Most Improved | The Boneyard

Most Improved

Reaction Score
Edwards has really cranked it up the last several weeks.
Who you got?

Most improved over the season? Ducharme

Momma E........... It's not easy going from starting to coming off the bench. She embraced her role. Cut down the turnovers, improved her scoring. Seeing her smile last night!
All very good and deserving choices. So I'm going with Synergy...she is the sum total of all of the parts that is UConn Women's Basketball. :D

Reaction Score
Nika, because I think she's learned to temper her intensity with control so she doesn't collect what seems like 4 fouls in 3 minutes anymore. That drove me nuts, as I'm sure it drove Geno nuts. She's also improved as a point guard too. Now if she'd just shoot more...

Second choice would be Caroline Ducharme.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about this season, but over the course of her UConn career I think Olivia has made remarkable improvements. In total contrast to her freshman year, she is no longer a "frail, stringbean" type. Although she still prefers to play in the high post and make passes, she now has a jump shot that is reliable enough that it needs to be guarded (as Tamari Key failed to recognize in the Tennessee game). She can also mix it up with anyone on the boards. Against all but the best competition, she can score in the paint. She is better at the free throw line, and she doesn't get into foul trouble every game.

Given that Ms. Boston is not likely to be in this year's WNBA draft, I wonder what center(s) would be drafted ahead of Liv. Nalyssa Smith is not really a center (more a power forward, which is where she plays for Baylor). People will talk about Cunane or Kitley, but I think Liv is better suited to the WNBA game than either of them, particularly with respect to speed and agility.

Reaction Score
It's Edwards. I'm not sure this is even debatable. She was pretty close to useless for a stretch of the season. Confidence was drained.

She's currently playing like one of the better bigs in the country, in my opinion.

I get people saying Ducharme, but she really peaked mid-season, and hasn't really come back to 100% after the head injury.

Nika is a decent option too, her defense and ball handling/passing ability was never a question, but she has shot much better in recent weeks which is very important.

Reaction Score
Williams…..just like the way she’s playing……team oriented, doesn’t fiddle with the ball as much, finding open player, intensity and leadership! She’s made me a believer.

Reaction Score
Everyone is working hard, effort counts for me. I
really appreciate the "team" concept and (as
Geno reminds us) that each has grown into a
very production "whole" team. Go Huskies!
P.S. I 'll keep my favorites quiet! They/she can do no wrong
and I sympathize with each and every "down" moment.

Reaction Score
Just this year AE. For a long stretch this year she was struggling. Now she is back on (a very good) track.

Over the last two years, Nika, who really cleaned up her game. Except that scoring thing. To be honest I suspect she'll never average 10 points a game and in her case I don't care.

Reaction Score
All very good and deserving choices. So I'm going with Synergy...she is the sum total of all of the parts that is UConn Women's Basketball. :D
Who is Synergy?

Reaction Score
This is not an easy question. AE is probably most improved because she was under-performing expectations more than anyone else for much of the year, but I am surprised nobody has mentioned Dorka yet. She took a while to get used to a new system and different roles but seems comfortable now.

Reaction Score
Dorka gets my vote. In the beginning of the year, I didn't understand why Geno signed her. Now she is in constant motion, throwing her body around seemingly enjoying the physical aspect of the game. Has also become one of the more consistent 3 point shooters.

Reaction Score
I have to say Ducharme. I attended the first game of the season and she looked like a deer caught in headlights. She is a different player now.
I saw her play in South Orange at the first Seton Hall game. She was just out of her depth. Now she is a bona fide college scorer and player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom