Most hideous song | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most hideous song

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sadly, Hallelujah is one of my favorites I'm afraid. Particularly the later recording by Leonard Cohen that I saw on YouTube. I do think that some artists drag it out too much.

Like you, however, I don't mind all the songs mentioned. There are some real turkeys listed, but a few that, if not great works of art, aren't so hard on the ears.
I know lots of people really like Hallelujah, but to me it's just annoyingly obnoxious. But I'm sure there are lot's of songs I like that many, many people can't stand. A few in this thread. :cool:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I can't tell if some of these songs have just been way overplayed and you're tired of them now or if you hated them from the beginning. On my list of hated from minute 1:
Anything Yoko Ono, Any version of Helter Skelter, 99% of rap, 90% of current country and 100% of old country. The list could go on forever.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can't tell if some of these songs have just been way overplayed and you're tired of them now or if you hated them from the beginning. On my list of hated from minute 1:
Anything Yoko Ono, Any version of Helter Skelter, 99% of rap, 90% of current country and 100% of old country. The list could go on forever.
Well...

Yoko Ono took "performance art" to new levels of self indulgence. I find bluegrass music to a great form of Americana, and when well played, incredibly entertaining. What you say about new "country" I find to be true. It's just R & R with a twang. I also find 99 out 100 rap "songs" to be unlistenable.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I know lots of people really like Hallelujah, but to me it's just annoyingly obnoxious. But I'm sure there are lot's of songs I like that many, many people can't stand. A few in this thread. :cool:
Obnoxious and opaque. I grow so tired of songs and songwriters who write songs of so called meaning, whose meaning is decipherable only by themselves.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And not Charmin or Northern.
No, that wax stuff they sell in Russia and the Ukraine. Drinking lots of vodka is the only solution; then of course pouring some on yourself.

Reaction Score
Anyone say informer by snow?

Rico swave?

That stupid ru Paul song?

And most overrated category- Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart

Reaction Score
Well, without getting into specifics, I actually like 11 of the various songs that folks have mentioned so far. Maybe this is some sort of audible Rorschach Test.

Here's my nominee for a song I detest

Guy really can't sing. I'm amazed he's a star.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Anyone say informer by snow?

Rico swave?

That stupid ru Paul song?

And most overrated category- Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart

noononononono! I'm not a fan of some Stewart songs, but, he's not in the top (or bottome) 10 for "overrated".
And, Bruce? Bruce? You've not a clue, bucko!

Reaction Score
noononononono! I'm not a fan of some Stewart songs, but, he's not in the top (or bottome) 10 for "overrated".
And, Bruce? Bruce? You've not a clue, bucko!

I'd have a better clue if I could understand 1/2 the words he says ha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom