Most hideous song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most hideous song

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
MacArthur Park is truly hideous. Especially the lyrics.

We are supposed to get all bent outta shape because someone left a cake out in the rain? Really?

And worse than that, he`ll never have that recipe again! Oh, the horror!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yikes!
Yeah you can't unhear that can you?

A song of drunken murdering moonshiners? What kind of people would use it to represent themselves?

invasion-of-personal-space.jpg

Uh, nevermimind.

Reaction Score
About Danke Schoen: I don't know whether to be happy (that it's on the list of awfulest) or sad (that I was reminded of it). It certainly belongs on the list, though.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

We are supposed to get all bent outta shape because someone left a cake out in the rain? Really?

Well, not having that recipe again was a good thing.

JordyG

Reaction Score

I think Wayne Newton, in both the younger androgyn and older dyed haired macho made man copies deserves this list in perpetuity.

Reaction Score
MacArthur Park was memorable not because it was good, but because those of us who were listening to the FM side of things (remember "alternative" radio?) loved it when the AM disc jockeys would have to play it because of its popularity and at nearly 7 1/2 minutes, it would destroy the boring and corporate 3-4 minute-song format that AM radio tried to strictly adhere to. We used to think that if you had even a shred of musical anarchy in you, you had to cheer for MacArthur Park because of all the time it took up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A lot of these songs I have in my library. :)eek:)

But for me the song I can't stand is Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen or any other artist who covers it). Unfortunately it is a very popular song to cover. Makes me sick. :mad:

Reaction Score
I am shocked no one mentioned "Tip Toe Through The Tulips" by Tiny Tim

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, without getting into specifics, I actually like 11 of the various songs that folks have mentioned so far. Maybe this is some sort of audible Rorschach Test.

Here's my nominee for a song I detest

JordyG

Reaction Score
MacArthur Park was memorable not because it was good, but because those of us who were listening to the FM side of things (remember "alternative" radio?) loved it when the AM disc jockeys would have to play it because of its popularity and at nearly 7 1/2 minutes, it would destroy the boring and corporate 3-4 minute-song format that AM radio tried to strictly adhere to. We used to think that if you had even a shred of musical anarchy in you, you had to cheer for MacArthur Park because of all the time it took up.
Yes it destroyed the boring 3-4 minute corporate song format and in one fell swoop added the long, boring, overindulgent, R & R hedonistic concept format.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Well, without getting into specifics, I actually like 11 of the various songs that folks have mentioned so far. Maybe this is some sort of audible Rorschach Test.

Here's my nominee for a song I detest

Sorry. I saw Rodney 3x before I saw him perform this. Loved (love) him, loved the song.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
There has to be a special place in everyone's "Worst" list for this

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Okay, these are all amateurs. I give you the Shaggs.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

They lyrics are corny, but it's a beautiful song. It's one of very few songs to be taken to #1 by two different acts.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
A lot of these songs I have in my library. :)eek:)

But for me the song I can't stand is Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen or any other artist who covers it). Unfortunately it is a very popular song to cover. Makes me sick. :mad:
Sadly, Hallelujah is one of my favorites I'm afraid. Particularly the later recording by Leonard Cohen that I saw on YouTube. I do think that some artists drag it out too much.

Like you, however, I don't mind all the songs mentioned. There are some real turkeys listed, but a few that, if not great works of art, aren't so hard on the ears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom