 of 12 shots. Clark was 9 for 27. Give up the ball already.

Yup. They live and die by Caitlin Clark. Going 1-13 from 3 from one player would hurt any team. Most of her points came off pretty open layups. Her and the team missed a ton of easy buckets they’d usually make. As someone else said I’d just chalk it up to the Covid pause.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if it was me, but did it seem like Clark was looking for calls last night with some of her plays? For example, her lays ups in the second half. Her body language gave me the impression she was expecting the And-1 call on those that she made.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if it was me, but did it seem like Clark was looking for calls last night with some of her plays? For example, her lays ups in the second half. Her body language gave me the impression she was expecting the And-1 call on those that she made.
Agree, and she does this too much for my taste. I'd love to see her go up strong and take the contact more often. A lot of the time she is falling away before she even puts the ball up, so she ends up on the ground but doesn't get the call. Then it hurts Iowa's transition defense because with Clark on the ground, the opponent has a 5 on 4 going the other way. It happens so often I've wondered whether she's been taught to do it as a way to protect her body.

Reaction Score
I thought it was just me. If I were a ref I would have told her...stay away and play ball.

Reaction Score
Looks like people were a little too quick to criticize Tennessee ranking. They have had some solid wins and done it all without their best player. As it currently stands I don't think they are overrated in the slightest.
Tennessee problem is never being overrated. It's consistency. They can beat South Carolina and lose to Vanderbilt days apart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom