More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 14 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was mostly tongue in cheek since there were several derailings of a thread meant to discuss the merits of a double nut fist after a dunk and how it pertains to future success at UConn.
Uploaded earlier today

Ugly game for Andre. Lot of turnovers, bad defense, did not run the floor, bad body language.

But I’m happy because he played like a gentleman.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ugly game for Andre. Lot of turnovers, bad defense, did not run the floor, bad body language.

But I’m happy because he played like a gentleman.:rolleyes:
Good game to temper expectations to a more realistic level. Still did some eye opening things, shot looked better than I expected, sloppy with the ball & looked disengaged at times.

Reaction Score
Good game to temper expectations to a more realistic level. Still did some eye opening things, shot looked better than I expected, sloppy with the ball & looked disengaged at times.

Lot of poor decisions trying to split double and triple teams, seemed to be standing around on defense as guys were scoring inside a few feet away from him, didn't get out on shooters who were left with wide open shots, but made some great passes. Have him work on a floater and make him our point guard.
Also, maybe he's so good he doesn't feel challenged unless he tries to make the more spectacular play. .

Reaction Score
I had to watch this a bunch of times but check where the ball hits his hand, it’s by the side of the backboard and below. wingspan like a Condor.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200105-174628_Gallery.jpg
behind the backboard, this kid is special.

Reaction Score
It’s going to be amazing seeing guys dunk again
Cant wait to see some athleticism around the rim between Akok and Brown-Ferguson, Springs looks like an athlete as well.

We all clearly know Carlton isn't going to bang on anybody.

Reaction Score
Cant wait to see some athleticism around the rim between Akok and Brown-Ferguson, Springs looks like an athlete as well.

We all clearly know Carlton isn't going to bang on anybody.
I wouldn't consider Javonte Brown Ferguson very athletic but he does have crazy long arms though so that should help a bit

Reaction Score
I wouldn't consider Javonte Brown Ferguson very athletic but he does have crazy long arms though so that should help a bit
He's shown the ability to finish around the rim and dunk, with authority. Which is literally nothing like what Carlton has shown.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see Andre Jackson play. I don’t expect him to solve all of our problems. He seems like a good kid and an exciting talent.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see Andre Jackson play. I don’t expect him to solve all of our problems. He seems like a good kid and an exciting talent.

A great read. Excited to have him next season. I like his leadership abilities. We sorely need that. I don't think we really have a leader this year. Cole and/or Jackson could be leaders next season.

Reaction Score
Liked this quote from Jackson when he said he couldn't pass up a chance to play for coach Dan Hurley.

"I love his intensity," Jackson said. "I think I'm my biggest critic. He's really intense during practice. The second the game starts, he's just on your side. He just really pushes you. You can tell he instills so much confidence in his players. He'll help me out with my confidence and the style of play fits me perfectly."

Followed by Hurley's quote about Jackson after recently seeing him play:

"Just that way we've constructed the roster around him and the way we play defensively, he's going to fit in, hopefully right away the way Akok (Akok) has," Hurley said, "because one of his strengths is going to be his ability to change the game defensively with his length, athleticism and multiple-positional defense. And his true gift is his playmaking, passing and vision. And we're going to have scoring at spots around him.

"We just can't wait to get him here. He's going to have a huge impact on our team."

Reaction Score
Liked this quote from Jackson when he said he couldn't pass up a chance to play for coach Dan Hurley.

"I love his intensity," Jackson said. "I think I'm my biggest critic. He's really intense during practice. The second the game starts, he's just on your side. He just really pushes you. You can tell he instills so much confidence in his players. He'll help me out with my confidence and the style of play fits me perfectly."

"Just that way we've constructed the roster around him and the way we play defensively, he's going to fit in, hopefully right away the way Akok (Akok) has," Hurley said, "because one of his strengths is going to be his ability to change the game defensively with his length, athleticism and multiple-positional defense. And his true gift is his playmaking, passing and vision. And we're going to have scoring at spots around him.

"We just can't wait to get him here. He's going to have a huge impact on our team."

this quote makes me think we are going to see a lot of him w/ the ball in his hand.Specifically referring to him creating for others. Will be interesting to watch

Reaction Score

The more I see of Jackson, the more I see Kelly Oubre Jr.

Reaction Score
Really wouldn’t expect him to be as good offensively, particularly as a freshman.
He better be able to give us the 9 ppg and 1 assist per game right away that Oubre gave Kansas.

Reaction Score
He better be able to give us the 9 ppg and 1 assist per game right away that Oubre gave Kansas.
17.6 PTS (112 ORtg) and 9.5 REB per 40 may not be attainable for him his freshman year. I don't think he's nearly as ready as Oubre was to produce in the halfcourt, but we'll see.

People seem to be expecting him to be the hero we need, but I don't think that's a fair expectation for his freshman year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom