Most hideous song | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Most hideous song

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You know who else is awful now, Cher. She needs to hang up the tights
Ain't nothing in the world stretched tighter than her face. That is literally hanging by a thread(s).

Reaction Score
Okay, these are all amateurs. I give you the Shaggs.

Some comments:
OMG
That drummer sounds like she's building a shed!
Their guitars were probably in tune when they bought them.....
Sounds like Guitar Center on a Saturday afternoon...
Still better than Justin Bieber
1.1 million views!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Some comments:
OMG
That drummer sounds like she's building a shed!
Their guitars were probably in tune when they bought them.....
Sounds like Guitar Center on a Saturday afternoon...
Still better than Justin Bieber
1.1 million views!
I know you don't want to hear this, but Bieber can actually play all of these instruments with some proficiency. He can also read and write music, and sing on pitch.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Anyone say informer by snow?

Rico swave?

That stupid ru Paul song?

And most overrated category- Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart
Springsteen is not overrated. You don't have to like him - and I know his vocals are often slurred - and I'm not a big fan personally of some of the live stuff - but as a songwriter and performer he is the real thing. Ditto Rod Stewart, that I don't like at all.

I'm not going to try and list "overrated" artists, but I agree that some don't live up to the hype. But in the end, if an artist is "overrated" they are not going to stand up over the length of time that Springsteen and Stewart have.

Reaction Score
I know you don't want to hear this, but Bieber can actually play all of these instruments with some proficiency. He can also read and write music, and sing on pitch.
Just joking. I don't know anything about Bieber. Change the name to whomever you like.

Reaction Score
I was never big on the Eagles, I liked a few of their songs, but this one I always despised:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was never big on the Eagles, I liked a few of their songs, but this one I always despised:

3xqhz.jpg

Just, just......man there aren't even any words.

Reaction Score
Okay, these are all amateurs. I give you the Shaggs.

Was wondering when the Shaggs would be cited. Frank Zappa once remarked that they were better than the Beatles. I disagree. But the Shaggs are way more interesting and entertaining than mountains of derivative, over-produced corporate dreck (much of which is referenced here and (sorry) in other posts). Reminds me of what Christgau once said of Kris Kristofferson: "he's the worst singer I've ever heard. It's not that he's off key--he has no relation to key. He also has no phrasing, no dynamics, no energy, no authority, no dramatic ability, and no control of the top two-thirds of his six-note range." The difference is that "no relation to key"--indeed, no relation to just about anything standard in the 60's pop form--is the Shaggs' genuis. And after all, who would have conceived of a song like "Who Are Parents?" in 1969?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Awful Oldies that have Not Been Mentioned.
Geisha Girl
Fraulein
A Dear John Letter
Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
Teen Angel
Tell Laura I Love Her
Teddy Bear
I could cite more, but I gotta stop and barf.

Reaction Score
Teen Angel!!! OMG, I danced close to plenty of girls, listening to this record, in my youth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom