More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 109th ranked class gives you hope?
UConn does not have a paid writer on 247, so we are lucky to even get ratings on players. Some of the unrated recruits that UConn signed would have gotten higher ratings if we had a paid site on 247. I'm not saying UConn would have had a top 50 recruiting class, but the rank would be better than it currently is.

Reaction Score
UConn does not have a paid writer on 247, so we are lucky to even get ratings on players. Some of the unrated recruits that UConn signed would have gotten higher ratings if we had a paid site on 247. I'm not saying UConn would have had a top 50 recruiting class, but the rank would be better than it currently is.

Maybe if that happen they would play better!?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
LOL. This is not Alabama. This is Connecticut. It has taken two generations to turn our flagship state university into a very good public flagship, and to get good students from the New York suburbs in Fairfield County to consider going there. The thought that you are going to get broad public support to throw away all type of academic standards for athletes to help us win games is pretty funny.

P.S. -- it's not like we didn't get to the Fiesta Bowl, and win 4 mens basketball championships, and basically create womens' basketball as a spectator sport, while still putting some academic limits on our coaches.

I don't know, look at what Central Connecticut is doing sports wise, lol

Reaction Score
Recruiting rankings (247) for the last four classes: 109, 113, 102, 101. An avg of 11th ranking within the AAC. Seems about right based on the results. The soft home schedule next season should get Randy some wins.

Reaction Score
We have 9 3 star commits, on espn.com. That's way more than the last time we were independent and in the early years of our time in the BE.

Another poster here looked at the stats on the recruiting sites. The total number of 3 star players in 2020 almost tripled compared to 15 years ago. Looks like any decent player gets 3 stars now.

Reaction Score
BTW ... the Present Value of that $17m over $5 in year one & $5 in year two & $1m each in the next 6 is _______.

as long as you are getting into the fine points.

Reaction Score
Another poster here looked at the stats on the recruiting sites. The total number of 3 star players in 2020 almost tripled compared to 15 years ago. Looks like any decent player gets 3 stars now.

it’s not about decent players ... it’s not even as if it came from certified evaluations.

It’s as bogus a system as you’d consider. It’s easy at the highest talent level. The fact that they’ve tripled the oomph tells you a lot.

Reaction Score
LOL. This is not Alabama. This is Connecticut....The thought that you are going to get broad public support to throw away all type of academic standards for athletes to help us win games is pretty funny.

P.S. -- it's not like we didn't get to the Fiesta Bowl, and win 4 mens basketball championships, and basically create womens' basketball as a spectator sport, while still putting some academic limits on our coaches.

I am pretty sure the alumni at PSU, Michigan, USC (west), don't believe their schools are "throwing away all type of academic standards for athletes". I am pretty sure they don't believe their athletic admission standards degrades their schools or their degrees. On a smaller scale, I am sure the same is true of Temple, Rutgers, etc.

I am probably delusional, but I just don't buy that there's a well thought out plan from the UConn administration WRT UConn football.

Reaction Score
UMass has 17 3 star commits for 2020, according to espn.com. You might be onto something. But at the same time, their new coach seems to be able to recruit quite well.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure the alumni at PSU, Michigan, USC (west), don't believe their schools are "throwing away all type of academic standards for athletes". I am pretty sure they don't believe their athletic admission standards degrades their schools or their degrees. On a smaller scale, I am sure the same is true of Temple, Rutgers, etc.

I am probably delusional, but I just don't buy that there's a well thought out plan from the UConn administration WRT UConn football.
Exaclty - think about all the long-term visionary things that the administrations have been doing all these years...

<<crickets>>

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not.

Depending on the year, and our record going in, having no bowl tie-ins opens us up to many more bowls. The AAC bowl tie-ins leaves the possibility of really 2 of the worst bowls out there - the Gasparilla (which is always horrid near-christmas morning kick off, making it impossible to travel to), and the Frisco.

The only real draw is the possible NY6 tie-in, which hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gasparilla Bowl doesn't have a morning kickoff. At all.

Reaction Score
BTW ... the Present Value of that $17m over $5 in year one & $5 in year two & $1m each in the next 6 is _______.

as long as you are getting into the fine points.
Roughly: 5M+4.9M+ 925K+900K+875k+850K+825+800+775k, so it’s about 16Million

Reaction Score
Temple does something that would help UCONN beyond belief. They pretty much have open admission which really improves the talent they can bring in. Almost all the schools in AAC had open admissions which really changes their teams. Maybe UCONN new president will open up admissions and we can compete again. I asked Edsall a few years ago why he didn’t bring in more Juco and he told me he would absolutely love to but it was extremely difficult for Uconn to get them acceptable for our admissions. It’s sad but it’s like tying his hands and asking him to win a fight. People have to understand this is the way it has been

Really you want UConn to lower their standards for admission to UConn? I don't. When I'm hiring, I know a UConn degree is a good standard. If they lower their standards, to get better athletes, we need to figure out if we want gold standard degrees or tin standard degrees?

Reaction Score
Really you want UConn to lower their standards for admission to UConn? I don't. When I'm hiring, I know a UConn degree is a good standard. If they lower their standards, to get better athletes, we need to figure out if we want gold standard degrees or tin standard degrees?
Really? I didn’t get accepted to UConn when it was easy to. I’ve had non athletic UConn alumni get trained by and work for me. They were fine but not superior. My executive director went to Westfield State. Suggest hiring the individual and not the degree. Most college kids cheat anyways and the athletes take peds.

Reaction Score
Really? I didn’t get accepted to UConn when it was easy to. I’ve had non athletic UConn alumni get trained by and work for me. They were fine but not superior. My executive director went to Westfield State. Suggest hiring the individual and not the degree. Most college kids cheat anyways and the athletes take peds.
Worst hires ever, Harvard and Penn grads. Lacked critical thinking skills and imagination. Could do math in their heads real well but never able to get outside the box and figure out simple solutions to problems that they saw as complex but were not that hard in reality. One ended up thriving in a hedge fund as a quant guy. Lost track of the other.

Best hire ever, Keene State grad. Work harder than everyone else, never stopped wanting to learn and get better and saw complex issues as just a series of easily solved problems. She is now CEO of a really successful tech firm.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Worst hires ever, Harvard and Penn grads. Lacked critical thinking skills and imagination. Could do math in their heads real well but never able to get outside the box and figure out simple solutions to problems that they saw as complex but were not that hard in reality. One ended up thriving in a hedge fund as a quant guy. Lost track of the other.

Best hire ever, Keene State grad. Work harder than everyone else, never stopped wanting to learn and get better and saw complex issues as just a series of easily solved problems. She is now CEO of a really successful tech firm.

Wow, what are the odds that the only person ever to graduate from Keene State became successful?

Those of us with better educations understand sarcasm and the flaw in your logic.

UConn players have been drafted by the NFL but the NFL would be foolish to equate them with players from Ohio State in large numbers.

Same goes for any Fortune 500 company, really any company. Recruiting talent in business or football isn't all that different. Credentials be they school or star ratings are the end all be all, but you'd be a fool to ignore them completely.

Reaction Score
Wow, what are the odds that the only person ever to graduate from Keene State became successful?

Those of us with better educations understand sarcasm and the flaw in your logic.

UConn players have been drafted by the NFL but the NFL would be foolish to equate them with players from Ohio State in large numbers.

Same goes for any Fortune 500 company, really any company. Recruiting talent in business or football isn't all that different. Credentials be they school or star ratings are the end all be all, but you'd be a fool to ignore them completely.
There was no logic, just relaying a 30+ year history of the two worst and single best professional level hires I have made. It is funny that the worst ones were in the last 10 years and when I was one of the final 2 interviewers after a long process for them and the best was 20+ years ago when the firm was smaller and I had more direct input in the process early on. I usually don't note the school or what they majored in unless they remind me after they are hired. It is the rare Wharton or Harvard grad that doesn't let you forget their pedigree.

Reaction Score
Roughly: 5M+4.9M+ 925K+900K+875k+850K+825+800+775k, so it’s about 16Million

WTF

As a son of a college President, this is wildly off the mark.

Guess what. When you get to Big Law Firms … Big Institutional Money … Big Investment Banks or Commercial Banks … High executive positions at Not for Profits … Academic Positions at the administrative level … YOU find the Degrees and the Experience and the Resume beyond what you are stating. There are some skillsets and accomplishments that you are absolutely on target. But, the top level is merit and milestone resume points. Particularly if you are a Woman or Person of Color.

Reaction Score
USC looking to boot UC-Davis from its 2021 schedule......a trip to Cali is always nice.
Already playing Fresno to start the season that year. Would they try and reshuffle some games and head to Cali twice in a year?

Reaction Score
Already playing Fresno to start the season that year. Would they try and reshuffle some games and head to Cali twice in a year?
Looking at the schedule they would have to boot Holy Cross that Thursday. Then the question is would they go to Cali two weeks in a row to start the season? I’m sure the fans wouldn’t mind but would that make fiscal sense? Would they be able to reschedule the Holy Cross game?

Reaction Score
Why would they want to schedule a West Coast FCS team, much less to do so for a road game?

Reaction Score
Why would they want to schedule a West Coast FCS team, much less to do so for a road game?
I assumed he was thinking more along the lines of playing USC as their replacement for UC Davis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom