More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022 | The Boneyard

More future schedule dates/opponents for 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Really what's new here is Mid Tenn in 2021 and Fresno and Ball State in 2022...everything else was already known.

Edit update: whoops I see at Fresno in 2021 is new, bumping the Holly Cross game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the independent move, but I'm pretty excited. A number of new teams on the upcoming schedules. It should create good exposure for the UConn brand in other areas of the country.

Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem like a gratuitous slam, it is not meant to be, but just how bad has it gotten when fans see playing a H/H with a third level California school as a "nice get"?
IMO it helps with cross country exposure. Could potentially help with recruiting down the road as well. Just my thought. They had two good years (2018, 2017) sandwiched between a poor year this year, and a UConn like year in 2016 (1-11). They usually have a prospect or two that gets to the league.

Reaction Score
Fresno is a nice get.
Hah, the latter being infrequent words associated with the city. While Fresno State has not been as good recently as in prior years (4-8 2019), a CA game may aid left coast JC recruiting. Bottom line: 2 additional scheduled games are absolutely a big positive.

Reaction Score
While at UCLA, they would play Fresno State ... several times in a 6 year period.

They had an enormous traveling fanbase for an opponent. Coming down from the Valley to the Rose Bowl. They take sports seriously. Yes ... and equivalent to some second tier South like UCF & Memphis; however, the Mountain West has not improved the quality of play as much at the AAC.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the independent move, but I'm pretty excited. A number of new teams on the upcoming schedules. It should create good exposure for the UConn brand in other areas of the country.
I agree. I like the diverse schedule. Obviously, not sure if it makes sense TV, financially and bowl wise, but it's like playing a bunch of bowl games against random teams. I thought part of the fun of bowl games was playing teams you don’t normally play. Now...every week is bowl week.

Which....considering our situation, this may be the only way we are in a bowl ;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know this is going to seem like a gratuitous slam, it is not meant to be, but just how bad has it gotten when fans see playing a H/H with a third level California school as a "nice get"?
Especially when people are saying they are glad to be leaving a conference with schools that are already third tier schools in their states (Memphis, UCF, Houston, Cincy) but are actually good....

Reaction Score
Have we ever had a CA player other than the infamous DJ Shoemate?
How often have they even played in CA? Hence why I mentioned playing out there would be good exposure for the brand and the program.

Reaction Score
How often have they even played in CA?
Pretty confident never, until San Jose State next season. IIRC, the Huskies’ furthest west games were played in Boise followed by the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom