Most Improved | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Most Improved

Reaction Score
Regarding Czinaro vs Liv, gotta say that being a great free throw shooter is an indicator of being a good shooter period. Czinaro has put up consistently great numbers. How that will play at the pro level is yet to be determined. Tough call. Czinaro has shot over .67 % for the last 3 years in a row, and scored between 16 and 21 points a game, trending up consistently. She probably is a decent power forward but she doesn't rebound all that well.

Reaction Score
Regarding Czinaro vs Liv, gotta say that being a great free throw shooter is an indicator of being a good shooter period. Czinaro has put up consistently great numbers. How that will play at the pro level is yet to be determined. Tough call. Czinaro has shot over .67 % for the last 3 years in a row, and scored between 16 and 21 points a game, trending up consistently. She probably is a decent power forward but she doesn't rebound all that well.
Good take, TeamFirst, on the exchange I had with Conn78SEJ, who wasn't so tactful on his/her response to me. It's hard to imagine anyone who's ever seen Czinano play could doubt she has the potential to shoot three-pointers with proficiency. Whether she ever develops other aspects of her game sufficiently to make the grade in the WNBA is another matter.

It was handy to get CONN78SEJ's response, however, since I learned about the difference between the set shot and the jump shot, the basic physiology involved in each, and that I know nothing about basketball. That last bit was especially profound news to me.:oops:

Reaction Score
You don’t know what you are talking about. I shot 75% from the FT line in high school, and beyond 18 feet I was awful. Czinaro has not made a three point shot in all four years at Iowa. Period

I guarantee you if you compare the UConn womens all time 3pt shot leader list with the all time FT percentage leader list, they are very different.

Czinaro is a beast under the basket, gets fouled a lot, and is a good foul shooter which explains her gaudy numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You don’t know what you are talking about. I shot 75% from the FT line in high school, and beyond 18 feet I was awful. Czinaro has not made a three point shot in all four years at Iowa. Period

She is a beast under the basket, gets fouled a lot, and is a good foul shooter which explains her gaudy numbers.
I'm sorry about your own three-point shooting, but I'm thankful for your reminder that I have much to learn about basketball. Fortunately we're surrounded here by many folks who do know something of the sport...

Here's hoping that if the Huskies meet Iowa in the tournament UConn's three-point shooting will make Czinano's efforts - from wherever they might take place - a moot point..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sorry about your own three-point shooting, but I'm thankful for your reminder that I have much to learn about basketball. Fortunately we're surrounded here by many folks who do know something of the sport...

Here's hoping that if the Huskies meet Iowa in the tournament UConn's three-point shooting will make Czinano's efforts - from wherever they might take place - a moot point..
It’s very simple, the human mechanics of foul shooting are quite different from the mechanics of shooting at the basket from almost 21 feet away with defenders trying to get a hand in your face.

Reaction Score
If ONO plays well in the tournament, I will give my vote to ONO. She definitely improves a lot beyond my expectations.

Reaction Score
Dorka gets my vote. In the beginning of the year, I didn't understand why Geno signed her. Now she is in constant motion, throwing her body around seemingly enjoying the physical aspect of the game. Has also become one of the more consistent 3 point shooters.
Am I the only one who finds it hard to take my eyes off her when she’s on the court? I love the way she moves without the ball. She’s never out of position. She can mix it up under the boards, heave a trey, throw a screen, and throw a pinpoint pass, all seemingly without breaking a sweat. Sure, it took her time to adjust, but she’s an integral part of the team and I’d hate to see UCONN without her.

Reaction Score

I guarantee you if you compare the UConn womens all time 3pt shot leader list with the all time FT percentage leader list, they are very different.

Czinaro is a beast under the basket, gets fouled a lot, and is a good foul shooter which explains her gaudy numbers.
We've unfortunately drifted far from the 'most improved' theme of this thread, CONN78SEJ, but I thought it might be interesting for others here to know that four of the top eight free-throw shooters in Huskies history are also among the top eight in three-point shooting percentage: Sue Bird (the leader in both), KML (second in both), KLS and Moriah.

I'd be curious to know their thoughts on your guaranteed hypothesis about the lack of a correlation between shooting
free throws and three-pointers. For that matter, how about checking Azzi's technique?

As for the 'most improved,' I'm with those who suggest we need to know whether it's measured from season's start to now (maybe Dorka or Caroline?) or from, say, mid-season to now (Evina or Aaliyah?).

What a wonderful quandary we have since so many have improved so much, and the team as a unit even more so, such that many of us now believe the Huskies capable of winning the NCAA title.

Reaction Score
We've unfortunately drifted far from the 'most improved' theme of this thread, CONN78SEJ, but I thought it might be interesting for others here to know that four of the top eight free-throw shooters in Huskies history are also among the top eight in three-point shooting percentage: Sue Bird (the leader in both), KML (second in both), KLS and Moriah.

I'd be curious to know their thoughts on your guaranteed hypothesis about the lack of a correlation between shooting
free throws and three-pointers. For that matter, how about checking Azzi's technique?

As for the 'most improved,' I'm with those who suggest we need to know whether it's measured from season's start to now (maybe Dorka or Caroline?) or from, say, mid-season to now (Evina or Aaliyah?).

What a wonderful quandary we have since so many have improved so much, and the team as a unit even more so, such that many of us now believe the Huskies capable of winning the NCAA title.
Well on most improved, I would not count Caroline’s 3pt or 2pt shooting stats after she came back from the head injury. I don’t think it’s fair. As for your info on the 3pt and foul shooting stats leaders, do you have a link? I’d love to see it, and take a larger sample, say top 10 or 12, instead of top 8. Also as I said in a previous post, the mechanics of a foul shot, and a jump shot from beyond the paint are quite different.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My choice is of course Caroline Ducharme, but what's truly special is to look at how many of us have made so many different valid picks. For me, that's the most exciting thing to have witnessed this season.

Reaction Score
Well on most improved, I would not count Caroline’s 3pt or 2pt shooting stats after she came back from the head injury. I don’t think it’s fair. As for your info on the 3pt and foul shooting stats leaders, do you have a link? I’d love to see it, and take a larger sample, say top 10 or 12, instead of top 8. Also as I said in a previous post, the mechanics of a foul shot, and a jump shot from beyond the paint are quite different.
You are persistent to your point, I'll give you that. I just gave you names that show the best free-throw shooters in school history are also the best three-point shooters and still you doubt that there's a correlation, as TeamFirst had said? I find it hard to believe you won't admit there's anything to the reality that good shooters from 15 and in can also be good three-point shooters, your own experience notwithstanding.

The source? The UConn website. It lists only the top 10s so feel free to go after a larger sample to your heart's content. At this point, I'm more interested in the tournament brackets.

Regarding Caroline, I'd agree.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Well on most improved, I would not count Caroline’s 3pt or 2pt shooting stats after she came back from the head injury. I don’t think it’s fair.
Classic feeling>facts response. What does 'fair' have to do with improvement?

Reaction Score
You are persistent to your point, I'll give you that. I just gave you names that show the best free-throw shooters in school history are also the best three-point shooters and still you doubt that there's a correlation, as TeamFirst had said? I find it hard to believe you won't admit there's anything to the reality that good shooters from 15 and in can also be good three-point shooters, your own experience notwithstanding.

The source? The UConn website. It lists only the top 10s so feel free to go after a larger sample to your heart's content. At this point, I'm more interested in the tournament brackets.

Regarding Caroline, I'd agree.
You only gave four names of the top 8 leaders in each category. Why didn’t you give the names of the other four leaders in the respective categories? Why not give all 8 names? Maybe that wouldn’t have helped your case much? Thanks for the info, do you know how to post a web address link or is that beyond your capabilities? Lol

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
me. i should get the most improved Huskie (fan) award cuz i went from almost losing my poptarts (choc filled, choc covered) every time i came here during 'the troubles,' where half the team was in the mayo clinic, and many here were losing their minds, when all we needed was health.
we got well, and now i can keep the poptarts down. improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom